The BeCue System - Carbon Composite Cue - Interview with the Cue Makers

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm taking my Becue on the road. If you would like to give it a try I will be at the M8 Tournament at Canterbury Park (Shakopee, Minnesota) March 10, 11 and 12 then in Schaumburg IL the 13th and 14th. To set an appointment to test drive the Hottest New Cue out there - TEXT or Email me at USA@BecueOfficial.com Alessandro Becue Bressan

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm taking my Becue on the road. If you would like to give it a try I will be at the M8 Tournament at Canterbury Park (Shakopee, Minnesota) March 10, 11 and 12 then in Schaumburg IL the 13th and 14th. To set an appointment to test drive the Hottest New Cue out there - TEXT or Email me at USA@BecueOfficial.com Alessandro Becue Bressan

if YOU MAKE it to White Diamonds in Lafayette, LA or New Orleans, I would love to try it.

Thanks,
JoeyA

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you come to Las Vegas let us know ... we can meet up at Griff's great new place ... would really like to hit a few with the BeCue !!

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey A I will be just North of Memphis on the 4th and 5th of April. And in North Alabama on the 7th through the 9th. And for anyone coming to Super Billiards Expo, I will be showing the cue there (Watch for the official announcement next week about Super Billiards Expo)

Ricky Bryant

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Joey A I will be just North of Memphis on the 4th and 5th of April. And in North Alabama on the 7th through the 9th. And for anyone coming to Super Billiards Expo, I will be showing the cue there (Watch for the official announcement next week about Super Billiards Expo)

Ricky Bryant

Thanks Ricky!

JoeyA

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am holding up on my review while I work with the cue and tweak it a bit. The good things exceed the negative in my opinion.

I will say it does not have the same kind of feedback as a wooden cue. Please understand that this cue is something entirely different than what we are used to, so it is difficult to describe. It's a cue made up of completely synthetic materials laminated around a mold and finished to appear like a conventional wooden pool cue. There are no lathes, no wood, no sanding. It is hollow throughout, filled with foam to deaden the sound and the shaft is painted.

That being said, the cue is extremely consistent in off center hits. As far as feel, this is the lowest variation on feedback from shot to shot I've experienced. An English shot feels and sounds pretty much like a center ball shot. Follow feels and sounds like draw and vice versa. The cue penetrates the space of the cue ball better than any cue I've played with. There is zero feeling of glancing off the cue ball yet it does not seem tip heavy. All this may sounds odd - but it's very odd to me as well. The feel or feedback will come from the visual results of the shot because all shots tend to feel the same. That being said, there are no big surprises either. It is the most what-you-shoot-is-what-you-get cue I've ever played with.

I'm no pro but I have a respectable Fargorate of 622. I'm looking to increase that. I believe this cue could help eliminate errors that stem from cue inconsistencies and limitations. I can tell you already that there are some position shots I am comfortable with that I don't like to play with my current LD shaft.

Thanks for the information .. I look forward to reading your future evaluations.

I am nearly ready to pull the trigger on this cue without ever having seen one .. I am very impressed by the thinking and advanced material construction.

However I have never played with a conical shaft - I am an American pool player with a long bridge and stroke. The BeCue people have told me that they expect to have a pro taper shaft by the end of this year. I guess owning one of the original shafts makes sense and I may get one anyway, even if it makes me an old dog learning new tricks.

Glad you are happy with the new cue.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit some balls with my friend's Becue today and it plays way better than the REVO, in my opinion.

It hits solid and moves the cue ball extremely well.

I like the white shaft much better than the black on the REVO.

It plays extremely quiet.

There is no vibration, that I felt, even when you hit the cue ball at the extreme edges.

I would like to spend some time playing with this cue to see how it performs during every type of shot.

I didn't really test it's deflection...I was only testing the hit, feel, and balance and it felt good in all those categories.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit some balls with my friend's Becue today and it plays way better than the REVO, in my opinion.

