Taom Chalk

MurrayNevada

I got a round from Amazon and so far not impressed. I was a little out of stroke today but that shouldn't account for all my miscues. It did seem to go on OK but there is no way I could go a entire rack without chalking. I will give it another try tomorrow to see how it works for me. I normally use Blue Diamond and bought the V10 because of the reviews in this thread.

I will say the round does fit nicely into the square holder on the Shark holder.
Could the miscues have been because you were wearing a glove? It was on a thread here that gloves cause miscues. ;)

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, my home table. I own a Clean Gleem cleaner so I cleaned the balls before I started because I wanted to be certain that ANY chalk mark on the cue or object balls was the result of the TAOM and not something left over. I did not clean the cloth, but I will vacuum it up this evening and keep an eye on it. Nobody wants this to work and be super clean more than me. It's better if for no other reason than I chalk every 4 or 5 shots rather than after every shot. I just don't think its enough difference to be worth the price at this point. That's all.
Since it's your home table, use the aramith cleaner on the cue ball to clean it. Make sure too use the lightly damp rag to wipe down the cloth after cleaning. I cleaned my centennial 4 times after I saw what this new stuff was doing with a vacuum and damp cloth,,4 times I did that. 3 weeks later my hands have no chalk residue what so ever. I thought about this after my last post and went down and brushed the table instead of using the siminios dohicky and was amazed , there was no blue cloud of dust flying around as I was brushing the cloth down. Only thing I will use now is the siminiouX1 cleaner and maybe a vacuum once every couple of months.

TonyB2377

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could the miscues have been because you were wearing a glove? It was on a thread here that gloves cause miscues. ;)
First of all Semper Fi. (Former Marine).
Yes I was wearing a glove but have been for a while now. I was shocked that I had so many miscues and actually stopped, cleaned and scuffed my tip before thoroughly chalking again. I've had boxes of Masters that sat for a while and had to break through that first layer so maybe I got an old piece from Amazon? I am honestly very surprised about this especially after spending $30 bucks on a piece of chalk.

MurrayNevada

First of all Semper Fi. (Former Marine).
Yes I was wearing a glove but have been for a while now. I was shocked that I had so many miscues and actually stopped, cleaned and scuffed my tip before thoroughly chalking again. I've had boxes of Masters that sat for a while and had to break through that first layer so maybe I got an old piece from Amazon? I am honestly very surprised about this especially after spending $30 bucks on a piece of chalk.
Semper fidelis Tony. We all have different perceptions. Perhaps it is the glove causing you some difficulty. This game of ours keeps us looking for solutions. Glad it does as I have little else at this point to keep the adrenalin going.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have never used a Glove. Had some from Sterling that I order 3 dozen for friends. But never tried personally.

Wait on my Circle of V-10 to be delivered. No mail Presidents Day.😂

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I received two pieces of V10 chalk yesterday I played using this chalk for about four hours. I must say that I was very impressed. Using a new set of Dynasphere Bronze and relatively new cloth that I had cleaned right before playing I felt like it would be a good test.

Other than your pre-shot routine there was no need to chalk every shot. I chalked once per game and was playing one pocket so the games were longer than eight ball or rotation. One miscue the whole night, while using forced follow.

The balls are new but not a mark on any ball. I have had very good results with the Cyclop and now Dynasphere sets staying much cleaner than My Aramith Pros's and Centennial sets.

I have to wonder if this new chalk will possibly make the ball sets last longer due to its less gritty nature. If that's true then maybe the cloth might last longer as well. The balls may be abraded less and because they don't seem to get chalk marks on them will I need to polish them as much? Polishing balls must have some effect at eventually removing some of the fine polish that is on the surface of new balls.

Just my impression and thoughts on the new V10 chalk.

Cuebuddy>>>never thought I would spend $18 dollars for a piece of chalk.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I received two pieces of V10 chalk yesterday I played using this chalk for about four hours. I must say that I was very impressed. Using a new set of Dynasphere Bronze and relatively new cloth that I had cleaned right before playing I felt like it would be a good test.

Other than your pre-shot routine there was no need to chalk every shot. I chalked once per game and was playing one pocket so the games were longer than eight ball or rotation. One miscue the whole night, while using forced follow.

The balls are new but not a mark on any ball. I have had very good results with the Cyclop and now Dynasphere sets staying much cleaner than My Aramith Pros's and Centennial sets.

I have to wonder if this new chalk will possibly make the ball sets last longer due to its less gritty nature. If that's true then maybe the cloth might last longer as well. The balls may be abraded less and because they don't seem to get chalk marks on them will I need to polish them as much? Polishing balls must have some effect at eventually removing some of the fine polish that is on the surface of new balls.

Just my impression and thoughts on the new V10 chalk.

Cuebuddy>>>never thought I would spend $18 dollars for a piece of chalk.

RICH CUEBUDDY, Black Card in mail?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
i just bought some more Master .... after buying 2 rounds of TAOM and using them on saturday....

What are you going to do with The 20 Toams?

Frame & Displsy?

Skip in Chicago is happy your using his Chalk Master Chalk.👍

It’s a Chalk that has been around 85 years, and is LOVED BY MANY.👍

xX-Wizard-Xx

What are you going to do with The 20 Toams?

Frame & Displsy?

Skip in Chicago is happy your using his Chalk Master Chalk.👍

It’s a Chalk that has been around 85 years, and is LOVED BY MANY.👍
i had v10 TAOM ... i really dont know. i put them back in my cue maintenance toolbox ....

Clement

I personally use some PXT chalk which coats any sort of tips very well, but sometimes over chalking can cause blue circles on the CB.. Tried my friends V10 and damn.. its a really clean chalk. Doesn't leave any visible residue and based on his expro shaft, it doesnt seem to cause much discolouration to his shaft.

TonyB2377

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After using the V10 and miscuing more than ever over 2 shooting sessions, I went back to Blue Diamond and not one single miscue in league last night. I don't know if that chalk doesn't work well on a G2 Med tip or what but I won't use it again on my playing cue. It does work really well on my Dark Matter break tip so now I have a $28 round of chalk for my break cue......

I also was wearing a glove last night.:ROFLMAO: