The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I get your point sort of about the Mexican Joint, the Tacos were great, the Burrito was not too your liking. But I am sure they sold Burritos to the customer who love em. That is why they are still in business, and selling Burritos.

Will say it again, I got to view the DVD, was loaned to me, thank goodness I did not shell out for it, did watch start to finish couple of times, returned to owner, and said did nothing exciting for me.

If you what to talk about something that I play with that is "Aiming", it John Barton work with explaining, demonstrating, and teaching CTE. I think that is a cool method.

But I can show you how to aim a .308, or 30-06 rifle with scope, put a target out at 200 yards, and most people can not get good group on first five shots. Even if the rifle just shot a very tight group. Because they need to learn more then were to aim, they need to learning to be still, breath correctly, squeeze the trigger, not JurkeyJerky trigger, compensate for wind, bullet weight, humidity, and maybe 8 or 10 little things to shoot a nice group size of Silver Dollar.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one question? Who charges more than 300$ on one to one lesson? If you "just" charge 300$. Just curious. I doubt anyone takes that kinda money on Europe anywhere. I got couple European top snooker coach/pool instructor lessons around 2005 and they took 100-150 back then. I think i did not get enough from that prize but maybe.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have one question? Who charges more than 300$ on one to one lesson? If you "just" charge 300$. Just curious. I doubt anyone takes that kinda money on Europe anywhere. I got couple European top snooker coach/pool instructor lessons around 2005 and they took 100-150 back then. I think i did not get enough from that prize but maybe.

I have hear Jerry Brieseth does charge over $250.00/personal one on one lesson. They go about 4 hours. But that Jerry is like the instructor, instructor. top of the pile if you get my digit.

He also sells his basic Pool Instructional many places under $20.00. Good basis foundation material, no secrets, or BS hype. Just basic Pool instruction.

There is no one reason Players do not get better, the reasons' sare like stars in sky. Many Many. NO MAGIC PILLS for sale, no magic answer, unless you believe BS Artists. Like some guy selling Cars for a living, scum of earth, people with no Intregrity. Become Car salesmen and saleswomen.

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the biggest reason lower level players struggle is tip impact inconsistency due to rotation of their shoulder during the stroke (elbow drop, etc) and not setting their tip close enough on their setup.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think the biggest reason lower level players struggle is tip impact inconsistency due to rotation of their shoulder during the stroke (elbow drop, etc) and not setting their tip close enough on their setup.

Bingo, you got a reason "some" don't improve.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bingo, you got a reason "some" don't improve.
I still struggle with this every now and then until I remember and fix it, especially under pressure. And I even invented an entire product to help with this. It is just a difficult unnatural movement to master... But is worth it when you do!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
People learn from style of trading military does. Practice same dumb thing until it is natural.

SWAT teams do the same thing in training, practice until it is second nature.

Everyone move like gears in watch, always same. So you do your job, team mates do theirs, so you know back is covered. No reason to look back.

Nothing magic time & practice, reason SWAT works well, like Military Specal Ops. Practice, practice, practice.

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
People learn from style of trading military does. Practice same dumb thing until it is natural.

SWAT teams do the same thing in training, practice until it is second nature.

Everyone move like gears in watch, alway same. So you do your job, team mates do theirs, so you know back is covered. No reason to look back.
I’d imagine good eyesight or current prescription lense would be crucial to the swat team so the team members eyes were right. Don’t want to kick a toddler instead of a door. Gene is like the eye doctor who makes the corrective lenses for the swat team members. It’s much harder to practice if you aren’t seeing right.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I’d imagine good eyesight or current prescription lense would be crucial to the swat team so the team members eyes were right. Don’t want to kick a toddler instead of a door. Gene is like the eye doctor who makes the corrective lenses for the swat team members. It’s much harder to practice if you aren’t seeing right.

My point about practicing is it become second nature, if you do thing many times.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I know but I gotta keep you on your toes! :)

Well I expect if you look at Geno's Resume some place is listed used, or new car sales person. Have met many who when to same school, of car selling. Alway have problems answer simple questions.

Like to say what if, my reply is what can you do? Then there is silence, and I go into exit mode. If is nothing, can is a word they hate.

Hate dealing with high pressure salesmen, who all talk the same, act the same, seem to all have little product knowledge, and are not very professional at much. The tell is how professional they are is when they ask for contact info, I ask for their business card, 99% don't have. No card, no info.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have hear Jerry Brieseth does charge over $250.00/personal one on one lesson. They go about 4 hours. But that Jerry is like the instructor, instructor. top of the pile if you get my digit.

He also sells his basic Pool Instructional many places under $20.00. Good basis foundation material, no secrets, or BS hype. Just basic Pool instruction.

There is no one reason Players do not get better, the reasons' sare like stars in sky. Many Many. NO MAGIC PILLS for sale, no magic answer, unless you believe BS Artists. Like some guy selling Cars for a living, scum of earth, people with no Intregrity. Become Car salesmen and saleswomen.
okay. but that is still cheaper than "just 300"...