It hits solid and moves the cue ball extremely well.

I like the white shaft much better than the black on the REVO.

It plays extremely quiet.

There is no vibration, that I felt, even when you hit the cue ball at the extreme edges.

I would like to spend some time playing with this cue to see how it performs during every type of shot.

I didn't really test it's deflection...I was only testing the hit, feel, and balance and it felt good in all those categories.

This is a very qualified endorsement from you, sir.
Your pool playing years and experience is very respected by myself and others on this forum, and I understand you usually play with larger diameter shafts. For you to give your stamp of approval on the initial test with a BeCue that is smaller diameter, means that they have been able to replicate the solid hit of a larger shaft with a synthetic material smaller diameter shaft.

This is quite an accomplishment.

And your initial comments highlight this engineering feat by the BeCue guys. I have continued to play with the BeCue and I can tell you it only gets better over time. I made a commitment to log a hundred hours of table time with it and see where it takes me. So far I'm extremely satisfied.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just pulled the trigger ... My BeCue is on the way.

Thanks to all the members who have elaborated here on this new cue.

I just want to say that Alessandro is a pleasure to deal with - If you are interested in taking advantage of this early opportunity to get a BeCue send him an email.

I promise that you will not be disappointed with the pricing.

This could be the original of what becomes an industry standard of high performance cues made with exceptionally stable materials.

Already I am having fun and it's not even here yet ... lol

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am holding up on my review while I work with the cue and tweak it a bit. The good things exceed the negative in my opinion.

I will say it does not have the same kind of feedback as a wooden cue. Please understand that this cue is something entirely different than what we are used to, so it is difficult to describe. It's a cue made up of completely synthetic materials laminated around a mold and finished to appear like a conventional wooden pool cue. There are no lathes, no wood, no sanding. It is hollow throughout, filled with foam to deaden the sound and the shaft is painted.

That being said, the cue is extremely consistent in off center hits. As far as feel, this is the lowest variation on feedback from shot to shot I've experienced. An English shot feels and sounds pretty much like a center ball shot. Follow feels and sounds like draw and vice versa. The cue penetrates the space of the cue ball better than any cue I've played with. There is zero feeling of glancing off the cue ball yet it does not seem tip heavy. All this may sounds odd - but it's very odd to me as well. The feel or feedback will come from the visual results of the shot because all shots tend to feel the same. That being said, there are no big surprises either. It is the most what-you-shoot-is-what-you-get cue I've ever played with.

I'm no pro but I have a respectable Fargorate of 622. I'm looking to increase that. I believe this cue could help eliminate errors that stem from cue inconsistencies and limitations. I can tell you already that there are some position shots I am comfortable with that I don't like to play with my current LD shaft.

Funny thing is, I purposely avoided reading anyone's review until I tried the cue myself, in order to avoid preconceived notions or bias based on someone else's opinion.

So I tried the cue last night, and then came here to read what people said, to see if my experience was the same or at least similar....and what do you know....

This cue IS indeed very different, intriguingly solid and surprisingly quiet.
So far, I am impressed with the potential

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing is, I purposely avoided reading anyone's review until I tried the cue myself, in order to avoid preconceived notions or bias based on someone else's opinion.

So I tried the cue last night, and then came here to read what people said, to see if my experience was the same or at least similar....and what do you know....

This is cue IS indeed very different, intriguingly solid and surprisingly quiet.
So far, I am impressed with the potential

Added your review link to the collection of BeCue reviews from this and other threads in the first post.

Great discipline in not reading any reviews and going in cold.

I'd like to suggest getting Alessandro onto you're American Billiard Radio show. The science of the whole situation is really quite intriguing and the interview would be a learning experience.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BeCue on ABR

THIS WEEK: Are You Being Watched?

And if so, what effect does it have on your game? This week Melinda Bailey ponders the question of "TV table" pressure. Mark Cantrill and Ricky Bryant discuss the new Italian cue technology that is sweeping the pool world.

http://www.americanbilliardradio.com/

On ABR Thursday (March 16) I talk about the BeCue with Mark Cantrill and David Bond.

