The Mind Game, Part 1

Jimmy Reid

US Open 9 Ball Champion
THE MIND GAME, Part 1; But first let me solicit a little;

BY FAR THE LOWEST PRICE EVER OFFERED. NEED MONEY.
PLEASE GO TO FREEPOOLLESSONS.COM AND BUY MY COMPLETE SET FOR $44.95 FREE S&H.
JUST MAKE SURE THE PayPal MONEY IS GOING TO: jimmyreid33@yahoo.com there's no underscores or periods in my PayPal email address. Happy Holidays, Jimmy Reid

You'll see where in the top left of the home page I've found some of the original lessons and put them up.

SPEND 10 HRS. W/ ME ON DVD AND I MONEY BACK GUARANTEE YOUR GAME WILL IMPROVE EVERY 3 BALLS EVERY 3 WEEKS DOING MY PRACTICE ROUTINES FOR 2 HOURS A DAY UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR PEAK, THE SKY'S THE LIMIT.

GLOBAL ORDERS ARE $69.95 USPS PRIORITY S&H INCLUDED. JUST MAKE SURE THE PayPal MONEY IS GOING TO: jimmyreid33@yahoo.com there's no underscores or periods in my PayPal email address. Happy Holidays, Jimmy Reid

THE MIND GAME, Part 1;
Bob Ogburn also known as big Bob or Black Bart and I were watching Federer and Nadal play tennis the other day and we started talking about being positive wth your attitude from beginning to end, like Nadal.
Nadal after a forced or unforced error would start the next point with the same self speak starting again, over and over.
We eventually got around to texting about pool, these are the results of our texts.
Bob was a little hot at me because if I didn't show up in Bellflower for the pay ball action Bob Ronnie Allen or Cole Dickson usually wound up winning most of the money in the game.
When I showed up, usually on Friday night, they would look at each other like death arrived.

The game was open to everybody in the world, whether it was ring 10 ball on a tight Gold Crown or ring pay ball on a 5 x 10 or 6 x 12 snooker table and as fortune would have it, I was always the last one standing.

Pretty good track record! Imagine playing with the best players in the world and making them all quit for 25 years.

It wasn't just in California, the same thing happened at every tournament in many different states, if they had snooker tables or tight regulation pool tables, the pros had an open ring game.

This Bellflower action lasted from 69 to 72 for me, almost every weekend for 6 months a year, until the winter came.

Lots of the very best players went on the road in the winters. There was easier action for everybody in every state during winter.

After talking to Bob about Nadal beating those guys with his positive self speak that never lets him waste any thoughts on anything negative but reinforces all things positive and after repeating it over and over it comes to be true.

Telling Bob that the people he was forced to hang around with, all great players and very funny individuals each unique in his own way but being around such negative speaking people gets you thinking and speaking negatively after awhile.

The Stories are and were funny but when everything you say talks about dogging it whether you didn't get a parking spot or something, that's over the top.

Even Ronnie Allen would use negative terms talking about other players and how they dogged it or choked.

It was inevitable sooner or later they would be talking about themselves or someone else that blew a match or whatever by choking or dogging it. You'll never hear me say it.

No matter where I was, in a bar an apartment or a car full pool players on the road, I would insist that they stop talking like that or I was leaving, they could let me out at the next stop.

It drives me crazy to hear sportscasters in golf, tennis, baseball, basketball or football talk about choking on a shot or play. If you're a pro, your self speak shouldn't give them that opportunity.

Usually if I tell them after they've said something negative "keep talking about that and you'll be drawn toward it like a magnet." I can't remember a time where telling them that didn't stop, eliminate or slowdown that negative talking to a minimum sure they're going to slip but if they spend a few weeks on the road with me, everyone of them starts playing their best pool.
Providing you do all the self speak. THE ONLY EXCUSE FOR MISSING SHOULD BE "WELL I ADDRESSED THAT SHOT INCORRECTLY." THIS WORKS BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!
Whatever you say exists. When it comes out of your mouth you're making it a real possibility to happen when you play.

MY NEXT POST will be the exact words I repeat over and over to myself every inning.

Even after getting way behind and stuck (betting my own) when an opportunity came along to run out or make a tough shot to get started I was ready.

Listen everybody, I'm hurting and have to go for now but before I do I want to get back to me accusing Tor Lowry of being an internet thief. Go to YouTube and look up my downloads, the date says anywhere from November 26, 2011 and up.

If I could do all that why would I need to hire a webmaster! TOR LOWRY IS THE BIGGEST LOWLIFE I'VE EVER MET.
NOW PLEASE GOOGLE LOWRY BROS. ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!
No wonder he and his cohorts got my DVDs torn apart and in those illegal downloads with my name on them. I've never made a dime from YouTube or Google AdSense.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jimmy,

Personally I don't buy many instructional items, but....I purchased Jimmy's instructional from his website maybe 7 or 8 years ago, and the kicking/ diamond system section was easily worth the price.

