titlelist points ??

middleofnowhere

Registered
They made thousands of titlist house cues and I would think getting all the points even was not a top priority.
Anyone know about how many were made?
100's of thousands maybe?
As I think I mentioned in another post I used to play in the bowling Alley in Miami called the Congress and it had all Titleist house cues. I also saw them in other bowling alleys. I guess it was just a matter of what they stock them with but there was a zillion of them.

Because they were primarily sold and used commercially I'm sure a lot of them did not survive.
In one night I saw crazy Bruce break more than a dozen and pay for it every time he broke one.

I know at some point that the Titleist were being made in either China or Japan. You could actually look at them and you could see the difference from the original old Brunswick's.

My guess would be a lot of the ones you see now being done as conversions probably are not original Brunswick's but later Chinese or Japanese cues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I think I mentioned in another post I used to play in the bowling Alley in Miami called the Congress and it had all Titleist house cues. I also saw them in other bowling alleys. I guess it was just a matter of what they stock them with but there was a zillion of them.

Because they were primarily sold and used commercially I'm sure a lot of them did not survive.
In one night I saw crazy Bruce break more than a dozen and pay for it every time he broke one.

I know at some point that the Titleist were being made in either China or Japan. You could actually look at them and you could see the difference from the original old Brunswick's.

My guess would be a lot of the ones you see now being done as conversions probably are not original Brunswick's but later Chinese or Japanese cues.
Pretty easy to tell if you actually look at one. Tough to fake that old cue patina. Lots of them survived. Schmelke made some around '70. After that some were ADAM and other Asian sourced. I've seen ADAM and original side-by-side and its pretty easy to tell them apart.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any (almost) Titlist conversion is good enough for me. :) All that matters is if I like it, I generally don't buy things to resell.
I’m not much of a re-seller either. On anything not just cues. I like to buy very good things once and that’s it.

My toaster I bought in 96- was $400. Still own it, works perfect. If I bought a $20 Walmart toaster I’d have used up 10 of them by now. Sure I’d have probably saved money but I like my toaster. Lol

For a short while 2-3 years I was full blast flipping cues. Was a necessity not a hobby.

I collect cues because I enjoy them, not really profit motivated, I’m well ahead in that game because I bought so many cues so long ago. But they ain’t for sale. I’m down on a few cues as well-but that’s ok, they ain’t for sale either.

I haven’t added anything to my collection in forever. I have a couple cues being built, they will arrive someday, no rush.

Someday I need to catalog and inventory all my cues. And organize the LoA’s. Hell I don’t even have pics of 10% of them. Probably should take pics too.😳

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I bought a used Titlist conversion and was kinda bummed when I discovered that the points were not all even. I was told that is part of the charm of conversions because they are made from hand made cues. Im always sniffing around for Titlist conversions or original Hoppe Titlist's. I have a very nice unmolested Hoppe Titlist but cant bring myself to turning it into a conversion.
There's no reason a well made conversion can't have even points so long as the blank is enough oversized and the points aren't too far off.

Jaden

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Remember we had a young member from Singapore, know as TitlestSucker if memory is correct.

He had a great collection of Titlists Conversions.

Believe the guy name was Rarest Chin, died from Cancer. He had personal website dedicated to his collection.

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....Titlists were mass produced as House Cues. Rosewood, Ebony, Purpleheart....
99CCCD91-C8D4-4C29-951F-8E0FA92C5293.jpeg

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have encountered three types of bumpers on the one piece Titlist cues. Anyone know what timeframe Brunswick used the different styles?
CDB1E89B-BA63-45EC-8FFD-0233281B0177.jpeg

phreaticus

Fun thread. I prefer simple full splices, and recently took the plunge into a little conversion project to explore how one would play. David Brainard in OR specializes in conversions and recently put together a purpleheart one piece red label 1920’s BW model 26-1/2 (pre-curser to the Titlist) for me. Back then BW had their own old growth trees so the woods in the butt might be pushing 200 ish yrs, hyper dense/stable. Perfectly built to my specs and very affordable. The hit and feel is indeed spectacular, and its fun to bang balls with a piece of history. I’ve snagged a few other vintage cues from the 1920-40’s and they play terrific even in their original condition.

Cheers

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew I still had this photo of one I worked on. I repaired it but it was very intertesting. No buzzes no nothing. It played very solid with the voids being there. The only reason I found it was because the Gentleman wanted changes done.

Attachments

• IMG_20180108_093759_resized.jpg
    IMG_20180108_093759_resized.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 94

phreaticus

I knew I still had this photo of one I worked on. I repaired it but it was very intertesting. No buzzes no nothing. It played very solid with the voids being there. The only reason I found it was because the Gentleman wanted changes done.
Wow, that's pretty crazy!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have a classic timeless look to them.
I like it when no bling is added,just let the veneers be the main attraction.
Here is one I had Mike Pancerny, in Detroit, convert for me.

My cue is the one on top.

I had it made to look like the one on the bottom that was converted by George Balabushka.

96EEF585-A720-4ACC-9902-B91DEDFDFB04.jpeg

The points on mine are pretty close.

FED90AB7-102C-45BA-984C-CBDDDB78DC9B.jpeg

Before and after photos can be seen in the link below:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was filling the voids an option?