THE REMATCH of the "Greatest Match in Pool History"-SVB vs Orcollo (Fri-Sun 18-20 June2021) Race to 120 /9Ball

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DISCLAIMER: "Greatest Match in Pool History" are words of Omega Billiards , not mine :D
Here is the mega thriller first match which end in hill hill probably first time a streamed long race went hill hill

Not a fan of such long races, endurance races. They are getting longer used to be 50 , 100 now it is 120. I mean why stop at 120 why not 10000 . And technically it is not race to 120 if they take long sleep breaks in between- they should play without any sleep. Will still watch some of this just not whole thing :ROFLMAO:

Fri-Sun 18-20 June2021
6pm CST Fri-Sat
5pm CST Sun
(9 Ball Race to 120)
Winner Break
Rack Your Own
On the Spot
No Checking the Rack

rematch 7_n.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, Dennis takes 5 rack lead 18-13. Must be first time so early in their long races that Dennis takes lead
Still early days:LOL:

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is leaking. No real play, just break and run out. Like a bar table

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane fight back. Now trails 14-22 and will be breaking as they go for a break :ROFLMAO:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
DISCLAIMER: "Greatest Match in Pool History" are words of Omega Billiards , not mine :D
Here is the mega thriller first match which end in hill hill probably first time a streamed long race went hill hill

Not a fan of such long races, endurance races. They are getting longer used to be 50 , 100 now it is 120. I mean why stop at 120 why not 10000 . And technically it is not race to 120 if they take long sleep breaks in between- they should play without any sleep. Will still watch some of this just not whole thing :ROFLMAO:
I don't even like races to 50, and can say with complete certainty that I've never watched one from beginning to end. For me, a race to 25 is about all I can handle, and even that stretches me to my limit. No impromptu action match, for me, will ever be in the discussion for greatest match ever, not even if $1,000,000 is being bet.

The only exception is the Strickland vs Reyes match in 1999, although it can be argued that was more of a paid exhibition than an action match, because it came when the Filipino invasion was still relatively new and, for many, it was a referendum on whether the Filipinos had caught the Americans at nine ball. This made it greatly anticipated and a lot more was on the line than just money. National pride was hanging in the balance on that occasion.

Nonetheless, for those who enjoy these marathons, I say "enjoy the show."

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wouldn’t watch a long match like this if I was paid $100 a day, never mind paying for it.
.....what‘s wrong with races to 15, best of enough sets that you can get the same duration?
For those who like side action, the action will be magnified greatly.

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn’t watch a long match like this if I was paid $100 a day, never mind paying for it.
.....what‘s wrong with races to 15, best of enough sets that you can get the same duration?
For those who like side action, the action will be magnified greatly.
When the wager is $100-$500, race to 15, best of however many sets are fine.

However, when the wager is big enough to buy a house, or maybe two houses like the Sky/Dennis match, neither the players nor the backers want the short races. They all want long races, which tells the fans who truly is the better player between the 2.

A few examples come to mind: if Fedor Gorst & Jeffrey de Luna didn't play a long set, nobody would know how much better Fedor really is over Jeffrey. Or take the recent World Championship Final, is Shane that much lesser of a player because he lost 9-1?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When the wager is $100-$500, race to 15, best of however many sets are fine.

However, when the wager is big enough to buy a house, or maybe two houses like the Sky/Dennis match, neither the players nor the backers want the short races. They all want long races, which tells the fans who truly is the better player between the 2.

A few examples come to mind: if Fedor Gorst & Jeffrey de Luna didn't play a long set, nobody would know how much better Fedor really is over Jeffrey. Or take the recent World Championship Final, is Shane that much lesser of a player because he lost 9-1?
Maybe you should reread what I posted. A race to a certain number of sets can be the same duration.