For those of you that don't know.....Jimmy plays a little 3 cushion<<< understatement of the century, and I just bought a 5x10 billiards table for home....I think I'm going to get this complete set to go along with it!

disclaimer.....
I have nothing to do with Jimmy or his site, and we have never met, but I like the way he teaches...and I think he is a good dude.....not to mention a living legend MONSTER road agent....It is a rare thing to play world class AND be able to teach!!!...who else would you wanna learn from?!

Good luck!

G.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Jimmy and I played once in Miami when he was just a kid. I caught on quickly and decided it would be a better decision to just become pals, and so we never played each other again (one of the few pool humans I ever put on Ignore). He tried a little too hard for my taste, and he just seemed to enjoy shooting at ridiculously hard shots. If he could teach people how to have his heart that would really be something. You'll just have to settle for his excellent DVDs.

Beard

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
^^^ High praise indeed. I too bought Jimmy's DVD set directly from him. Valuable info is within. Wishing Jimmy the best.

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy is the best

When jimmy was healthy no one had to like playing him? A funny story in my book when Jimmy and Scotty Townsend hooked up at my pool room in New Orleans around 1990 !

Arlene

Registered
That was a great post! Your frame of mind is so crucial to your game. As they sayings goes-" Mind over matter" is more true than we may think it is. I actually had the opportunity to see Jimmy in action in his prime, truly a master of the game. I never had purchased the DVD series, though I have seen some clips of his instruction, so very informative. Now that I am getting back into the game, you can sign me up for one Jimmy.

Arlene

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Payment Sent! Looking forward to it!

Now..take your posts down :) lol...it's hard enough to beat my local players in NY.

First it was aiming...now the mind game...WTH!!! What's next? Strategies and Pattern ;)

Now for only 45.00, they going to improve their game and rob me of my weekly pool money.

You bet I'm going to spend the 45.00 to protect myself.....guys...if you're a player that want to protect your cheese....this 45.00 is probably your best investment!

Looking forward to your future posts Mr. Reid.

BR,
Duc.

Last edited:

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth. Jimmy Reid is one of the best 10 ball players that ever lived. I would have to put him in the top 5 best players ever, he is also a great 8 ball player as well. Just to keep it real his one pocket game is no where near his 10 ball and 8 ball game. If I had to rank him in one pocket he wouldn't hit the top 50 best of all time. His play on a snooker table is as good as any American player ever. I'm not trying to promote Jimmy just telling it like it is, I have played Jimmy many times and have watched him play over 100 matches. Jimmy is the best 10 ball player that I have ever played...bar none,,, I played Jimmy 10 ball at the Johnston City "Hustlers" event in 1972, at that time I was playing the best 9 ball in the world imo, we played for 36 hours and there was a 10 hour stretch where Jimmy missed only one ball, needless to say...Jimmy broke me. However, it wasn't easy, but I just didn't have the answers for what he was putting down.

Jimmy has always been a confident player, and when he tells you about how he has no time for negative thinking, he's telling you the truth. I have never heard Jimmy say that he played poorly, nor have I ever heard him say that..so and so.. could beat him..must be something to it.;) If what he was doing could be put into a bottle and marketed there would be a ton more of champions, believe me.:yeah:

Bill Incardona< straight shooter

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We love you, Jimmy. So glad to see you posting. Does the Open this week bring back happy memories from when you won the title in 1985? :cool:

Post more on this forum when time allows. It's always a good read. :)

Here's me and Jimmy Reid, who's wearing his U.S. Open green jacket. This picture was taken in 2003, I think, at the Super Billiards Expo. I remember how elated I was that week when you ended up with that pretty blond who was giving Keith an undue amount of attention. In fact, you left town with her, giving me a sigh of relief. :grin-square:

Attachments

• jimmyreidandjam[1].JPG
    jimmyreidandjam[1].JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 282

LNCPA

Registered
Does anyone know if Jimmy ever followed up with a post of "his exact words" that he used when shooting?

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the VHS tapes.. haha...
the original ones with the real balls, not just two colors, and I can't say enough how great they are. For me, this was the first experience I had inside the head of a real champion. For hours he breaks down shot after shot. He maps the entire table, out load to the viewer prior to shooting his first shot, if he gets out of line, he stops, he maps it again out loud to the viewer prior to shooting again. A real learning tool an insight to an extremely high pool IQ. If I had to guess what he positive speak is at the top of my head, it would be what he said in the tape prior to getting down on the shot from your minds eye... "see it, hear it, feel it" then get down, do it, and stay down till the ball disappears in the pocket. Powerful stuff.