The Black widow Experience at the Windy City Open!

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
The Black widow Experience at the Windy City Open!


Want a true Black Widow Experience?



Want to play challenge matches and master the tricks of the Black Widow? Have lunch with her?



From January 2nd – January 4th, 2007, Jeanette “The Black Widow” Lee will host her 2nd annual Black Widow Experience at the Windy City Open www.WindyCityOpen.net in Chicago, IL.



The Experience will provide personal instruction from The Black Widow herself as well as top professionals, George Breedlove, Mark Wilson, and Jerry Briesath.



This year it’s more affordable than ever because, rather than a casino in Vegas, it’s at the “Windy City Open” where there are already more than enough tables and affordable lodging to keep the cost down and open competitive events to keep having fun all week long.



The holiday gift that keeps on giving, all attendants will improve their billiard game, get a one-on-one challenge and goody bag of autographed memorabilia and have a lifetime of memories from learning and playing with The Black Widow and her team of experts



For details and pricing information contact, Eydie Romano at windycityopen@aol.com or call 630-244-2900

Also, ask about our specialty classes……

Limited space available, book your class today before it sells out!
 
Shameless plug from Betmore - damn, it sounds like an advertisement.

Just a note from someone who has participated in one of these "Experiences" in the past (obviously I have no vested interest in the event itself - but I am definitely NOT impartial:) ).

Spending 3 days with these people is truly an event to remember; and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is serious about improving their pool game (and of course, has the requisite cash). The Experience is half boot camp; half fantasy camp - with all the benefits of both.

Mark and Jerry are simply 2 of the best instructors in the world. They have knowledge, teaching ability, and an infectious enthusiasm you are sure to catch. The opportunity to spend 3 days with them at this event is WELL worth the money (IMO). If you work hard, I can guarantee your skills will improve (I've been working sporadically with these guys for 2 years, and my game is improving by leaps and bounds - I could NEVER have done it without their assistance)

You will find that Jeanette is a true student of the game; and is committed to providing the best possible instruction; you will definitely enjoy hanging out with her and George (who is, by the way, a monster player; and will try to communicate to you what it takes to be a road player - and if you are nice maybe show you a few racking secrets:) ).

In any case, anyone considering doing this; feel free to contact me - I would be happy to share my thoughts; answer any questions; or put you in touch with the organizers. Many thanks to Eydie for promoting this event.

P.S. - PLEASE do not tell breakup about this event (we know he can't read; he TOTALLY wasted those 3 years in 3rd grade). If he participated he might actually provide some serious competition for me at the grudge match.
 
Williebetmore said:
... I've been working sporadically with these guys for 2 years, ...

Geeze Willie there goes your vocabulary again, the word is "spastically"
 
Williebetmore said:
Just a note from someone who has participated in one of these "Experiences" in the past (obviously I have no vested interest in the event itself - but I am definitely NOT impartial:) ).

Spending 3 days with these people is truly an event to remember; and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is serious about improving their pool game (and of course, has the requisite cash). The Experience is half boot camp; half fantasy camp - with all the benefits of both.

Mark and Jerry are simply 2 of the best instructors in the world. They have knowledge, teaching ability, and an infectious enthusiasm you are sure to catch. The opportunity to spend 3 days with them at this event is WELL worth the money (IMO). If you work hard, I can guarantee your skills will improve (I've been working sporadically with these guys for 2 years, and my game is improving by leaps and bounds - I could NEVER have done it without their assistance)

You will find that Jeanette is a true student of the game; and is committed to providing the best possible instruction; you will definitely enjoy hanging out with her and George (who is, by the way, a monster player; and will try to communicate to you what it takes to be a road player - and if you are nice maybe show you a few racking secrets:) ).

In any case, anyone considering doing this; feel free to contact me - I would be happy to share my thoughts; answer any questions; or put you in touch with the organizers. Many thanks to Eydie for promoting this event.

P.S. - PLEASE do not tell breakup about this event (we know he can't read; he TOTALLY wasted those 3 years in 3rd grade). If he participated he might actually provide some serious competition for me at the grudge match.


This was so nice of you to post!

Jeanette has been absolutely wonderful to me and to this event. I had 6 emails on her school this morning.:)
 
Good for you, Eydie.

Jeanette and the others are not just great personalities and great instructors, they are among the greatest living ambassadors for our sport.

To anyone considering attending, you'll be bowled over by Jeanette's skill and electric personality, you'll be overwhelmed by how knowledgeable, patient and enthusiastic these instructors are, and the passion for the game that all of them share will rub off on you. By the way, this advice is meant for those that actually get days off from work......I can't even remember my last vacation day!
 
