The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the few who think it is legit what was done,I have a Submariner Rolex that was not actually built by Rolex.I subbed out the work to a reputable Chinese watchmaker but with Rolex specs included.I think $8500 is fair.It looks great and keeps really good time.
Probably the best analogy yet.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the few who think it is legit what was done,I have a Submariner Rolex that was not actually built by Rolex.I subbed out the work to a reputable Chinese watchmaker but with Rolex specs included.I think $8500 is fair.It looks great and keeps really good time.

There about 4 members you should market that to, and they will defend ya to their death, I can see it now,

"But, but, but the hand movement and the quality of this Chinese Rolex is amazing, best watch I ever owned, doesn't matter it was marked up 10fold, it tells the time accurately".

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another point, your black beauty and your jackpot were both made at Schmekle, but you have talked way more about your jackpot, do you even still have that black beauty?

You gave Schmekle all the info for what you wanted for that cue, so maybe its you who doesn't know how "customize a cue to begin with", especially if you have to ask for feeback from builders on here if your specs are going to work or not.

I mean your last thread you made on AZ you were asking the cuemakers what is the difference having pins installed in the shaft instead of the butt ""As far as "hit" or "feel" or anything, what would be the difference".

I have asked something similar, so not faulting you for asking questions, but maybe you aren't anywhere as knowledgeable as you think you are. The way you portray yourself and then the basic questions you ask don't really mesh up.

I sold the cue I had made to someone who wanted it, hit with it, knew who the maker was, and read every post on here while it was being built. I didn't even have to put the cue up for sale and I didn't say it was for sale. The guy hits some balls with it one day in the pool hall and made me an offer and I took it. I didn't even mention a price and the cue hit so good that the guy makes me an offer on the spot. How's that for how it hit?

I had the cue built because I was going to have a shaft made by Schmelke to use to hit some balls with a cue I got from CJ Wiley. I didn't want to use CJ's original shaft. I wanted it left in the original condition from the way it was from the Million Dollar Challenge Tournament in 1996. So I was having the shaft made at the same joint diameter as CJ's. That is when I decided to experiment and go ahead and get a butt made, too. When I sold the cue, I kept the shaft I had made and still have it in the case with the CJ cue. It is a top quality shaft.

So, the cue was liked, the cue was not misrepresented and it wound up with someone who wanted it and I wound up with a shaft for my CJ cue.

As far as my knowing about cues, I know a lot about playing with them and how they are constructed, but I don't research weights of certain woods, densities, glues, etc. That is why I ask cue makers. Put a cue in my hands and I can tell you if I like it or not. I was also interested to know how the different woods would affect the balance to make it where I wanted it.

Same things I would ask a cue maker if I was talking to them on the phone. In this case, I was wanting to have an idea up front before I started making the cue. I wanted opinions from several cue makers. Kind of like getting second opinions from the doctors. If you notice, I had several different opinions from different makers and they all didn't come up with the same diagnosis.

You, on the other hand, seem to be in everybody else's business when you have nothing to do with the situations. You like to stir pots when you aren't the cook or even a worker in the kitchen.

You seem to think you "know" what goes on in other people's business and I know damn well you don't know what was actually discussed between Dean and his customers, if they bothered to talk to him on the phone before they ordered one. Do you work for the NSA and listen in on Dean's calls?

If you want me to have a cue built for you, let me know. Maybe you can use it to actually play pool with instead of studying "Snooker Theory" online and not actually playing the game.

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sold the cue I had made to someone who wanted it, hit with it, knew who the maker was, and read every post on here while it was being built. I didn't even have to put the cue up for sale and I didn't say it was for sale. The guy hits some balls with it one day in the pool hall and made me an offer and I took it. I didn't even mention a price and the cue hit so good that the guy makes me an offer on the spot. How's that for how it hit?

I had the cue built because I was going to have a shaft made by Schmelke to use to hit some balls with a cue I got from CJ Wiley. I didn't want to use CJ's original shaft. I wanted it left in the original condition from the way it was from the Million Dollar Challenge Tournament in 1996. So I was having the shaft made at the same joint diameter as CJ's. That is when I decided to experiment and go ahead and get a butt made, too. When I sold the cue, I kept the shaft I had made and still have it in the case with the CJ cue. It is a top quality shaft.

So, the cue was liked, the cue was not misrepresented and it wound up with someone who wanted it and I wound up with a shaft for my CJ cue.

As far as my knowing about cues, I know a lot about playing with them and how they are constructed, but I don't research weights of certain woods, densities, glues, etc. That is why I ask cue makers. Put a cue in my hands and I can tell you if I like it or not. I was also interested to know how the different woods would affect the balance to make it where I wanted it.

