The BeCue System - Carbon Composite Cue - Interview with the Cue Makers

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post #3,000 for myself....

With such a milestone, why not bump an old thread before SBX 2018....interview and info with the BeCue guys Alessandro and Michele.

Go give the BeCue a test run.
You won't be disappointed.

BeCue Facebook page has photos of the new Prestige series of the naked line....looks beautiful.

https://m.facebook.com/Becueofficial/

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoots good but fit and finish is not so great.

Would be a winner if they can improve on those aspects.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoots good but fit and finish is not so great.

Would be a winner if they can improve on those aspects.

The fit and finish on mine are perfect.

What was wrong with the fit and finish on the one you are talking about.

I played with mine for about 8 hours today and I don't think I could have used a cue made by anybody that would have played any better.

I love the consistency of the "hit". Everything feels like center ball.

The snow-white color of the shaft has "spoiled" me, too. After playing with it for the last several months, wooden shafts look "yellow", no matter how "white" they are. Also, the grain, no matter how straight, in the wooden shafts makes them look "wavy" when I aim down them.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I recently hit a few balls with a Becue and that "snow-white" colored shaft is like looking down a laser.

JoeyA

The fit and finish on mine are perfect.

What was wrong with the fit and finish on the one you are talking about.

I played with mine for about 8 hours today and I don't think I could have used a cue made by anybody that would have played any better.

I love the consistency of the "hit". Everything feels like center ball.

The snow-white color of the shaft has "spoiled" me, too. After playing with it for the last several months, wooden shafts look "yellow", no matter how "white" they are. Also, the grain, no matter how straight, in the wooden shafts makes them look "wavy" when I aim down them.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added reviews from 3 more AZ members to the main page list.....
gregnice37
jrctherake
BmoreMoney

Also started a video list on the main post for videos of BeCue being used either in practice or match play. Ill update this as more become available.

Highlights from the SBE were the BeCue guys are now selling shafts on their own(no butt and special joint needed) and with a unilock pin for anyone not wanting to wait for backordered Revo shafts and are curious about high end carbon composite pool technology.

Remember, these guys will work with you to get you what you need...31"'shafts, different diameters, different joints? They don't believe you should have to change your game to the equipment....the equipment should be changed to fit you. It's all possible with the small start-up company from Italy.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added reviews from 3 more AZ members to the main page list.....
gregnice37
jrctherake
BmoreMoney

Also started a video list on the main post for videos of BeCue being used either in practice or match play. Ill update this as more become available.

Highlights from the SBE were the BeCue guys are now selling shafts on their own(no butt and special joint needed) and with a unilock pin for anyone not wanting to wait for backordered Revo shafts and are curious about high end carbon composite pool technology.

Remember, these guys will work with you to get you what you need...31"'shafts, different diameters, different joints? They don't believe you should have to change your game to the equipment....the equipment should be changed to fit you. It's all possible with the small start-up company from Italy.

Im used to my diameter of my predator 314-2 of approx 12.7 - 12.75 .

Wld they do 12.75mm shaft on a 5-16/14 joint ?
I wld prefer to stick to 29 inch if possible

Thanks

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently hit a few balls with a Becue and that "snow-white" colored shaft is like looking down a laser.

JoeyA

I think remember you commenting that you were a die hard lover for the revo shafts.

After u tried be-cue , which do you prefer ?
What was the difference ?

You could pm me your opinions if you mind sharing it here.

Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Thabms

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im used to my diameter of my predator 314-2 of approx 12.7 - 12.75 .

Wld they do 12.75mm shaft on a 5-16/14 joint ?
I wld prefer to stick to 29 inch if possible

Thanks

I think they have, or are working on, a 12.5mm pro taper shaft. I think they also will have one that fits the universal joint.

Other than that, you may have to buy the "blank" with no joint pin and have a custom cue maker, or repair man, fabricate the joint of your liking.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they have, or are working on, a 12.5mm pro taper shaft. I think they also will have one that fits the universal joint.

