The new forum is better in every way..........almost

JC

Coos Cues
Does anyone else miss the ability to like someone's post with a brief comment that only they can see? It seems like the choices now are just like it publicly or start a conversation with them to give any feedback. The old thing was just the right in between action.

Or am I missing something?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else miss the ability to like someone's post with a brief comment that only they can see? It seems like the choices now are just like it publicly or start a conversation with them to give any feedback. The old thing was just the right in between action.
I liked the old system but I think many people didn't know how to work it. Also, the whole rep system had been broken for a decade or so.

If you start a conversation, the poster can respond easily, which was a little harder for rep messages.

About a wash.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

It is hard to not be shown liking things in public, but there is an upside.

Cuemakers and scammers and whatnot will have obvious shills and you can see who is pumping someone up now

JC

Coos Cues
The ability to post youtube videos right in the thread pretty much outweighs all the potential minus' in my opinion.

It makes for a much more robust experience in our visual oriented world.

I miss just that one thing. Not the rep score which was a joke, but the little remarks you could make along with liking or disliking something that did not beg for a reply like starting a "conversation" does.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new forum took some getting used to but it’s not bad. Worse part for me is the itrader scores. Has there been a replacement or way to get that back or something similar?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The new forum took some getting used to but it’s not bad. Worse part for me is the itrader scores. Has there been a replacement or way to get that back or something similar?
Your score is 100% with 18 ratings.

The positive percent rating is easy to find, but the ratings total takes a little digging.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Yes...I also miss the ability to create a short title, hopefully catchy, for each post..and the old system provided a way of showing a list of posters and number of posts for each thread, worked well, especially for long threads. There was also a specific number of views for each thread, now, after a certain amount, it doesn't seem to change.

JC

Coos Cues
Yes...I also miss the ability to create a short title, hopefully catchy, for each post..and the old system provided a way of showing a list of posters and number of posts for each thread, worked well, especially for long threads. There was also a specific number of views for each thread, now, after a certain amount, it doesn't seem to change.
I miss the creative and nasty messages I used to get with the red reps.

And there were a much more expressive list of emoticons

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I always use my phone and couldn't leave a comment anyway.

And like JC I miss the creative ways I was told to eat an XXL bag of XXXXL dix 🤣

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did like to send short notes with the rep feature. I used it more for that than for the effect of positive rep. Losing that ability is more than made up for with all of the good things about the new software. I was using an old skin and low posts per page so stickies were taking up just over half of every page. Stickies only on the front page is a huge advantage in my opinion.

About the likes, I have found that they can be edited and deleted. Should be some opportunities for fun there!

Not going to be an option for many reasons including security issues but after getting used to the new software no question I would vote for it over the old software. Maybe when someone posts something really obnoxious we can all give it an angry face as the equivalent of a red rep run!(grin)

Hu