The Steinway Classic

RonMason

Ron Mason
Silver Member
The Steinway Classic will be held n November 1st - 3rd at Steinway Billiards in Astoris NY.

The list has to be updated, but I just wanted to share it with all of you. I think it's a pretty strong list, haha. Also, the PPV packages are available for purchase now. You can go to www.steinwaybilliards.com for more info and to purchase a PPV package.

1.dennis Orcollo
2.svb
3. Earl strickland
4.darren Appleton
5.jayson shaw
6.carlo Biado
7.ralph Souqet
8.mike Dechaine
9.warren kiamko
10.ko pin yi
11.tony robles
12.johnny archer
13.dennis hatch
14.nick economopoulos
15.alex Kazakis
16.justin Bergman
17.mika immonen
18.nick van derberg
19.ruslan chinahov
20.oscar domingez
21.ernesto domingez
22.lin yuan chun
23.ko Ping chun
24. Ramon Mystica
25.jung Lin Chang
26.yu lung Chang
27.hsu kai Lun
28.waleed Majid
29.john morra
30.ruben Bautista
31.roberto gomez
32.mike Davis jr
33.brian deska
34.mike wong
35.george rodrigez
36.zion zvi
37.shawn wilkie
38.hunter Lombardo
39.lee Bret
40.brandon shuff
41.jason klatt
42.matt krah
43.bucky souvanthong
44.kevin Clark
45.jeremy sossei
46.alaska
47.raj hundal
48.mhet vergara
49.pedro botta
50.alan rolon rosado
51.enrique rojas
52.israel rota
53.miguel bautista
54.riyadh benghalem
55.joe Dupois
56.nelson olivera
57.alejandro carvajal
58.kevin cheng
59.rodney morris
60.karl boyes
61.daryl peach
62.mark gray

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I've noted before that it's a joke that this event doesn't carry Mosconi points. It always has one of the toughest fields of the year.

This field is nearly, if not as tough as that at Turning Stone, and, as this thread evidences, 2015 is no exception.

Can't wait for this one!

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I've noted before that it's a joke that this event doesn't carry Mosconi points. It always has one of the toughest fields of the year.

Agreed. Very strong field, and it's on a full size table, not a toy BB.

Someone needs to enlighten Matchroom.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that Steinway got rid of the 10 footer. Why did they do that? I enjoyed watching the matches that have been posted on youtube that were played on that table.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Very strong field, and it's on a full size table, not a toy BB.

Someone needs to enlighten Matchroom.

Matchroom don't need any enlightenment. They have their finger on the pulse but tis yeat y the problem was that many of the patients were 'flatliners',
So they had to work where they could detect a heartbeat and xo a smattering of bar table events were included., So what? They will make no difference to the composition of the Team which has already STARTED TO PICK ITSELF.
If the same criteria is used next year then perhaps Matchroom should consider starting their points list now to enable these obviously premium events to be included

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Luke Riches did an interview on ABR a few weeks ago where he said they were going to greatly expand the number of points events for next year. Maybe for whatever reason the right people just weren't aware of it, and a quick email would change that for next year.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Steinway Classic will be held n November 3rd - 5th at Steinway Billiards in Astoris NY.

The list has to be updated, but I just wanted to share it with all of you. I think it's a pretty strong list, haha. Also, the PPV packages are available for purchase now. You can go to www.steinwaybilliards.com for more info and to purchase a PPV package.

1.dennis Orcollo
2.svb
3. Earl strickland
4.darren Appleton
5.jayson shaw
6.carlo Biado
7.ralph Souqet
8.mike Dechaine
9.warren kiamko
10.ko pin yi
11.tony robles
12.johnny archer
13.dennis hatch
14.nick economopoulos
15.alex Kazakis
16.justin Bergman
17.mika immonen
18.nick van derberg
19.ruslan chinahov
20.oscar domingez
21.ernesto domingez
22.lin yuan chun
23.ko Ping chun
24. Ramon Mystica
25.jung Lin Chang
26.yu lung Chang
27.hsu kai Lun
28.waleed Majid
29.john morra
30.ruben Bautista
31.roberto gomez
32.mike Davis jr
33.brian deska
34.mike wong
35.george rodrigez
36.zion zvi
37.shawn wilkie
38.hunter Lombardo
39.lee Bret
40.brandon shuff
41.jason klatt
42.matt krah
43.bucky souvanthong
44.kevin Clark
45.jeremy sossei
46.alaska
47.raj hundal
48.mhet vergara
49.pedro botta
50.alan rolon rosado
51.enrique rojas
52.israel rota
53.miguel bautista
54.riyadh benghalem
55.joe Dupois
56.nelson olivera
57.alejandro carvajal
58.kevin cheng
59.rodney morris
60.karl boyes
61.daryl peach
62.mark gray

Poster on their website says November 1-3.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This field is nearly, if not as tough as that at Turning Stone, and, as this thread evidences, 2015 is no exception.

Can't wait for this one!

I'd say it is a tougher field than TS this year-WAAAAAAAAAAAY tougher!. A name change might help for Mosconi Points-'The International Classic at Steinway' would probably do the trick.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'd say it is a tougher field than TS this year-WAAAAAAAAAAAY tougher!. A name change might help for Mosconi Points-'The International Classic at Steinway' would probably do the trick.

Yes, this year, because it immediately follows the US Open 9-ball, many who don't normally participate in the Steinway event will be there. In the past, the field has been just a bit weaker than Turning Stone, but you are right to point out that this year it is not so.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
When Earl came to Steinway, he requested the 10 foot table. Nowadays, I think he prefers the 9' Diamond instead. Steinway recently added a snooker table, so he may also practice on that.

I heard that Steinway got rid of the 10 footer. Why did they do that? I enjoyed watching the matches that have been posted on youtube that were played on that table.

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Indeed, with all the Taiwanese and European, this actually kinda look like a mini sized version of World Championship :thumbup:

RonMason

Ron Mason
Silver Member

They got rid of the 10 and 7 footers they had and add a 12 foot snooker table.

dynamite

Gold Member
sorry pal you know i love you but this field his miles stronger than turning stone... turning stone as around 16-20 good players..
This field the strongest field I've ever seen for a open pro/am event in a pool room Majority of the players on that list Could win the event

plus more are signing up.. Denis Grabe

good job manny.

D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
sorry pal you know i love you but this field his miles stronger than turning stone... turning stone as around 16-20 good players..
This field the strongest field I've ever seen for a open pro/am event in a pool room Majority of the players on that list Could win the event

plus more are signing up.. Denis Grabe

good job manny.

D

Agreed, but in considering the matter of why the event carries no Mosconi points, the decision, which was made over six months ago, would have been made based on the quality of past fields, and I still find it incredible that this event is overlooked for Mosconi points.