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gene, I applaud you my friend. For over a decade now people have persecuted you. Oh, they have the right to their voice. And it is totally fair for them to be skeptical. There is so much information on pool online it's hard to believe anyone could have anything to offer beyond that. I truly believe they mean well in protecting others from disappointment and in trying to keep predatory sales people away.

But I know Gene well. This man has played pro level pool for nearly 50 years, has taught for at least 20, and he has one area that he has specialized in. Is it that hard to believe that he might be of value to players who struggle to get set up and sight shots consistently?

Obviously the answer is yes. Some people will refuse to be open minded to anything other than what is already mainstream and has been preached for a century already.

You though Gene, you don't let this bother you. You just let it be water off a duck's back. And these guys are just keeping your thread front and center for those who might not know who you are and what you do. Really impressive my friend. By not getting bulldozed into silence you have won. You'll never win everyone over, but you get to keep making a difference to those who make the leap. That is heart.

I really appreciate you being in MN and am lucky to have had the chance to train and spar with you. I've played many top flight champions and you are one of the fiercest competitors I've ever got in the ring with. I remember a session where we played sets on a super tight 9' Diamond and you sliced and popped in everything from everywhere for hours and ran me over. I remember the off angled cross table combination you made on me in Wisconsin to get to the finals of the 9 ball tournament a few years ago. You've shown me how to do it and you've proven it works. All I can say is thank you for hanging in there through it all. Maybe you'll be like a famous artist not appreciated in his own time. Keep going my man. I'll be in touch to set up another sparring session soon.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are some Geneo Vedeo on Ytube and I get down, chin on the barrel and he shoots more old school, head way above the stick. I can't see that his eye alignment tricks would be compatible with anything I'm doing much less improve it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think you just copied that from an old reply you made about me a few years back.(y):coffee::unsure::unsure::unsure:.
Maybe I am just am consistant in my thinking, and nothing has convinced me to get excited about some system I personally see no merit in. Like I said when your on Shark Tank let us know Gene, would like to see you sell the Sharks on investing in your idea.

Like I said I did get excited about John Barton's U-Tubes on CTE, Aka JBCases, for those who want to see something I liked.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene, I applaud you my friend. For over a decade now people have persecuted you. Oh, they have the right to their voice. And it is totally fair for them to be skeptical. There is so much information on pool online it's hard to believe anyone could have anything to offer beyond that. I truly believe they mean well in protecting others from disappointment and in trying to keep predatory sales people away.

But I know Gene well. This man has played pro level pool for nearly 50 years, has taught for at least 20, and he has one area that he has specialized in. Is it that hard to believe that he might be of value to players who struggle to get set up and sight shots consistently?

Obviously the answer is yes. Some people will refuse to be open minded to anything other than what is already mainstream and has been preached for a century already.

You though Gene, you don't let this bother you. You just let it be water off a duck's back. And these guys are just keeping your thread front and center for those who might not know who you are and what you do. Really impressive my friend. By not getting bulldozed into silence you have won. You'll never win everyone over, but you get to keep making a difference to those who make the leap. That is heart.

I really appreciate you being in MN and am lucky to have had the chance to train and spar with you. I've played many top flight champions and you are one of the fiercest competitors I've ever got in the ring with. I remember a session where we played sets on a super tight 9' Diamond and you sliced and popped in everything from everywhere for hours and ran me over. I remember the off angled cross table combination you made on me in Wisconsin to get to the finals of the 9 ball tournament a few years ago. You've shown me how to do it and you've proven it works. All I can say is thank you for hanging in there through it all. Maybe you'll be like a famous artist not appreciated in his own time. Keep going my man. I'll be in touch to set up another sparring session soon.
Thank you Tin Man, Coming from a player/teacher like yourself this says it all.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I expect if you look at Geno's Resume some place is listed used, or new car sales person. Have met many who when to same school, of car selling. Alway have problems answer simple questions.

Like to say what if, my reply is what can you do? Then there is silence, and I go into exit mode. If is nothing, can is a word they hate.

Hate dealing with high pressure salesmen, who all talk the same, act the same, seem to all have little product knowledge, and are not very professional at much. The tell is how professional they are is when they ask for contact info, I ask for their business card, 99% don't have. No card, no info.
But it seems like you are the one trying very very hard to sell your opinion on here. Look in the mirror

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
But it seems like you are the one trying very very hard to sell your opinion on here. Look in the mirror

Point is I am not selling anything, just making an observation, on something I saw, viewed several times, and found no wow factor. The reason I watch the DVD several times is the same reason I reread things I find good.

I understand if you read a book cover to cover 3 or more times, you get more out of it, then only once.

I find the same thing with movie I like, I seem to see things the second or third view, I would have missed if I only watch once.

We all have opinions, I have mine, your have your. Who is 110% right I do not know, but you are free to express your, and me mine.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Cookieman. No matter what you say on here he has a reply. I'd like to stay on here and help people but I'm really sick of this. Think this is all he has to do. Feel kind of bad for him. Got better things to do like help people play the best pool of their lives.