I will have the BeCue available at Super Billiards Expo for people to try. I will be working out of the Professor Cue Ball Boothe #761 If I'm out of the booth and you want to set a time to see the cue you can email or Text me at USA@BECUEOFFICIAL.COM

Also SBE Specials coming soon

Ricky Bryant

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cue of the Future and the Future is Now Becue come see it at Super Billiards Expo! Ricky Bryant (text or email) USA@BecueOfficial.com at Booth 673

Attachments

• 17492418_1124625694310473_5503995031551805435_o.jpg
    17492418_1124625694310473_5503995031551805435_o.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 496
  • 17492342_1124591740980535_6940549506787725765_o.jpg
    17492342_1124591740980535_6940549506787725765_o.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 496

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See the New Thread in the For Sale Section:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=449937

Hope to see everyone at Super Billiards Expo

Ricky Bryant

Link corrected 3/25/17

Super Billiards Expo Booth updated to #673 on 3/26/17

How's the expo going so far in both #673??

Can you post any photos and updates? Also, would love to see you snag a few pros who are down there and have them give the BeCue a tumble complete with their reviews.

Well done on your American billiards radio segment.
It was nice to listen to the discussion. Keep up the good work!

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I have not responded to the post about SBX but I'm still on the road. The SBX was a Good show and I want to apologize to anyone that didn't find the booth. The booth was moved 3 times prior to SBX to keep it close to the 3-Coushion event. I want to thank Professor Q Ball for allowing me to show the cue. I report and shoot pictures for the magazine.

I sold all the cues I had at the show plus some, well except my personal cues. I think that everyone that got to hit with it were impressed. I know Mary Carey was, because he bought one. He loves the hit and fell but is having to adjust to the 11.8 time since he is use to 12.75 or so. The cue has a very Solid hit and I never hear any ringing sounds or extreme vibrations. This is true even when shooting from the rail on driving down on the cue ball.

I have been granted the opportunity to offer the following specials:

First I want to say I'm sorry about the booth at SBX. The booth was moved 3 times before the show started. I have access to the booth because I report and shoot pictures for Professor Q Ball. He almost always has a 3-Coushion event at SBX and they were re-arranging us because of the table locations.

Second I feel we had a Good Show - Selling everything plus some and didn't have to let go of my personal cues :)

I do want to say that the cues on display had not had the tips shaped and trimmed, except for my shooting cue. (this addresses the comment about tips earlier)

One of the cues sales was to Mary Carey - He loves the hit and feel and is adjusting to the 11.8 tip since he usually shoots with 12.75 to 13 tip. Feel free to ask his opinion.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also I have be allowed to run a Special for this weekend:

EASTER WEEKEND BECUE SPECIAL
Until Midnight Sunday April 16th 2017
(The online web shop will open Monday with regular pricing)

$699 Naked Cue – regularly $849 (Saving $150)
$789 Sneaky Pete – regularly $1000 (Savings of $211)
$99 Leonardo (weight system) – regularly$127 (Saving $28)
$15 Joint Protectors – regularly $30 (Saving $15)
$399 cue case Pandora + shoulder strap – regularly$517 (Saving $118)

Send orders to USA@BecueOfficial.com Please include your full name, shipping address and phone number. Then watch your email for a PayPal invoice from the Becue plant.
THANKS AND GREAT SHOOTING!

Ricky Bryant
USA@BecueOfficial.com

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last 24 hours of becue specials!

This is the Last 24 hours of the Becue Easter special sales! The pricing is good until Midnight Sunday April 16 Eastern Time.

Ricky Bryant

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Special becue priceing extended through friday at midnight

There is a delay in getting the Becue store online and the Special pricing is extended through Midnight Friday, April 21st.

See the pricing on For Sale or PM me here or email me at USA@BecueOfficial.com

Ricky Bryant