The Legendary Pearl to Take On 14.1 Attempts

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ends at 196. A break ball was left that would have been in the rack on a wood rack. Left him no break shot. Missed it. (He played the rack bad to leave that ball).

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ralf was completely in the zone that tournament. reyes had no chance, noone had. it's beautiful when that happens to a straight pool player. have you seen mr chinakhov's matches from the 2019 american 14.1 championship? i think they're on youtube. it looked like the guy was playing while sleep walking. zen mode
I did indeed watch every minute of his play, Skogs, and was as joyfully engrossed and appreciative as I've been with all the smoothest and pure former greats. His play was pure, perfect, and artistically beautiful 14.1.

I remember commenting to myself "there's the reason 14.1 will always endure -- every generation has a few players who are blessedly gifted with the special kind of mind, pace, and passion to pursue and excel at it -- at a level that is well beyond others competing at it."

Arnaldo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has been a great sweat, I too hope it keeps going. Will be even more interesting watching other players approach to 14.1

It is a great sweat.

There's a man vs mountain thing about it that makes it very compelling. And then, when you have a player like Earl shooting who is giving you a few more cliff hangers thrown in, there's quite a bit of drama, I think.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if we wired Earl up with an earpiece and he actually listened to what he was told to shoot by a expert 14.1 player he'd put up a really big number fairly quickly.

Lou Figueroa

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like watching him put so much “mojo” on the cue ball with that 14mm cannon.

Lots of people believe (falsely) that you need a skinny shaft to juice it up.

The Taiwanese players love thick solid-maple shafts that are stiff.

Most of them can’/don’t use the amount of juice that Earl does, though.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if we wired Earl up with an earpiece and he actually listened to what he was told to shoot by a expert 14.1 player he'd put up a really big number fairly quickly.

Lou Figueroa
I was thinking the same thing just a few minutes ago.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wouldn’t it be fun to have a stroke like Earls just for a week?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

And great 14.1 players have no need to "JUICE' up any shots when they're playing patterns correctly, in fact all they're playing is connect the dots, not sending their cue ball all over the table!😅

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And great 14.1 players have no need to "JUICE' up any shots when they're playing patterns correctly, in fact all they're playing is connect the dots, not sending their cue ball all over the table!😅
I know that.

Earl is playing “his way”.

He may never get into the range of several hundred, but he makes it entertaining.