"The Hustler" is playing now on TCM!

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get your VCR's and DVR's out! The classic pool movie, "The Hustler" is playing now on Turner Classic Movies!

IMHO, it's the greatest pool film of all time.

Inzombiac

Silver Member
Why does everything good happen while I'm at work. QUICK! Someone see if its replaying later on! *crosses fingers*

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
VIProfessor said:
Get your VCR's and DVR's out! The classic pool movie, "The Hustler" is playing now on Turner Classic Movies!

IMHO, it's the greatest pool film of all time.

'fessor
You can't do this to us;) ;) ;) got work to do :D :D

Inzombiac

Silver Member
bah! someone please trip forward and see if they are gonna play it again! I gotta see the movie or I'm gonna continue to quote my signature block and go crazy....er. :(

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
i just RAN to my tv it's on now..missed a 1/2 hour but i have it on tape from before...remember too on TCM they usually run it again later in the day....THANKS for posting about it...................:)

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inzombiac said:
bah! someone please trip forward and see if they are gonna play it again! I gotta see the movie or I'm gonna continue to quote my signature block and go crazy....er. :(

I just did a search. Sorry, no action on the replay.

thelanz

Stay down & follow thru!
Silver Member
Huster Movie redux

I some of you did, I missed the showing of the Hustler that was on Turner Classic Movies today. When I checked the program guide on my Tivo, I found it was showing again on Feb 7th at 6 AM.

Get those recorders going again!

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip off. I watched the best parts and skipped all the "drama" parts of the movie and did other stuff around the house.I watched the two big matches between Eddie and Fats and of course the 9-ball match up where his hands get messed up.

thelanz

Stay down & follow thru!
Silver Member
Cheap, cheap ....

The Kiss said:
Nothing says cheap like pool players...

get a DVD player...:D

Actually, I don't know that the Hustler is on DVD. At least, I can only find it on VHS.

Where can I get it on DVD? I'd love to have it on DVD in my (small) library.

Stephen

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member
thelanz said:
Actually, I don't know that the Hustler is on DVD. At least, I can only find it on VHS.

Stephen

Google can be your friend:rolleyes: :D

"The Hustler"

George

Reactions: Hal

JPB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thelanz said:

Stephen

I have it on DVD, can't remember where I got it, probably amazon. It has some special features. The film is really well done, beautifully filmed. The acting was great.

The funny thing though is that the more I watch it, the less enjoyable I find the film. Great, yes, enjoyable, no. It makes you think about some things, and the more I think about them the less I enjoy watching the film. Sounds kind of odd I guess, but it is one of the reasons I think the film is so good. The film did a couple of things differently from the novel, which may have made for a better movie. I also don't really consider it a pool movie anymore, although I like the pool scenes.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Is it on widescreen?
If not, it's a waste.
You don't see Willie racking on Pan and Scan mode. :)

Playing The Hustler on projector in your wall is da nuts.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I would much rather watch the Hustler or the Color of Money for the 20th or 30th time than watch any of the others a 2nd time. Some I couldn't even watch the whole movie the 1st time. Johnnyt

thelanz

Stay down & follow thru!
Silver Member
SphinxnihpS said:

You are right, I didn't look too hard when I found that it was out of print.

I did follow up on the amazon link and it is available from individual sellers (not amazon) and they range from inexpensive used versions all the way up to a collectors item at $96.

None of them indicate whether they are widescreen or not. I've emailed a couple of the sellers about that.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Stephen