The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well here is some wisdom Gene, you can only help people who actually are willing to put the effort into something to be better at it. Just because a person takes a lesson, reads a book on a subject, does not guarantee improvement. Effort='s chance of improvement. Only CHANCE!

Friend makes a good amount of his incoming inventing things, there are many products he has taken the basic idea what the product does, reengineed, tweeked, and made more efficient, easier to use, and his product does better job in end, with better end result.

Tough part once product is "perfect", and he admits not is perfect, is getting people to spend the cash for it, he has been sucessful mostly with word of mouth advertising. One invention was made for self, as he had problem, his friends saw what he had done to resolve problem, and said I want one. Simple idea turn to money maker sort of.

A far as Pool 2020 everyone who wants to be great, or better, should be, because of the information available in 2020. DVD's, Instructors, CD's, Books, U-Tube, etc. Not like 1960's when no one who was good. At Pool or great sold or gave in info freely.

Those who want to pay dues, put in time, practice, and learn, can be better. Not a guarantee, can? Those who talk only about being better, do nothing to that end. Still do not improve.

Also some people have Heath problem, physical limitation, or do not have it between ears to win, or become better. Pool is not about competition for them, it could just be fun with friends, or a time killer - entertainment like watching TV.

So if anyone would like to dispute the few facts, go for it I am like a Basset Hound all ears.

BTW I have noting for sale to improve your Pool game, so my advise & observations was for FREE, for you to think on or not.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point is I am not selling anything, just making an observation, on something I saw, viewed several times, and found no wow factor. The reason I watch the DVD several times is the same reason I reread things I find good.

I understand if you read a book cover to cover 3 or more times, you get more out of it, then only once.

I find the same thing with movie I like, I seem to see things the second or third view, I would have missed if I only watch once.

We all have opinions, I have mine, your have your. Who is 110% right I do not know, but you are free to express your, and me mine.

Point is I am not selling anything, just making an observation, on something I saw, viewed several times, and found no wow factor. The reason I watch the DVD several times is the same reason I reread things I find good.

I understand if you read a book cover to cover 3 or more times, you get more out of it, then only once.

I find the same thing with movie I like, I seem to see things the second or third view, I would have missed if I only watch once.

We all have opinions, I have mine, your have your. Who is 110% right I do not know, but you are free to express your, and me mine.
So you read books 3 times to understand all the little stuff. How many times do we have to read your opinion in this thread? It's 42 pages long and your same old same old opinion has been posted what, 90 some times. That's an obsession not an opinion. Leave Gene alone, he has plenty of testimonials that his info is solid and as to how good of a person he is.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
So you read books 3 times to understand all the little stuff. How many times do we have to read your opinion in this thread? It's 42 pages long and your same old same old opinion has been posted what, 90 some times. That's an obsession not an opinion. Leave Gene alone, he has plenty of testimonials that his info is solid and as to how good of a person he is.

Nice seeing you post again.

Funny how Coco has no issue going after Geno relentlessly, even tho he has no skin in that game, but he gets all bent out of shape when people are upset about the deceptive tactics surrounding the Jackpot cue fiasco...where he tells people who haven't bought one that it isn't any of their business and shouldn't be upset about it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

No as I said I tend to read, reread, because I know you miss things first time through. Save with movie I like. Open Water was only one time, the trailer was the movies, the movie was just AWEFUL.

Ever hear of mussel memory, it have you build it repeating same thing over & over again & again. Driving the same car for 5 years, you get use to where controls are, and doing something is second nature. Get new for you Car, you need to build your mussel memory again.

This tread belong in Wanted For Sale, as Gene is selling lessons. Scott Lee don't pull this BS, or the other instructors here on AZ B. Geno must be special case?

Maybe people should offer their tallent for sale on Main Forum. Think that would kill AZB more the NPR has. JMHO. <<<<<-----part about talented for sale on mail forum was JOKE. Thought I better clarify for Nuckleheads.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This tread belong in Wanted For Sale, as Gene is selling lessons. Scott Lee don't pull this BS, or the other instructors here on AZ B. Geno must be special case?

Maybe people should offer their tallent for sale on Main Forum. Think that would kill AZB more the NPR has. JMHO. <<<<<-----part about talented for sale on mail forum was JOKE. Thought I better clarify for Nuckleheads.
That's for the mods to decide not you. Personally these forums are better off with Gene then without IMO. After all he has given out numerous FREE LESSONS. This forum suffers because you and others throughout the years have chosen to run off valuable posters ( pro's and instructors) with your constant badgering

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
No as I said I tend to read, reread, because I know you miss things first time through. Save with movie I like. Open Water was only one time, the trailer was the movies, the movie was just AWEFUL.

Ever hear of mussel memory, it have you build it repeating same thing over & over again & again. Driving the same car for 5 years, you get use to where controls are, and doing something is second nature. Get new for you Car, you need to build your mussel memory again.

