To all the Mike Dechaine Nay-Sayers.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I doesn't matter what you think either as far as I'm concerned but you're entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to mine. Mikes a great guy & a phenomenal player & your opinion doesn't change that.

Mikes a great guy to some , he can be a total ass to other depends on which way the wind blows , I've seen it countless times and so has many many others ,, this would not even be a discussion if that wasn't the case ,, go back and watch his match with Shane and read OMGWTF's blog on it ,,

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
So you are suggesting Shane is the reason he's not on the team ,,, maybe someone can ask Shane that.

good luck with that, since he doesn't post here. nor do other pros. (cause AZB patrons are obviously irrelevent.) :rolleyes:

my info comes from Mark Wilson.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good luck with that, since he doesn't post here. nor do other pros. (cause AZB patrons are obviously irrelevent.) :rolleyes:

my info comes from Mark Wilson.

So your going to go on record saying Mark Wilson told you he was his 3 rd pic until Shane made him change his mind

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Mikes a great guy to some , he can be a total ass to other depends on which way the wind blows , I've seen it countless times and so has many many others ,, this would not even be a discussion if that wasn't the case ,, go back and watch his match with Shane and read OMGWTF's blog on it ,,

I believe I acknowledged Mike has had his moments & I believe he's acknowledged it also. I also believe that's a sign of maturity. A LOT of players have had moments, some like Earl have had careers of this. I believe it's about passion & competitiveness with Mike which I like about him. I also believe he should be representing this country in the MC. I believe that he's on the verge of being the most talented player in this game within the next few years, time will tell. Lastly I believe that letting people up that have acknowledged their transgressions & are truly committed to moving past that is also a sign of maturity, it's called forgiveness, it's free, give it a shot because your butt hurt attitude doesn't look good on ya, just sayin'

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
So your going to go on record saying Mark Wilson told you he was his 3 rd pic until Shane made him change his mind

no, that's not what i said.

i'll go on record that he said that "MD was in his top 3 initial picks". (i never stated who the other 2 were, nor their order.)

if you want further answers, PM me for Mark's cell #.

liakos

Banned
I believe I acknowledged Mike has had his moments & I believe he's acknowledged it also. I also believe that's a sign of maturity. A LOT of players have had moments, some like Earl have had careers of this. I believe it's about passion & competitiveness with Mike which I like about him. I also believe he should be representing this country in the MC. I believe that he's on the verge of being the most talented player in this game within the next few years, time will tell. Lastly I believe that letting people up that have acknowledged their transgressions & are truly committed to moving past that is also a sign of maturity, it's called forgiveness, it's free, give it a shot because your butt hurt attitude doesn't look good on ya, just sayin'

With all due respect! You're missing the fact that he has acted and from what I'm still hearing out of the pool room, is still acting like an ass towards people and making stupid comments!

He definitely has gotten much better, but it's definitely a work in progress! What Mike needs is to get away from New England for a while, maybe head to the Philippines for a yr or so! He's gonna be the same player, attitude an all if he doesn't get out there and start playing!

Mike is a great player, no doubt, but he's going down the wrong road of he stays in New England is whole life! Maybe, if he wasn't such a doosh bag in his younger years someone would of taken notice and get him to run all over the world and compete with the best! But that didn't happen, and it seems it may never happen!

Well, it's all good, Mike Dechaine, the best pool player in "New England":) has a nice ring to it, I guess?!?!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you know how many balls he missed during this match?

Misses -- 1, in Game #4, his first shot after the break (missed a long, nearly straight-in 2-ball)

Fouls, unintentional -- 1, in Game #4 (no rail after kicking to hit the 2-ball)

Fouls, intentional -- 1, in Game #5 (tying up 3 balls by the side pocket)

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike is a great player but did you see when he played shaw in a tar match ?

Shane beat him pretty bad in the TAR match also, but the pockets were tight and Shane was in dead stroke. He put too much heat on Mike and it made it tough for Mike to perform. I believe Mike D. would have a better chance to beat him in his home room on more forgiving pkts....

