The Legendary Pearl to Take On 14.1 Attempts

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
You guys can set it up here, and show us.....

The balls are at the bottom of the template.... just drag them onto the table and drop.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will someone tell me his high run at the end. I have been looking through the pages but cant find it. Thanke

jaywheel

Registered
Don't forget Varner and Segal.
How could we?

14-2joside-view.jpg

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Glen, sounds like a wild shot - I’d like to play around with it, as I’m sure many would. You did give a detailed description but I can’t quite understand it. Next time you’re near a table can you set the balls up and lay a cue on the table roughly pointing to the direction of aim, and snap a pic on your phone? Picture is worth a 1000 words and all that… Not yanking your chain. Thx

Pretty sure this is it. Which is a take off an old reverse English 4 railer we used to play with in the 90's.

1641490952338.png

Attachments

• 1641489151429.png
    1641489151429.png
    434.7 KB · Views: 54

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don`t know how Hopkins ever won at 9 ball with his stroke. I know that he did.
Hopkins played 9 ball in a very different era than today or even than 20 years ago. Even though he appeared to have a pokey stroke, he did get the cue tip straight through the cue ball, and that, in the end, is all that matters. Some of the greatest baseball pitchers in history "short armed" in their pitch delivery, they did not look classic at all in their form.

Yes there are mechanics in every sport that are considered "correct" and more consistent; but there is always the exception to that teaching who stands out just because it worked for them- Hopkins was an example of that in pool.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it legal to hit into the cushion like that, or is that considered some kind of push shot?

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hopkins played 9 ball in a very different era than today or even than 20 years ago. Even though he appeared to have a pokey stroke, he did get the cue tip straight through the cue ball, and that, in the end, is all that matters. Some of the greatest baseball pitchers in history "short armed" in their pitch delivery, they did not look classic at all in their form.

Yes there are mechanics in every sport that are considered "correct" and more consistent; but there is always the exception to that teaching who stands out just because it worked for them- Hopkins was an example of that in pool.
Allen had no room to stroke the cue in on the table he learned to play on because of the walls around it, so he compensated by learning how to put power and follow through stroke on a 2" drawback stroke. When he was up in Washington state many years back he played in a tournament of champions out at Ocean Shores, WA. Cole Dixon and Steve Miz were teasing Allen about his stroke and how he couldn't get any back spin on the cue ball. Allen challenged them both to see who could draw the cue ball back the furthest, Allen collected from them both and they never made fun of his stroke and poke again🤣

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling someone a Monkey? You’re a racist on top of everything else?
Why is monkey racist? It's common name among me and my friends as to when one
of us are clowning around. No different than calling each other a clown, bird-brain, knucklehead, or any other silly name.
And BTW, I'm no fan of nor am I sticking up for RKC.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask Howard Cosell...

And that was many years ago, not related to current "woke-ness", however you feel about that phenomenon
I don't think Howard Cosell had any racist intent when he said it. I think it was an honest mistake trying to make a clever statement based on Art Monk's name. If he thought it was remotely racist he never would have said it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't think Howard Cosell had any racist intent when he said it. I think it was an honest mistake trying to make a clever statement based on Art Monk's name. If he thought it was remotely racist he never would have said it.
Howard Cosell racist? With Ali and so many black athletes in his era requesting his commentary, someones out of their mind!!!