"The Decider" Earl Vs Shane Advance purchace BONUS!

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
We have had a great response so far for "The Decider" featuring a classic match up between Shane Vanboening and Earl Strickland. To be held at the Eagles16 lodge in
Helena, Montana on Friday August 2nd, Saturday August 3rd and Sunday August 4th.

As a result of fantastic response we feel the need to give some more info. As of right now all the VIP seats are sold out and we have a waiting list. The only seats available for the event will be general admission only and will be for sale at the event only, seating will be limited but we are working on that also. General admission will be just $25.00 per person that will gain entry to the event for all three days. The schedule of events will be as follows.

Friday 2nd - 8.00pm (EST) - 9-Ball race to 30

Saturday 3rd - 4.00pm (EST) - 8-Ball raceto 30

sunday 4th -4.00pm (EST) - 10-Ball race to30

Of course there can be only one winner of "The Decider" but each set wil be worth $1,500.00 to the winner so there will always be something to play for. Rules will follow as we get closer to the date.

We have a number of people who will be traveling from out of town and I have been asked for advice for hotel stays during the event. We have negotiated a great rate for that time of year in Helena with the Super 8 where the Legends and Champions crew will be staying. This is a nicer indoor Super 8 that is located just 0.3 miles from the event so very easy to get to and from. The special rate is $59.88 for a double or single room and is normally $78.88. Please support them if possible. Mention Legends and Champions Pool Tour and promo code MP0007. Their address is 2200 11th Ave, Helena, MT 59601 and phone number is 406-443-2450.

"The Decider" will be a Pay Per View event and brought to you by POV POOL and available for purchase at http://www.povpool.com/ and advance ticket sales are now available with a bonus for the first 100 people who buy the weekend pass as an incentive to purchase early. Bonus information is detailed below.

Weekend Pass = $35.00

Two day pass = $25.00

Daily pass = $15.00

These matches will be played on a Diamond Bar Table.

Thanks to one of our sponsors "Kamui" the first 100 people who buy the weekend pass will recieve a $30.00 voucher that will be good for any Kamui tip including the new Kamui Clear (Retail $30.00) so this should be reason enough to sign up early. Thanks to Kamui for their help and support not only this event but for all the other events that they help in the pool and billiards industry.

Of course this special event in Helena would not be possible without the help and support from our Major Sponsors who are really making this happen, Shellie's Country Cafe and the Fraternal Order of Eagles. We are also greatful to our other great sponsors http://www.azbilliards.com/ , The Super 8 of Helena, MT, Century Gaming, Str8-Shots Pool an Darts and Mountain country Distributing.

We are all looking forward to this event and is set to be a battle that we will all remember. More info to come and if you have any questions please feel free to contact Mark Cantrill of The Legends and Champions Pool Tour at cantrillmark@yahoo.com or call 480-612-7732.
 
Last edited:
is this on a bar box? got any specifics on what table is being used? jump cues?

thanks in advance.
 
Any idea on the lighting and Table/Camera setup in the venue?? I know POV had 2 cameras one of the last time I watched but 1 was pointed at the table and one at the commentators while they ate.... and it looked like the only lighting was the normal table lighting....

I might go off for the weekend, if they could stream the players practicing the night before or earlier on Friday before they get ready to start, but not without seeing if it's something I will watch.....

If I am confused please let me know but the last POV stuff I watched was Frost vs Alex and there was pure comedy gold in that one with whoever they dredged up to be in the booth...

AT one point the players take a break and they come back and start playing the next game..before the commentator notices. The commentator then says something to the effect of "They should have waited for me...They should have looked up and saw I wasn't here and waited" the guy was serious and it was pure comedy gold as was pretty much everything that came out of his mouth even if it was never his intent LOL

So if it's the same guy I may be out as well..... Any ideas on who will commentate?

Chris
 
Well, Earl & Shane would want you to watch it. They told me themselves.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We are expecting a very good show!
 
Mark, you should sell a limited edition of, say, 25 posters with Shane and Earl's signature on them. Have them numbers 1 through 25.

A limited edition with their signatures would be a nice keepsake for pool aficionados. I know some folks might enjoy getting it framed and hanging it by their tables at home, if they have them. A pool room might also be interested.

As far as cost, I'm thinking maybe 50 bucks, whatever the market will bear.

It will help with the expenses of the event as well as put a little jingle in Shane and Earl's pockets. Just a thought. :smile:
 
Mark, you should sell a limited edition of, say, 25 posters with Shane and Earl's signature on them. Have them numbers 1 through 25.

A limited edition with their signatures would be a nice keepsake for pool aficionados. I know some folks might enjoy getting it framed and hanging it by their tables at home, if they have them. A pool room might also be interested.

As far as cost, I'm thinking maybe 50 bucks, whatever the market will bear.

It will help with the expenses of the event as well as put a little jingle in Shane and Earl's pockets. Just a thought. :smile:

And a good thought it is!! Must spread rep around before giving to JAM.
 
Any idea on the lighting and Table/Camera setup in the venue?? I know POV had 2 cameras one of the last time I watched but 1 was pointed at the table and one at the commentators while they ate.... and it looked like the only lighting was the normal table lighting....

I might go off for the weekend, if they could stream the players practicing the night before or earlier on Friday before they get ready to start, but not without seeing if it's something I will watch.....

If I am confused please let me know but the last POV stuff I watched was Frost vs Alex and there was pure comedy gold in that one with whoever they dredged up to be in the booth...