Same things I would ask a cue maker if I was talking to them on the phone. In this case, I was wanting to have an idea up front before I started making the cue. I wanted opinions from several cue makers. Kind of like getting second opinions from the doctors. If you notice, I had several different opinions from different makers and they all didn't come up with the same diagnosis.

You, on the other hand, seem to be in everybody else's business when you have nothing to do with the situations. You like to stir pots when you aren't the cook or even a worker in the kitchen.

You seem to think you "know" what goes on in other people's business and I know damn well you don't know what was actually discussed between Dean and his customers, if they bothered to talk to him on the phone before they ordered one. Do you work for the NSA and listen in on Dean's calls?

If you want me to have a cue built for you, let me know. Maybe you can use it to actually play pool with instead of studying "Snooker Theory" online and not actually playing the game.
Since you have yet to answer the question, let's make this as simple as possible...

DO YOU THINK THAT DEAN'S FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR IS ACCEPTABLE? Yes, or No?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you have yet to answer the question, let's make this as simple as possible...

DO YOU THINK THAT DEAN'S FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR IS ACCEPTABLE? Yes, or No?

I'll let the unhappy cue owners answer that.

I'm happy.

Did you get defrauded?

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What conversatons the other customers had with Dean, I don't know and neither do you.

Go ask them.
You seem to be an expert on this situation, so again I am asking for your opinion. Is it ok that Dean fraudulently sold cues to customers? Yes? Or No? Simple really.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seem to be an expert on this situation, so again I am asking for your opinion. Is it ok that Dean fraudulently sold cues to customers? Yes? Or No? Simple really.

I'm an expert on my situation, so go bother some other happy customer.

Attachments

• go away boy.jpg
    go away boy.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 159

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew Jack didn't "make" it before I got it.

So, I guess I wasn't frauded.

So were you just playing dumb before, were you trying to aid in Dean frauding people when you made the following statements, or are you lying now about what you knew???

Funny how you have tried to shutdown any questions about who the cuemaker was from the get-go.

If Dean says Jack made them, why are you questioning it?

Dean said that Jack made them.

Is that not the case?

Heaven forbid someone question Dean...

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So were you just playing dumb before, or were you trying to aid in Dean frauding people when you made the following statements???

Funny how you have tried to shutdown any questions about who the cuemaker was from the get-go.

Heaven forbid someone question Dean...

When I say "make" I am talking about having "input" on how the cue was made.

I'm was not implying that Jack was sitting behind a lathe churning out cues and I figured everybody else was smart enough to know that from the beginning. If I'm smarter than the rest of you, then that not my problem.

I knew they were experimenting with tapers, ferrules, lengths, etc. and trying to come up with what they thought everyone would like before they had them made. I have shafts with different lengths, different tapers, and different ferrules and it wasn't because the maker screwed up and wasn't paying attention. They were designed like that as an "experiment". I like all of the shafts I have. They are super smooth and all play good. So, like I said, I don't have any problem with my stuff.

So, I'll say the same to you as I did the other guy.

Attachments

• go away boy.jpg
    go away boy.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 123

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I say "make" I am talking about having "input" on how the cue was made.

I'm was not implying that Jack was sitting behind a lathe churning out cues and I figured everybody else was smart enough to know that from the beginning. If I'm smarter than the rest of you, then that not my problem.

I knew they were experimenting with tapers, ferrules, lengths, etc. and trying to come up with what they thought everyone would like before they had them made. I have shafts with different lengths, different tapers, and different ferrules and it wasn't because the maker screwed up and wasn't paying attention. They were designed like that as an "experiment". I like all of the shafts I have. They are super smooth and all play good. So, like I said, I don't have any problem with my stuff.

So, I'll say the same to you as I did the other guy.

Funny, lol
And even funnier you have tried to shut down people getting clarification on the cues from the start who maybe weren't as "smart" as you...

Your current story don't match your past statements, but whatever, continue on spinning your narrative.

If Dean says Jack made them, why are you questioning it?

Heaven forbid someone try to get clarification or question dean.:rolleyes:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, lol
And even funnier you have tried to shut down people getting clarification on the cues from the start who maybe weren't as "smart" as you...

Your current story don't match your past statements, but whatever, continue on spinning your narrative.

Heaven forbid someone try to get clarification or question dean.:rolleyes:

When I say "Ford" made a car, I'm not implying "Henry Ford" made it down on the assembly line. Somebody else made it with his idea. I think he is dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.