Team Europe Selection is Complete for 2022 Mosconi Cup

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Future American (hopefully) player Fedor Gorst just beat 3 of the 2022 European Mosconi Cup players by a combined score of 33 - 12 in his first three Bigfoot matches lol.
Now he faces a 4th, Joshua Filler in the finals.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Future American (hopefully) player Fedor Gorst just beat 3 of the 2022 European Mosconi Cup players by a combined score of 33 - 12 in his first three Bigfoot matches lol.
Updated: Fedor beat Josh 11 to 7 to win the event.
So Fedor beat 4 of the 2022 Euro Mosconi Cup team members by a combined score of 44 to 19.
He played at an astonishing effective fargorate of 945!!!

Guy Manges

Registered
I see it sad with so many judgments, We need to concentrate more on our own, We have the players that can do the job, All will be at a given time... Guy

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see it sad with so many judgments, We need to concentrate more on our own, We have the players that can do the job, All will be at a given time... Guy

if you mean david picked instead of gorst i don't think people cast any judgement on david, but rather on alex lely/MR. will david hear it at the MC? probably.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Based on one of his recent interviews, Fedor doesn't have a green card so he is years (5-10) away from becoming a citizen. Although I would bet in 10 years he is still one of the best in the world. His run this year, in the face of illegal sanctions from the WPA, (now thankfully removed), has been amazing to watch.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Well there it is.

Attachments

• Fedor.PNG
    Fedor.PNG
    958.9 KB · Views: 69

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
It probably won’t matter, but how does Fedor not make the team? He’s arguably the best player in the world right now.

Matchroom says the only thing that matters for selection is how well the player performed in earlier Matchroom ranking events.

Of course Earl was picked last year and he hasn't played well in years and, at least as far I can remember, he didn't place in any of the 2021 Matchroom events.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It probably won’t matter, but how does Fedor not make the team? He’s arguably the best player in the world right now.
Maybe they're doing this on purpose so the USA has something resembling half a chance.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Possibly! I know if I was the captain of the euro team, he’s be on there!
No, he wouldn't, if it is really just Matchroom who secretly behind the scenes actually controls who the selections are but call it "captain's choice" and try to lead people to believe it was captain's choice when it is really just Matchroom's choice. See posts 26-28 from this same thread for more.

Also see post #54 from this thread:

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

Guy Manges

Registered
Which players can do the job???
For one thing why do we have five too their six, I don't even understand that... Also I think that our media can hurt us as bad as help us... I think you can think of six players that on a given time could hold their own... I think Earl could lead a team through competition, but would have to have complete control... we come from a world of look up to... Earl can still be an inspiration... I believe this is more that we can understand... Guy

Guy Manges

Registered
Yes, it would certainly be allowable, he is a US citizen. The only thing that would prevent it would be if Matchroom wanted to put their foot down due to their own preferences, and we all know how apt they are to do just that type of thing.

No, for several reasons Matchroom probably wouldn't allow it even though they certainly could, and arguably should. First, that has always been where Shaw has played (funny how they only seem to care about certain traditions huh--just the ones that benefit them), and second, although they would of course claim neutrality, there is no doubt they have a rather strong bias towards Europe and kind of like seeing them do well and put it to the ole USA.

It wasn't what you asked but as others pointed out Jayson himself wouldn't want to change because he feels more loyalty with and identifies much more with Europe than he does the USA, and he of course also likes getting the extra money that comes with being on the winning team.

My personal opinion is that anyone that has a dual citizenship, and is actually living in one of the countries of their citizenship, should have to play for the country that they both have citizenship in as well as reside in the majority of the time. Clearly you think that is the better country or else you wouldn't be living there, and as such that should be the tiebreaker that determines who you play for. At the very least it is the country that is currently offering the most benefit to your life, which still should be the tiebreaker that determines that you should have to play for them.

Then you have the completely unrelated issue that even if it were to happen SVB would quit the team immediately, and Jayson wouldn't gel well at all with much of the rest of the team...
To Shaw the USA is a usable entity, Not a fan here... Guy

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
For one thing why do we have five too their six, I don't even understand that... Also I think that our media can hurt us as bad as help us... I think you can think of six players that on a given time could hold their own... I think Earl could lead a team through competition, but would have to have complete control... we come from a world of look up to... Earl can still be an inspiration... I believe this is more that we can understand... Guy
Bottom line is, Nobody that likes their money is betting on anybody other than Shane from the USA in straight up play.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team USA hit lotto - the Europeans did NOT pick Fedor and Wiktor! Thank God.