The Inaugural 2021 NBL 10-Ball Championships - 16 Player Event with a $25,000.00 purse!

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Despite pandemic shutdowns extending longer than anyone could have anticipated, the permanent closings of pool rooms and people losing jobs, we had to have something for you all for 2021. It's a condensed version of the originally scheduled 128 player event but something is better than nothing when the World shuts down and so many have lost so much. I hope you all enjoy the show!

December 18th & 19th

Sandcastle Billiards - Edison, NJ
ALL tables streamed LIVE for FREE on NBLUSA.com (Finals will ALSO air LIVE on Roku TV)
On-site VIP stadium seating & general admission for those that can attend in person
Vendor Booths on site

16 Player Bracket (American residents only)

8 Amateurs that qualified from around the nation
8 well established pro players

$25,000.00 in prize money where the top 1/3rd cash!

1st Place: $10,000.00
2nd Place: $7,000.00
3rd Place: $4,000.00
4th Place: $2,000.00
5th Place: $1,000.00
5th Place: $1,000.00

WPA World Rules 10-Ball
True Double-Elimination
Alternate Break
Race to 7 in the 1st round and one-loss side of the charts
Race to 11 for all undefeated players
If the finals go to a second set, it will be a race to 7

Outsville AccuRack Template will be used
The balls will be racked in sequential order with the 10 in the center (Easy to study the break for all)
Players must break from the spot (toughest location to break from)
Referees will be at every table
30 second shot clock on all matches
Audible 10 second warnings
One extension allowed per rack
One 5 minute break per player

Amateur players listed in image below.
Professional players will be announced starting TONIGHT!!!

Thank you all for your support!

Attachments

• Amateur Competitors.jpg
    Amateur Competitors.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Attention Advertisers.jpg
    Attention Advertisers.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Did You Hear.jpg
    Did You Hear.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Ed Announces.jpg
    Ed Announces.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Venue Layout.jpg
    Venue Layout.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 292

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I haven’t seen Oscar play in quite a while. Looking forward to it.

I’m curious to see how the sequential racking works out. I’m not in love with the idear but it’ll probably be fine. Just reminds me of bar rules for some reason

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I’m curious to see how the sequential racking works out. I’m not in love with the idear but it’ll probably be fine. Just reminds me of bar rules for some reason
Everybody gets the exact same pattern, wish they did this for all games/events

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hope it's a great event. Every event I've ever attended at Sandcastle Billiards was outstanding, so this should be no exception. After all, Eddie is a proven guru in staging and managing events.

Wishing the best of luck to the event producers and to all the competitors.

Personally, I'd like to see an amateur win this tournament.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Everybody gets the exact same pattern, wish they did this for all games/events
I get the reason but it seems like a complicated solution to a relatively minor issue.

B/r %s aren't going to be astonishing, irrespective of racking order.

Couple that fact with the 1/2/3/10 in predetermined spots, only 1/2 the balls can be purposefully placed...more trouble than its worth, imo.

Not that it really does any harm or it is my tournament, yuhknow?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope it's a great event. Every event I've ever attended at Sandcastle Billiards was outstanding, so this should be no exception. After all, Eddie is a proven guru in staging and managing events.

Wishing the best of luck to the event producers and to all the competitors.

Personally, I'd like to see an amateur win this tournament.
If an amateur wins it I doubt you hear any pro's pissing and moaning about it like that snooker schmuck

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Oscar has been running one of the busiest pool rooms in the country, Hard Times in Sacramento as an owner and full-time manager the last few years. Yes, he’s a high level player, but unless he puts in a few weeks of hard practice, it’s going to be tough for him to win, depending on what other pro players are in the field.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
The controversy of Earl’s eligibility to play in the Mosconi Cup this week due to European government regulations regarding Covid-19 practices is heartbreaking. HOWEVER, you can all watch him live in person at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, NJ or live online for FREE at NBLUSA.com on December 18th & 19th in the Inaugural 2021 NBL 10-Ball Championships!!! Come home and play strong champ! America stands with you and is honored to watch you play all these decades. You are LEGEND!

Attachments

• NBL Earl Strickland Confirmed.jpg
    NBL Earl Strickland Confirmed.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 60