AT one point the players take a break and they come back and start playing the next game..before the commentator notices. The commentator then says something to the effect of "They should have waited for me...They should have looked up and saw I wasn't here and waited" the guy was serious and it was pure comedy gold as was pretty much everything that came out of his mouth even if it was never his intent LOL

So if it's the same guy I may be out as well..... Any ideas on who will commentate?

Chris

I think the guy you're referring to was One Pocket Rich. I can't say for sure, but I doubt he'll be the one calling this match. I think POVs streams are pretty good. I watched a ton of the West Coast Classic last weekend, and I believe they are doing the Hardtimes 10 Ball this weekend.
 
I'd definitely be in for a poster signed by both... They're both players I'd like to meet and play at some point.
 
is this on a bar box? got any specifics on what table is being used? jump cues?

thanks in advance.

Hi 7, It will be played on Diamond Bar Table. Jump cues and those rules I believe will be set when we get closer. Just from my opinion I think even if jump cues are allowed they may stay away from using them. Its too easy to bounce off the table on a barbox. JMO. Hope it helps.
 
Mark, you should sell a limited edition of, say, 25 posters with Shane and Earl's signature on them. Have them numbers 1 through 25.

A limited edition with their signatures would be a nice keepsake for pool aficionados. I know some folks might enjoy getting it framed and hanging it by their tables at home, if they have them. A pool room might also be interested.

As far as cost, I'm thinking maybe 50 bucks, whatever the market will bear.

It will help with the expenses of the event as well as put a little jingle in Shane and Earl's pockets. Just a thought. :smile:

Jenny, Your idea is actually in the works and hopefully it will work out.
 
OK no one pocket rich has me halfway home =) and my $35 half way out of my pocket =)

Hoping they can rig some lights up and are gonna go with a few camera angles... Not juiced over barbox action but they have done the 9 and 10s before so I can see it being a good thing.. At least it is a diamond :thumbup:

Will check out the hardtimes this weekend..

Chris
 
OK no one pocket rich has me halfway home =) and my $35 half way out of my pocket =)

Hoping they can rig some lights up and are gonna go with a few camera angles... Not juiced over barbox action but they have done the 9 and 10s before so I can see it being a good thing.. At least it is a diamond :thumbup:

Will check out the hardtimes this weekend..

Chris

Chris, on most of your points/questions Daniel of POV Pool would be the best person to answer so maybe when he gets a few mins he will respond but I know he is real busy. I do know a couple of things. POV are hoping to have a 3rd camera so a few more camera angles for you since with technology the cam make one camera look like 3 or more. I would not buy based on that happening though as I just know the are working on it.

Lights and set up, this venue is a banquet/function room and have florescent lighting and will also have a light above the table. POV's area to do the commentary set up will be on a stage at one end of the table that is raised. Commentary is still a little up in the air and will probably be just Daniel. I am trying to see how I can help with that. I would love to get a couple of special guests to make the trip and do some commentary but its so expensive to just get to Helena that it is probably not in the budget. I may have a couple of tricks up my sleeve but again not to give you bas info I would not buy base don that happening as it may not. I will probably get in the booth from time to time for a little color commentary. I think that's just bout all your concerns answered as best as I can. I hope you tune in.

Mark
 
Chris, on most of your points/questions Daniel of POV Pool would be the best person to answer so maybe when he gets a few mins he will respond but I know he is real busy. I do know a couple of things. POV are hoping to have a 3rd camera so a few more camera angles for you since with technology the cam make one camera look like 3 or more. I would not buy based on that happening though as I just know the are working on it.

Lights and set up, this venue is a banquet/function room and have florescent lighting and will also have a light above the table. POV's area to do the commentary set up will be on a stage at one end of the table that is raised. Commentary is still a little up in the air and will probably be just Daniel. I am trying to see how I can help with that. I would love to get a couple of special guests to make the trip and do some commentary but its so expensive to just get to Helena that it is probably not in the budget. I may have a couple of tricks up my sleeve but again not to give you bas info I would not buy base don that happening as it may not. I will probably get in the booth from time to time for a little color commentary. I think that's just bout all your concerns answered as best as I can. I hope you tune in.

Mark

No worries Mark...

I'll likely buy at least the first night to support POV's efforts in bringing pool to our living rooms. If the visuals and commentary are good I'll likely watch all 3 nights. I know the budget constrains much of what can be done with cameras and lighting but at some point you have to up the game and not just say good enough.. I know easy to say when it's their dime they are working on and not mine....

Heck if you watched the stream in Tunica you had to listen to me commentate 2-3 bank matches so I understand you don't always get DiLiberto =)


I keep trying to spend Accu-Stats' money as well to no avail usually =) I always want just one more camera angle and more lighting.....

Chris
 
will there be a loop? Like TAR offers?

I believe that is in the works. Daniel of POV Pool mentioned that to me the other day and looks like he has bought enough time to be able to do a loop. Again PPVproduction is all really up to POV pool hopefully he will come on here and let you know for sure and how long it will be looped.
 
Does this includes download or will one be available?

Thanks!


When you say "Download" I imagine that you are talking about being able to load the match on your computer and then watch it whenever you want like VOD almost or having a dvd of the match an having permanent access to it. Please let me know ifI have that right as I am really stupid about computer stuff.

If indeed that is what you are talking about I am going to say no, but in the future we may make a dvd or VOD available for purchase. Right now both myself and POV Pool are focusing on just making sure the PPV stream goes well an if there is a demand for the match after we will see what can be done. I hope that answers your question.
 
Back
Top