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife and I went to the TAR match when Mike played Shane. He definitely didn't play his best during that match but he is a heck of a player. He plays with passion and sometimes wears his emotions on his sleeve. It works for him and it doesn't bother me at all. After the match we were at the pool hall and him and Shane showed up. He was very easy going and friendly to my wife and I. Talked to us for a few minutes and I don't have anything negative to say about him. I think he's misunderstood. As a player though I'd say he's right below Shane in the US and the way he's been playing this year I'd say he's only getting better.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This all stems from MD not being put on the MC team and his followers just can't get over it ,, the reality and the facts as we know it , is MD has made his own bed for the most part with out consequences ,,

+1
Putting aside his behavior/temperament his MC performance is horrific (1 win out of 3 in Singles and 1 win out of 4 in doubles) and there is no compelling reason to bring him back. Not like he was winning more than 50% of his matches and they did not pick him. You do not perform you are out simple as that. Right call by Mark and Dechainistas should give it a rest. Others should be given chance :D

MIKE DECHAINE MC Win -Loss RECORD
SINGLES
2012 0-2
2011 1-1
Total 1 Win-3 Losses

DOUBLES
2012 1-2
2011 0-2
Total 1 Win -4 Losses
Overall Record 2 wins-7 Losses (Singles + Doubles)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Mosconi_Cup#Results
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Mosconi_Cup#Results

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife and I went to the TAR match when Mike played Shane. He definitely didn't play his best during that match but he is a heck of a player. He plays with passion and sometimes wears his emotions on his sleeve. It works for him and it doesn't bother me at all. After the match we were at the pool hall and him and Shane showed up. He was very easy going and friendly to my wife and I. Talked to us for a few minutes and I don't have anything negative to say about him. I think he's misunderstood. As a player though I'd say he's right below Shane in the US and the way he's been playing this year I'd say he's only getting better.

You in politics ,, That's by far the most liberal assessment of Mikes behavior in that match to date

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no, that's not what i said.

i'll go on record that he said that "MD was in his top 3 initial picks". (i never stated who the other 2 were, nor their order.)

if you want further answers, PM me for Mark's cell #.

"i wish that MD & SVB would bury whatever hatchet, so that Mark Wilson could add Mike to this year's MC roster".

Oh I get it Mike won't play cause Shane's on the team :rolleyes:

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You in politics ,, That's by far the most liberal assessment of Mikes behavior in that match to date

Haha not into politics much at all. I just think he's a passionate guy and some people may view that as being something else. There are athletes in other sports that are passionate like Mike and are beloved for it. Pool is kinda stiff sometimes, I appreciate passion and fire while doing battle.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You do mean in the USA , because he's light yrs away from that on a world level ,,
I'm just stating the facts some people such as yourself wouldn't care if he was a child molester as long as he can shoot pool ,, all be it has yet to be seen anywhere other than his back yard , he has a dismal record at the MC ,, and this may be the hardest venue to play in , pressure will be off the hook ,,
I will take the attitude quote with a grain of salt coming from the guy with the chicken and the goofy hat

The whole pattern racking thing is over blown, you still got to break good and run out.

Pattern racking isn't cheating. All pros do it if you let them rack. If they rack for their opponent, they rack defensively too.

In fact, at amateur levels pattern racking is VERY effective. Only a few references in print about it, but it can lead to a 5-10% advantage, especially for the player spotting balls.

Some of you guys are like broken records with all this BS. Get it straight...here it comes....

MIKE DECHAINE will be a dominant force in professional pool in the USA for the next 20 years. Accept it folks, like it or not it isn't going to change.

Oh really?!?!?!
People wonder why hardly one pro posts here. Mike is posting here on occasion, asking for nothing from anybody. He just gets the same old crap every time. I'm sure soon, he too will stop coming here and I couldn't blame him.

With all due respect! You're missing the fact that he has acted and from what I'm still hearing out of the pool room, is still acting like an ass towards people and making stupid comments!

He definitely has gotten much better, but it's definitely a work in progress! What Mike needs is to get away from New England for a while, maybe head to the Philippines for a yr or so! He's gonna be the same player, attitude an all if he doesn't get out there and start playing!

Mike is a great player, no doubt, but he's going down the wrong road of he stays in New England is whole life! Maybe, if he wasn't such a doosh bag in his younger years someone would of taken notice and get him to run all over the world and compete with the best! But that didn't happen, and it seems it may never happen!

Well, it's all good, Mike Dechaine, the best pool player in "New England":) has a nice ring to it, I guess?!?!
Buddy, you are probably the biggest Dechaine hater here. So here's what I think you should do. Go ask Mike to play you giving the orange crush (5 out and all the breaks) and bet something. You won't like the outcome of that either, but at least you can let out your aggressions.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh really?!?!?!
People wonder why hardly one pro posts here. Mike is posting here on occasion, asking for nothing from anybody. He just gets the same old crap every time. I'm sure soon, he too will stop coming here and I couldn't blame him.

Hey don't shoot the messenger ,, I'm just following up on her comments ,,