Team USA will not have Justin Bergman at Mosconi Cup

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer explained the reasoning why, and though I am a huge Justin Bergman fan, I understand. It's difficult being in her position and trying to keep the Mosconi Cup ship running smoothly.

Me personally, I'm afraid to fly in airplanes. I flew one time when I was a teenager and never again. I don't know if that's the case with Justin, but I think Emily Frazer is trying to lay all the cards on the table before the event so we can all pull in the same direction.

44.JPG

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer explained the reasoning why, and though I am a huge Justin Bergman fan, I understand. It's difficult being in her position and trying to keep the Mosconi Cup ship running smoothly.

Me personally, I'm afraid to fly in airplanes. I flew one time when I was a teenager and never again. I don't know if that's the case with Justin, but I think Emily Frazer is trying to lay all the cards on the table before the event so we can all pull in the same direction.

View attachment 608436

Well both sides are good with it sooooooo , great ! Who’s taking his place ?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well both sides are good with it sooooooo , great ! Who’s taking his place ?
I don't think they have made any selections yet, only the Filler is definitely in and Shane, since he's vice captain, is definitely in as a shooting vice captain. That's what I've gleaned so far at the time of this writing.

Scrunge19

Registered
Albin has already been announced by matchroom. They posted it on Instagram on the 17th. I’m not sure if Filler has been confirmed yet or not. That’s just a formality at this point though I’d have to think.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin has already been announced by matchroom. They posted it on Instagram on the 17th. I’m not sure if Filler has been confirmed yet or not. That’s just a formality at this point though I’d have to think.
I think you're right. I'm not sure where I read it about Filler, but Albin is a shoe-in for sure with his track record this year!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is he travelling even to american tournaments nowadays? such a talented player. if he's in a slump i hope he bounces back

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
I don't think they have made any selections yet, only the Filler is definitely in and Shane, since he's vice captain, is definitely in as a shooting vice captain. That's what I've gleaned so far at the time of this writing.
I thought Joey was going to be VC this year..

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Joey was going to be VC this year..
The decision to have Shane as vice captain was made a while ago. It was in the pool news everywhere, including this forum. You may have missed it.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure what benefit the vice captain is. The captain is important, I guess, as a coach, but does there really need to be a vice captain? I don't know. Maybe somebody here knows the answer better than me.

SlateMan

Registered
The decision to have Shane as vice captain was made a while ago. It was in the pool news everywhere, including this forum. You may have missed it.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure what benefit the vice captain is. The captain is important, I guess, as a coach, but does there really need to be a vice captain? I don't know. Maybe somebody here knows the answer better than me.
Our APA team had a vice captain. We also had a co-captain. The vice captain was much more fun! He was responsible for any vices our team had!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

View attachment 608436
Hard to argue with this. Emily usually makes perfect sense, and this time is no exception. I respect and understand Justin's choice and wish him well in all his pursuits at and away from the pool table.

Reactions: JAM

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
We need to make a few of these Filipinos, who have been terrorizing all the U.S. based tournaments for years, honorary U.S. citizens. That way we will have a chance to win the MC. Notice they don't bother with the Euro Tour. No money to be won over there.