Team Europe vs Team America

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ten Ball- Races to 20- Each team fields its best 5 players.

Who wins?

Who's on Team Europe?

Who's on Team America?

Your player selections should reflect the CURRENT best 10 ball players.


I think Europe wins.

Team Europe-Daz/Thorston/Shaw/Mika/Ralf

Team USA- SVB/JA/Dechaine/Shuff/Hatch
 
Be careful, you're soon going to get JB on here talking about the 5 pre-teen Chinese girls that just got their menstrual cycles synched that will come over and dominate Europe and North America.:D
 
Ten Ball- Races to 20- Each team fields its best 5 players.

Who wins?

Who's on Team Europe?

Who's on Team America?

Your player selections should reflect the CURRENT best 10 ball players.


I think Europe wins.

Team Europe-Daz/Thorston/Shaw/Mika/Ralf

Team USA- SVB/JA/Dechaine/Shuff/Hatch

If you are calling it Team Europe, then you should also call it team North America. This way we can use John Morra
 
Sounds pretty much like the last mosconi cup, which had the same picks for USA
and slightly different (and maybe weaker) picks for europe. And europe still won.

But that's a whole different format, with unique pressure and 9b instead of 10b.

Still, I like europe in your list. Daz/Toastie/Mika/Ralf are four guys who are all in the same tier.
All four have multiple world-class major titles... US open, world 10 ball, world 14.1, etc.
Excepting shaw, None of them can be said to play a full ball below the others.

In the USA, for whatever reason Hatch never quite made it to the highest tier...
lots of tour stop victories and some good mosconi cup performances, but no world titles (I think).
And dechaine and hatch, they're strong young players, are not at the same level as shane or johnny.
 
Is Pagulayan good enough for team North America?

PS why has nobody had the idea for a team tournament incorporating Asia with Europe and NA?
 
Sounds pretty much like the last mosconi cup, which had the same picks for USA
and slightly different (and maybe weaker) picks for europe. And europe still won.

But that's a whole different format, with unique pressure and 9b instead of 10b.

Still, I like europe in your list. Daz/Toastie/Mika/Ralf are four guys who are all in the same tier.
All four have multiple world-class major titles... US open, world 10 ball, world 14.1, etc.
Excepting shaw, None of them can be said to play a full ball below the others.

In the USA, for whatever reason Hatch never quite made it to the highest tier...
lots of tour stop victories and some good mosconi cup performances, but no world titles (I think).
And dechaine and hatch, they're strong young players, are not at the same level as shane or johnny.

Hatch has titles from when he was a young'n. I have Snap and National Billiards News, both print medias that are no longer in existence, with Dennis' picture plastered all over them. He went on the road with a family member from coast to coast and won many tournaments. He was put in the same circle as Johnny Archer at that time, both of them in their late teens and heralded as upcoming pool champions.

Johnny kept on with his pool career; whereas, Dennis did not.

Dennis came back to the pool scene and again went back on the road. In fact, one of those road trips was with Keith up in New England.

He hasn't been playing pool full-time, until very, very recently. He is recently venturing down a new path in his life, and according to him, he's never been happier.

When Dennis is happy, he plays good pool! I think we will be seeing the BEST of Dennis Hatch in this coming year. :cool:
 
In the USA, for whatever reason Hatch never quite made it to the highest tier...
.


In the late 90's Dennis H won couple camel tour 10 ball stops and finished # 2 for the year they had that tour behind busta.Winning one of those was like winning the uS open, same type fields.

At that time there was maybe only several players in the WORLD that would have a chance for the cash.
 
Maybe I underestimate dennis. I tend to give a lot of credit to the US open victories and such, but I guess some of those tour stops might have like ten worldbeaters to get through. Still, does USA not have 2 players who would be stronger than shuff/dechaine?

What about Corey? I know, everyone thinks he fell off the radar and is bored with pool.
But since this is all hypothetical anyway, corey when he was playing his best? Would mike's almost shane-like break make him the favorite despite corey's longer list of titles?
 
Hatch has titles from when he was a young'n. I have Snap and National Billiards News, both print medias that are no longer in existence, with Dennis' picture plastered all over them. He went on the road with a family member from coast to coast and won many tournaments. He was put in the same circle as Johnny Archer at that time, both of them in their late teens and heralded as upcoming pool champions.

Johnny kept on with his pool career; whereas, Dennis did not.

Dennis came back to the pool scene and again went back on the road. In fact, one of those road trips was with Keith up in New England.

He hasn't been playing pool full-time, until very, very recently. He is recently venturing down a new path in his life, and according to him, he's never been happier.

When Dennis is happy, he plays good pool! I think we will be seeing the BEST of Dennis Hatch in this coming year. :cool:
Hatch still aint playing fulltime!!! If he played fulltime and put his hours in every day he would be really dangerous.
 
Hatch still aint playing fulltime!!! If he played fulltime and put his hours in every day he would be really dangerous.

Well, I guess you haven't heard the latest news. I'll let you talk to Dennis, and then you can get back to me. ;)

He's playing full-time. :grin-square:
 
Back
Top