I was able to participate in one of these events, and all I can say is it changed the way I look at the game completely.

Jerry Briesath is one of the best teachers of anything I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. It is amazing how easily he tailors his instruction to the level of the player he is teaching, everyone learns something.

Mark Wilson is from the same mold and has some fantastic pool stories to go along with great instruction.

George Breedlove is a true road warrior and fiercely competitive guy that is also down to earth and comes with the best road stories and hard won experience. Cool guy.

If you haven't met Jeanette your in for a treat. She is one of a kind and a true class act. Her spirit and drive really show when she teaches the game she still obviously loves.

I took this class with two friends and it is one of my favorite pool memories. I enjoy being around people who are passionate about what they do. This group is that and more, and it is contagious.

Great experience with great people. Highly recommended.
 
The response to the has been overwhelming,! We look forward to having this as a yearly addition to The Windy City Open!
 
More rumors

I've heard from a friend that this Black Widow Experience will be somewhere around HALF the price of the last event in Vegas - sounds like more thanks are due to Eydie for providing the support necessary to pull this off.

I am sorry to say I won't be participating (tied up with the DCC AZB room preparations), but I hope to hear from any AZB'er who attends. Surely someone can give us a report.
 
I too attended one (thanks again Willie) and would recommend it to anyone. I had previously worked with Jerry and Mark, so much of the information was things that had already been covered with me, but I still picked up some very helpfull information.

I mainly took the course to help broaden my mind with different approaches to teaching and it delivered more than I could have hoped for.

Not to mention just beeing around the group of players (both coaches and students) and talking pool was a great experience!

Woody
 
woody_968 said:
I too attended one (thanks again Willie) and would recommend it to anyone. I had previously worked with Jerry and Mark, so much of the information was things that had already been covered with me, but I still picked up some very helpfull information.

I mainly took the course to help broaden my mind with different approaches to teaching and it delivered more than I could have hoped for.

Not to mention just beeing around the group of players (both coaches and students) and talking pool was a great experience!

Woody

Wood-man,
I guess I neglected to mention that these events are not a bad place to have your game evaluated. If you are a highly skilled player, then these are the guys to go over your game (can you say "fine tooth comb"??) and pick up on some small areas in which improvement is possible.

There have been quite a few extremely prominent pro players who claim to have benefitted from a little tune-up with Mark or Jerry - perhaps the talented amateurs could benefit as well.

P.S. - you still have an open invitation to Betmore's Basement - invite yourself over sometime.
 
Black Widow Experience

I attended the Vegas version of the BWE and it was awesome. I learned a lot and met some great people; Jeanette, too. I wasn't sure if JL would just show up at the start, take some pictures, sign some stuff and then show up periodically; NOT!!!!!!!!! She was there every second, taught me how to jump the ball accurately in 10 minutes, and the other coaches added their own thoughts to improve my pathetic game; NOT!!!!

I had the opportunity to work on JL's husband's break and now he breaks almost as hard as i do; he and Jeanette were so grateful that George stopped breaking like a wimpy wristed old man, I was named:
THE BLACK WIDOW'S PET

Serioulsy folks, it is an adventure in fun and knowledge; I am playing in the DCC but may stop by and rack some balls for George to work on his break. John Rousseau aka, BWP, DaBabe, and The Collection Guru
 
Williebetmore said:
P.S. - you still have an open invitation to Betmore's Basement - invite yourself over sometime.

I still want to get over and play some with you, just trying to get my game up to a level that I can compete with the famous Williebetmore :)

Its getting close :D
 
woody_968 said:
I too attended one (thanks again Willie) and would recommend it to anyone. I had previously worked with Jerry and Mark, so much of the information was things that had already been covered with me, but I still picked up some very helpfull information.

I mainly took the course to help broaden my mind with different approaches to teaching and it delivered more than I could have hoped for.

Not to mention just beeing around the group of players (both coaches and students) and talking pool was a great experience!

Woody

I, too, attended the event that woody was at and would recommend it to anyone. Being able to have access to several instructors and to get to talk to people like Mark, Jerry, George, Jeanette, et al. was a really great experience.

My lack of skill should, however, not reflect poorly on the instructors. You should have seen how bad I was before I went!
 
zeeder said:
My lack of skill should, however, not reflect poorly on the instructors. You should have seen how bad I was before I went!

I dont care who you are, thats funny right there!

Well,,,, I guess it might not be funny if your zeeder :p
 
Black Widow

Having spent a few hours shooting pool with Jeanette I can say without reservation that you can't miss learning a great deal by doing the same. She is one of the most charming and knowledgeable people I have ever met, not to mention intuitive and smart and very easy on the eyes.
 
Back
Top