Top 10 things that annoy me the most

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member

1. Doesnt push the remaining balls down table after he wins.
2. Stands in front of your shot
3. Has to shoot every other remaining ball in after he wins.
4. Says he was "just trying something" after every miss.
5. Gets lucky and swears he played it.
6. Wont shut up.
7. His phone rings constantly.
8. Speaks to friends in a foreign language at the table.
9. Takes forever to shoot every shot.
10. Wears pants low enough to expose his entire ass.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Yes, thanks Koba! And also powder all over the table! I'm sure there are more.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
always forgets to send the balls from the side pocket after he wins. Or worse yet, he forgets the balls in the upper corner.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I played One Pocket with a Guy for the first time several week ago. All of a sudden he sets his Cue on the Table, and heads to the BATHROOM saying ZERO to me. A few minutes later, he returns, again say nothing. This happen like five times in two Games, and the guy like I said, never say one word to me.

A few days ago he ask if I want to Play One Pocket until my regular guy shows up to play. I say No Not Now, Not Ever Again WITH YOU. Explaining IMHO he was RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL to me.

He is all POed, and don't see my point at all, and I say that is OK, as I will NEVER PLAY with him again as he Disrespected Me.

I think after the first BATHROOM RUN, he should have communicated with me, not treated me like a Jug of Milk of the Refrigerator Shelf.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
All good ones
What about the guy that scratches and just walks away, leaving the cueball in the pocket,
even if he's standing by that pocket.

nevermiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not pushing the balls down table really chaps my ass. As does putting the chalk face down on the rail (chalking over the table is bad etiquette too imo) and getting baby powder all over the equipment. I played a guy who used to get baby powder all over the place. I would miss balls from skidding a lot more often from it.

edit: I forgot the thing that might bother me the most in a pool room. League players who obsess over their and other people's handicaps.

Last edited:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I always love the ones that tell me how I should have played it after I beat them!

Or my favorite of all time. After I beat the guy in league 8 ball, he says to his buddy, "I'd still give him the 7 for fifty" !
Of course when I say "your on", he suddenly remembers that he has to be somewhere else!

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played One Pocket with a Guy for the first time several week ago. All of a sudden he sets his Cue on the Table, and heads to the BATHROOM saying ZERO to me. A few minutes later, he returns, again say nothing. This happen like five times in two Games, and the guy like I said, never say one word to me.

A few days ago he ask if I want to Play One Pocket until my regular guy shows up to play. I say No Not Now, Not Ever Again WITH YOU. Explaining IMHO he was RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL to me.

He is all POed, and don't see my point at all, and I say that is OK, as I will NEVER PLAY with him again as he Disrespected Me.

I think after the first BATHROOM RUN, he should have communicated with me, not treated me like a Jug of Milk of the Refrigerator Shelf.

You do play at a retirement community pool room, don't you? ;) You would think this is the norm.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
...After I beat the guy in league 8 ball, he says to his buddy, "I'd still give him the 7 for fifty" !
Of course when I say "your on", he suddenly remembers that he has to be somewhere else!

You played that guy too? :thumbup:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

1. Doesnt push the remaining balls down table after he wins.
2. Stands in front of your shot
3. Has to shoot every other remaining ball in after he wins.
4. Says he was "just trying something" after every miss.
5. Gets lucky and swears he played it.
6. Wont shut up.
7. His phone rings constantly.
8. Speaks to friends in a foreign language at the table.
9. Takes forever to shoot every shot.
10. Wears pants low enough to expose his entire ass.
This guy sure gets around. He was at my pool hall yesterday.

pj
chgo

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

I played at a retirement center yesterday. and a guy did the same thing.
He was like 87 years old with a black patch over one eye.
It didn't bother me, I just figured he was pretty far from needing to ask permission to go potty.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Could have been a pirate ... don't want to mess with those guys. YARR!

He's a stone cold hustler, and probably a retired pirate turned banker.
Yeah, what about the 87-year old guy with a black patch over one eye that runs out from everywhere.
That really pisses me off....:angry:

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are all great! I just started playing pool again after a 6 year break away from the game. I am playing leagues 3 nights a week and also just recently got a Gold Crown 2 setup as well. I have nights where I catch a gear and play like I did before I quit playing and some nights I play horribly inconsistent. On nights that I play really well lately, I constantly hear comments like "You play way above your handicap." or "Did you sandbag to get your handicap so low?" On top of having to explain the situation to folks that I took 6 years off because of family commitments, I have had 5 teams call the league and complain about me in the last month for sand bagging at which time the league tells them the situation as well. My question to the teams after they call is always, "Why in the hell would I lay down on a league match that cost $7 a night to play plus quarters for the tables!?!?!" $12 is definitely not a reason to sand bag! My handicap is going up every week, so eventually it will level out, but I'm just tired of hearing people whine about it.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
whats funny is that most of your top 10 list happen when your at apa. Pool etiquette seems to be most present among the people the outsiders to pool view as "two bit hustlers" but the amateur bangers who thumb their nose at these seasoned pool gamblers actually are bigger asses at the table than the hustlers and dont even realize it.

I remember the second week I played apa. My opponent is moving in my line of vision on nearly every shot. Ok, im dealing with that and honestly it didnt seem intentional as much as just ignorant. In the middle of my match this guy who was friends with some of the players on my team walks over to the table and stands right next to me when im down on a shot, talking to three guys. The four of em are yukking it up loudly and practically bumping into me as im shooting. So I get out of line on the runout and have to shoot a tough 8. Literally this guys butt is like 2 ft from my face when im down on the shot and the four guys are telling jokes to each other. I get up off the shot and say hey wtf...can you guys move? The guy looks back at me, wrinkles his nose and then literally moves like 6 inches and goes back to telling his joke. I get up off the shot and walk over to the capt of my team and im like look its hard enough to play this game with the other team sharking me but this is triple tough when three of our own teammates are totally ignorants of the basics of trying to not distract their own teammate. He walked over and shuffled all four away from the table and after it was over...i was the bad guy for being so difficult. apa pffttt