The Greatest Greatest

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a serious note.....VIN SCULLY Dodgers announcer from 1950 ! to 2016 !!

never will be seen again

(Chick Hearn honorable mention)

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just watch Hacksaw Ridge

Desmond Doss, without a gun, saved (by himself) 75 injured soldiers from the ridge in WW2.

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down::clapping::clapping::clapping:

75 is not a typo

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FDR (Roosevelt)

Won 4 presidential elections........we wont be seeing that again anytime soon :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Enough of thoroughbreds....Dan Patch was the greatest pacer that ever lived....
....and he raced free-legged.
About a 100 years ago, he paced 1:55.25....that was on a dirt track...
...old technology racing bikes....primitive training methods.

....with the modern tracks and racing carts they have now....he might win the Indy 500.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Some recent events reminded me of this thread. It was one of my favorite threads I ever started.

This past weekend, Roger Federer just won the Australian Open. Man, watching his face...the look of total serenity in his eyes as he is doing the most incredibly athletic and artistic things on the court...I don't know, he might have just taken the #1 spot on my list. Man this guy is just such an incredible inspiration. I am just humbled by this guy. Its stuff like this that really makes me bow my head to God...just the sheer awesomeness that humanity can be.

Also, I will definitely replace Joe Montana with Tom Brady. Who could argue with that?

Anyway, anyone else have new thoughts?

KMRUNOUT

Watched the match, one, if not the, best matches I've ever seen....especially given their ages. Federer was underdog by 3:1 on one betting site, played like a possessed twenty year old. Brought chills down my back.

Many years ago Federer acted like a spoiled brat on the court, once he changed to a more Zen like approach, he became both a fan and commercial favorite, very little yelling and in-your-face fist pumping...a class act. Many third rate sports can learn from his example.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There's Ali and then everyone else.
jack

Except Sugar Ray Robinson was better , pound for pound.
And Joe Louis was the heavyweight champ for more than a decade .
Did not lose a fight while being a champion.

Secretariat is the greatest ever in any sport .

Pound for pound is a two-way street....make Sugar Ray as heavy as Ali ....
....I'm thinking Ali was faster.

But now Mayweather has to be brought into the mix....
...Joe Louis said "He can run but he can't hide."....he never saw Mayweather fight....
....might've changed his mind.

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serena Williams warrants SERIOUS consideration!! She is simply BETTER than any other female tennis player Ever!! Point, blank, period!!

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
The answer has to be Usain Bolt. Most of the other sports listed don't have any way to compare athletes from different time periods or the sport is obscure or defunct. With the 100m and 200m it's pretty simple and Bolt is just faster.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Walter Ray Williams has won more PBA (Professional Bowling Association) national titles than anyone, won the most Player of the Year awards (7), most cash titles (7), most lifetime PBA earnings... and still bowling strong on the Senior tour. He is also regarded as the best horseshoe thrower of all time, winning that sports' "world championship" the most with the most "perfect games" of all time.

I'm Filipino, but I think WRW's accomplishments - among the best in bowling at a time of Pete Weber (most majors won, including the only one to win the triple crown TWICE), Wayne Webb, Amleto Monacelli, Norm Duke, through Jason Couch, Chris Barnes, Danny Wiseman, Dave Husted, Del Ballard, and host of others who have won at least 15 national titles - had far surpassed Nepomuceno. Paeng, BTW, happens to be in the Bowling Hall Of Fame, as well As WRW...

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wayne Gretzky (Hockey)
Pele' (Soccer)
Tiger Woods (Golf)
Michael Phelps (Swimming)

Tiger may be the greatest in our era, but he'll need to beat Jack's majors count to be considered the best ever. I'd agree with the other three, however.

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger may be the greatest in our era, but he'll need to beat Jack's majors count to be considered the best ever. I'd agree with the other three, however.
Lou I believe I'm changing my vote to Serena Williams!! ✔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom Cruise - the Greatest:
1 - party animal
2 - bartender
3 - fighter pilot
4 - prize fighter
5 - IMF agent
6 - race car driver