TAR Young Guns ??

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I heard someone reference a very early TAR match with Justin Bergman and John Morra - called Young Guns match? Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find that?

JCIN - maybe if that Vimeo on Demand thing works out you can add this match to the library??

Also - any future ideas for young gun? Would like to see Manny Perez v Skyler Woodard, for example. :)

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would love to see landon shuffet vs skyler woodward... wow what a match that would be..

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
It would be good for the industry to have a lot more Young Gun matches.

It's kind of hard to get young people excited about a game when all they see are old guys playing it. Heck, SVB is like 29...that's ancient!

stljohnny

Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone had any other thoughts now that the weekend is over (and half the country is burried in snow). :p

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think skylar would be a match for Shuffett. Skylar is a great player but Landon is a monster

Both are great. Skylar just got 3rd at White Diamonds and he would probably have been hill hill that last match with Francisco except Bustamante kicked in the most unbelievable touch kick kick shot after Skyler gave back the push out at 6-5. Skyler can represent himself very well.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind watching two top guns play, but I believe most will only pay for watching the very top players in the world. Johnnyt

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but that would make a hell of a undercard for top pro match. Showcase the young players.
I wouldn't mind watching two top guns play, but I believe most will only pay for watching the very top players in the world. Johnnyt

stljohnny

Silver Member
but that would make a hell of a undercard for top pro match. Showcase the young players.

Ooh - that would be really cool too. :) Still, I think it'd be really interesting to see how the young players hold out in a long race. Most kids are good for a few sets of races to 11 or whatever, but lets see how they do in a single race to 35, or or 50 or whatever.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Or a partners match. Lot of different sets one could think of doing, but will it be worth it for the extra price? TAR would have to pay 2 more players for showing up, would they get double the viewers? Probably not.

I'd like to see a "Mystery Match" as an appetizer, two players not announced to play the day before the main match, maybe shorten the main match to a straight 2 day race to 50 or something for that. Or maybe a ring game.

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I heard someone reference a very early TAR match with Justin Bergman and John Morra - called Young Guns match? Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find that?

JCIN - maybe if that Vimeo on Demand thing works out you can add this match to the library??

Also - any future ideas for young gun? Would like to see Manny Perez v Skyler Woodard, for example. :)

Was it Bergman vs Morra or Oscar vs Morra? Or maybe both these matches were TAR? I know Oscar played Morra in a TAR match that many critiqued as a bit difficult to watch.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both are great. Skylar just got 3rd at White Diamonds and he would probably have been hill hill that last match with Francisco except Bustamante kicked in the most unbelievable touch kick kick shot after Skyler gave back the push out at 6-5. Skyler can represent himself very well.

Didn't he win the Shooters Olathe recently ?

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was on pool4u, some good talent in this mix.

Aug 09, 2012 Shooters Olathe, KS Midwest 9 Ball Tour
Open: 150 players. 1st: Skyler Woodward, 2nd: Shane McMinn, 3rd: Alex Olinger, 4th: Darren Everett, 5th-6th: David Matlock & Marvin Sollars, 7th-8th: Mike Banks Jr & Bobby Dickerson, 9th-12th: Rusty Cates, Mark Chernin, Chip Compton & Joey Gray, 13th-16th: Russell Pace, Andrew Pettenger, Chuck Raulston & Whitey Walker.

Didn't he win the Shooters Olathe recently ?

DJordan816

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy watching the young guns play as well, probably because they're about the same age as me and I know most of them lol. Although Manny Perez is a great up and coming player and I have no doubt he will be at the top one day if he keeps at it, Sklyar is out of his league right now.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Sure doubles or an undercard would be entertaining, but TAR must fork out twice as much cash :/

As the main even, I maaaaybe would pay to see landon play, his performance vs. earl on the big bertha was truly impressive. But I'm having trouble thinking of a good match for him. Haven't seen Skylar play so maybe he's it.

How would Landon do vs. Brandon Shuff?

lampshade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aug 09, 2012 Shooters Olathe, KS Midwest 9 Ball Tour
Open: 150 players. 1st: Skyler Woodward, 2nd: Shane McMinn, 3rd: Alex Olinger, 4th: Darren Everett, 5th-6th: David Matlock & Marvin Sollars, 7th-8th: Mike Banks Jr & Bobby Dickerson, 9th-12th: Rusty Cates, Mark Chernin, Chip Compton & Joey Gray, 13th-16th: Russell Pace, Andrew Pettenger, Chuck Raulston & Whitey Walker.

That's the bar table... The question is can he play on the big table... Cause everyone can play good on the small boxes

stljohnny

Silver Member
..Cause everyone can play good on the small boxes

Man, kick me in the teeth why don't ya. :p

I don't play as well on the BB as I do on the big tables ... but that's because my CB control gets away from me on the bb and I keep trying to play big-table shapes on a little table. :/ I know this and yet I keep falling back into that pattern. Someday, I'll figure it out. heh

Considering Sklyer finished high in the DCC banks this year, I'm guessing he plays pretty sporty on the big tables.

KoolKat9Lives - Early in the SVB/Alex race to 100 that's out on youtube right now, the commentators specifically mentioned the Burgman/Morra match as the Young Guns match. *shrug*

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
How about Chad Behnke? He plays pretty salty. If you were looking to do doubles match any of those young Behnke kids with a couple months practice could be a force!

best,

Justin

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
KoolKat9Lives - Early in the SVB/Alex race to 100 that's out on youtube right now, the commentators specifically mentioned the Burgman/Morra match as the Young Guns match. *shrug*

Thanks stljohnny. I somehow missed the Bergman/Morra match :confused:

and Morra also played against Oscar. Who won the Bergman/Morra match?