The GOAT vs. the Ghost.. rotation.....................

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I noticed he skipped the 9-ball in a few racks. Can anyone tell me why this is?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Full rack rotation is the only game if you really want to hone your skills. Drills be damned... Splash 15 balls and try and get out.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I noticed he skipped the 9-ball in a few racks. Can anyone tell me why this is?
The game is also known as ‘61’....there are 120 points available in rotation..when you acquire 61 points..
...you win.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His draw shot on the (8?) Ball @3min...

I don't feel so lame now. it's about equal to what I can do.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They weren't keeping track of score very well. At one point ER was down a game or two and they had score wrong. His cueball control is just ridiculous.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They didnt always move the coins but they knew the score😉

I didnt see them skip the 9 ball. He made it early in a combo and the 13 looked a little yellowish.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the pleasure of watching Efren practice rotation on numerous occasions at Hardtimes. One time he ran down to the 10 ball getting perfect on every shot, before switching his cue back to his RIGHT hand to finish out the rack. He made it look so easy we didn't even notice we was shooting lefty the whole time.

Another time he got stuck on maybe the 6 or 7 ball being blocked to a pocket by another ball. He looks at it for about 15 seconds, then jacks up his cue and jumps the object ball over the impeding ball. Cue ball hops up and stops dead for shape on the next ball, where he then proceeds to run the remainder of the rack.

Another feat I've seen Efren accomplish is playing straight rail billiards on a regular pool table, somehow nursing the balls in the corner without having any of them fall in the pocket. When he got out of position he'd hit some crazy shot and have the balls end up in another corner where'd he do it over again. Efren would also practice rolling shots from all over the table so the object ball would stop at the lip of the pocket without actually falling in. Watching Efren practice is like watching a magic show but none of the tricks are pre-planned.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
They didnt always move the coins but they knew the score😉

I didnt see them skip the 9 ball. He made it early in a combo and the 13 looked a little yellowish.
Yes, I re-watched and he didn't skip the 9-ball. Oops on my part.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the first rack. Shot at 2:46 was classic Efren. One rail to bump the 9 under the 10/12 to a place where it was playable and the cue ball went above the 10/12 to get shape on the 8 at the other end of the table.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the first rack. Shot at 2:46 was classic Efren. One rail to bump the 9 under the 10/12 to a place where it was playable and the cue ball went above the 10/12 to get shape on the 8 at the other end of the table.

Yup.
I noticed that and it was a great move.