Other than that, you may have to buy the "blank" with no joint pin and have a custom cue maker, or repair man, fabricate the joint of your liking.

Yes, 12.5mm is in the works and should be available very soon ;)

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, 12.5mm is in the works and should be available very soon ;)

Yes the 12.5mm shooting shaft is available as a special order. The 12.5 has the same pro taper as the Prime shaft.

Yes the Prime 12mm with Uni-Loc joint was released at Super Billiards this year.

Contact me for special pricing and show specials available until May 1. Pricing can not be posted on the Internet but I can quote direct to customers or by phone 574-320-2438

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luca Nicoletti sinking the final 9 ball with BeCue to be the overall Italian champion of the current season....

https://youtu.be/vF_UVIiBJh4

Top 10 reasons to buy BeCue video....

https://youtu.be/8WQO0JSUBH4

Ever since I bought the Becue, I have just about quit looking at other cues on the forums, etc. I like art, but for a playing cue I prefer something that performs for me and looks don't matter. For me, the Becue is serving that purpose.

I have some nice cues, customs and production cues, but every one of them has remained in the closet since I started shooting with the Becue. IMHO, I think the Becue plays as well as any cue made, and the hit is so consistent that it is hard to switch back to something else.

The only thing I would like to experiment with now is their 12.5mm shaft. I have the 11.8mm conical one and the 12mm pro taper one. I've always preferred a thicker shaft, just because that is what I played with for decades with a closed bridge, so I'd like to try it just for bridge feel. I'm used to the 12mm now, so it may feel a bit weird going up a notch, but I would like to check it out.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think remember you commenting that you were a die hard lover for the revo shafts.

Thabms
Was there an answer?

Julian

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Sorry, just saw your post from April. Currently, I prefer my 12.0mm REVO but I am always interested in learning more about other cues and shafts.

Every shaft/cue has it's own pros and cons and I am starting to believe that it is more difficult to shoot a straight in shot with a narrower shaft as compared to a larger diameter shaft. May be just my imagination. Also, I am still believing that it is easier to cut balls/sight the cut shot with a smaller diameter shaft.

Just one adventure after another, but I enjoy it so wth. :smile:

JoeyA

Thabms

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, just saw your post from April. Currently, I prefer my 12.0mm REVO but I am always interested in learning more about other cues and shafts.

Every shaft/cue has it's own pros and cons and I am starting to believe that it is more difficult to shoot a straight in shot with a narrower shaft as compared to a larger diameter shaft. May be just my imagination. Also, I am still believing that it is easier to cut balls/sight the cut shot with a smaller diameter shaft.

Just one adventure after another, but I enjoy it so wth. :smile:

JoeyA

One of the best players (you could call him a pro) at the place I play has a large diameter tip on his small diameter cue, looks weird like a badly mushroomed tip. Says he likes it this way, and his results show he may be on to something.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best players (you could call him a pro) at the place I play has a large diameter tip on his small diameter cue, looks weird like a badly mushroomed tip. Says he likes it this way, and his results show he may be on to something.

This sounds like a fellow I used to know that played out of Goodtimes in Somerville MA.

Think his name was John...

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally pushed myself to do some tests with both Prime-M 12.0 and 12.5 and in the end i decided to stay with Prime-M 12.5,i got little more confidence when potting longer shots with that one. Here are two vids, first one is deflection comparison between Revo 12.9 and Becue 12.5,the second one is a neat drawshot with Becue 12.5 :) enjoy ;)
https://youtu.be/lUwHoKU1lAU
https://youtu.be/wr73BzoC84k

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sounds like a fellow I used to know that played out of Goodtimes in Somerville MA.

Think his name was John...

I was talking about Coz at RedShoes in Alsip, Illinois.

When will BeCue come out with the mushroom tip option? Gotta have it!