Well thank you for looking out for the rest of us over and over and over and over and over and over..... How many more times you do think you need to remind us of your point of view? There are 826 posts on this thread and you've probably made over a tenth of them, while added nothing to this thread, incredible.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

I promise I'm not trolling you in at least this reply. If you didn't see what the "secret" was, you either do it already or you missed something. It really is there, and it really is worth learning or reinforcing if you already know it. Maybe ask your friend to borrow it again or pay for a skype lesson with Gene. Money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

boogieman

Well here is some wisdom Gene, you can only help people who actually are willing to put the effort into something to be better at it. Just because a person takes a lesson, reads a book on a subject, does not guarantee improvement. Effort='s chance of improvement. Only CHANCE!

Friend makes a good amount of his incoming inventing things, there are many products he has taken the basic idea what the product does, reengineed, tweeked, and made more efficient, easier to use, and his product does better job in end, with better end result.

Tough part once product is "perfect", and he admits not is perfect, is getting people to spend the cash for it, he has been sucessful mostly with word of mouth advertising. One invention was made for self, as he had problem, his friends saw what he had done to resolve problem, and said I want one. Simple idea turn to money maker sort of.

A far as Pool 2020 everyone who wants to be great, or better, should be, because of the information available in 2020. DVD's, Instructors, CD's, Books, U-Tube, etc. Not like 1960's when no one who was good. At Pool or great sold or gave in info freely.

Those who want to pay dues, put in time, practice, and learn, can be better. Not a guarantee, can? Those who talk only about being better, do nothing to that end. Still do not improve.

Also some people have Heath problem, physical limitation, or do not have it between ears to win, or become better. Pool is not about competition for them, it could just be fun with friends, or a time killer - entertainment like watching TV.

So if anyone would like to dispute the few facts, go for it I am like a Basset Hound all ears.

BTW I have noting for sale to improve your Pool game, so my advise & observations was for FREE, for you to think on or not.
CocoboloCowboy if He Decided to do One Push Up
Everytime He Thought About Discrediting Perfect Aim

cowboy.jpg

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good One Boogieman, I'll be taking a little break from AZ for now. I have some complications from covid 19 I need to address. Had trouble for about a week now. Good Luck to everyone else out there. Get the vaccine and help slow this disaster down a little.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Good One Boogieman, I'll be taking a little break from AZ for now. I have some complications from covid 19 I need to address. Had trouble for about a week now. Good Luck to everyone else out there. Get the vaccine and help slow this disaster down a little.
Be well, Geno...

boogieman

Take care of yourself and get well soon!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played for a few hours yesterday and I knew something was wrong immediately. I never took the time to figure out exactly what, but I know it had to do with my stance and visual perception. Playing on a super-fast table didn’t help, either. I was having to bunt balls to keep the cue ball from traveling multiple rails. The rails were extremely bouncy.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Betcha it is having too many coaches or instructors or people/pals offering advice.
Unless the person can run the table and do it often, don’t listen to them too much.
Instead, locate one person to train or practice with or take lessons from but make
sure you not only admire their playing skills but mentally connect on a 1 on 1 basis.
Just because you are a great player doesn’t mean you would not be a terrible instructor.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Betcha it is having too many coaches or instructors or people/pals offering advice.
Unless the person can run the table and do it often, don’t listen to them too much.
Instead, locate one person to train or practice with or take lessons from but make
sure you not only admire their playing skills but mentally connect on a 1 on 1 basis.
Just because you are a great player doesn’t mean you would not be a terrible instructor.
You said a mouthful there for sure and spot on. Good players don't just automatically make good instructors. Teachers that teach but never played at a higher level have their limits as far as how far they can take you. A good instructor needs to have the ability to connect with all the students he/she teaches. The teacher also has to make very clear the benefit of what they are teaching.

Having said this, Merry Christmas everyone and soon a whole New , absolutely new, New Year. 2021. Prayers sent to all that have gotten the virus and the ones that will. Prayers sent to all the people that are having hardships as a result of this pandemic. It is going to get better real soon.....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy New Year Jim and everyone else, I took a trip over to Appleton, Wisconsin to do some lessons. Ended up doing about 6. Need to head down to Sussex Bowl towards Milwaukee, got a few to do there. It seems I can do only one lesson a day. They take about 4 hours each. That Covid recovery has the energy sucked right out of me. I did 2 lessons today and could hardly get in the car and get back to the room. Legs cramped up real bad and could hardly walk later. Oh well, hopefully it will get better. I just need to keep pushing it.. Get plenty of sleep. My oximeter says my oxygen level is back up pretty good. It's been around 91 to 93 for awhile, just got up to 94 to 97 which is considered normal. During the covid it was around 89 to 90 most of the time. Not fun. Good news is I can't get it again but the vaccine is the way to go. You don't want to get this crap anyone. The side effects so far for me are way worse than any vaccine side effects could be. Plus your taking a chance on dying when you don't have to by getting this virus. If you don't get a vaccine and you are a little older, 50 and get the covid you would wish you would have gotten the vaccine.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don´t push your luck Gene.
It maybe can be dangerous still...
Many European countries have mutated Covid cases... Be careful and be safe.