Top 10 things that annoy me the most

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
whats funny is that most of your top 10 list happen when your at apa. Pool etiquette seems to be most present among the people the outsiders to pool view as "two bit hustlers" but the amateur bangers who thumb their nose at these seasoned pool gamblers actually are bigger asses at the table than the hustlers and dont even realize it.

I remember the second week I played apa. My opponent is moving in my line of vision on nearly every shot. Ok, im dealing with that and honestly it didnt seem intentional as much as just ignorant. In the middle of my match this guy who was friends with some of the players on my team walks over to the table and stands right next to me when im down on a shot, talking to three guys. The four of em are yukking it up loudly and practically bumping into me as im shooting. So I get out of line on the runout and have to shoot a tough 8. Literally this guys butt is like 2 ft from my face when im down on the shot and the four guys are telling jokes to each other. I get up off the shot and say hey wtf...can you guys move? The guy looks back at me, wrinkles his nose and then literally moves like 6 inches and goes back to telling his joke. I get up off the shot and walk over to the capt of my team and im like look its hard enough to play this game with the other team sharking me but this is triple tough when three of our own teammates are totally ignorants of the basics of trying to not distract their own teammate. He walked over and shuffled all four away from the table and after it was over...i was the bad guy for being so difficult. apa pffttt

The APA is tough action.
I've been sharked by my own team
One night my team captain told my opponent not to shoot so hard...:confused:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
always forgets to send the balls from the side pocket after he wins. Or worse yet, he forgets the balls in the upper corner.

This one is solved easily. Just stand at the end of the table waiting. They will look at you funny but the light will come on and they will hunt for the balls. If they do it again, stand there again and wait for them. It won't take a game or two before they realize you're not moving to get those balls. I have only had to verbally tell one person - it was in my one session of APA, ironically enough.

The first thing I was told by my friend teaching me after winning my very first game of pool...the winner is responsible for the top four pockets.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I cant stand people or stand up or approach the table as you're shooting the game ball like they're going to concede but then stop and wait for you to shoot it.

Matt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant stand people or stand up or approach the table as you're shooting the game ball like they're going to concede but then stop and wait for you to shoot it.

I'm definitely with you on this one. If you want me to shoot the game ball, sit in your chair just like you did for every other ball. If you want to concede, let me know before I'm down on the game ball. There should be no in between.

Personally, I have on occasion conceded games that I probably shouldn't have because I started moving towards the table too early, but once I've made that move and distracted my opponent, I always give them the game.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my pet peeves that has happened more than once over the last few weeks is shooting the game shot on a hill - hill match and the player is fiddling with quarters. Mind you the match will be over and quarters won't be needed. I'll get up from the shot and look at the player and the quarter playing stops. As soon as I get back down and ready to fire in the shot, here comes the quarter fiddling. I finally just shoot the ball in.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whats funny is that most of your top 10 list happen when your at apa. Pool etiquette seems to be most present among the people the outsiders to pool view as "two bit hustlers" but the amateur bangers who thumb their nose at these seasoned pool gamblers actually are bigger asses at the table than the hustlers and dont even realize it.

I remember the second week I played apa. My opponent is moving in my line of vision on nearly every shot. Ok, im dealing with that and honestly it didnt seem intentional as much as just ignorant. In the middle of my match this guy who was friends with some of the players on my team walks over to the table and stands right next to me when im down on a shot, talking to three guys. The four of em are yukking it up loudly and practically bumping into me as im shooting. So I get out of line on the runout and have to shoot a tough 8. Literally this guys butt is like 2 ft from my face when im down on the shot and the four guys are telling jokes to each other. I get up off the shot and say hey wtf...can you guys move? The guy looks back at me, wrinkles his nose and then literally moves like 6 inches and goes back to telling his joke. I get up off the shot and walk over to the capt of my team and im like look its hard enough to play this game with the other team sharking me but this is triple tough when three of our own teammates are totally ignorants of the basics of trying to not distract their own teammate. He walked over and shuffled all four away from the table and after it was over...i was the bad guy for being so difficult. apa pffttt

you have some people in all leagues who dont have the common sense god gave a pissant. why blame just apa players.

you want me to give you some examples of my bcapl playing days and say bcapl pfffttt ?

i do not want to derail this thread but you apa bashers really get me. do i bash the bcapl for an inept lo. ? no. do i bash the bcapl for being a poorly run league in my area and subsequently folding. no. do i bash the bcapl for bs moves i saw by players when i played in it ? no.

i hold individual people accountable for their actions, not an entire league.

if you have a$$holes in a league where you play,whether it be apa, bcapl or whatever league , it is a reflection of the type of citizens in your community, not a reflection of an entire national pool playing organization.

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slow play.

to me nothing is more aggravating than slow play. they look around the table like they have never played pool before. and then think this way and then that way, no its some other way. For Christs sake just shoot the damn ball. Pool isnt that hard

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A search on "pet peeves" will identify many threads from the past on this same subject.

JC

Coos Cues

We have a guy who will stand there like a wooden Indian holding his cue and when you get close to the end of the run will walk over and put it in it's holder and then stand there with his arms crossed. He's a big son of a ***** so you can't help but notice. He doesn't care whether you're down on a shot or just looking over the table. I argued with him one time that this is a defacto concession and refused to continue shooting. I don't know if that's true or not but it's definitely a sharking move. I got tired of arguing about it so now I just have him on my team. :smile:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top 10 things that annoy me the most

1. Doesnt push the remaining balls down table after he wins.
2. Stands in front of your shot
3. Has to shoot every other remaining ball in after he wins.
4. Says he was "just trying something" after every miss.
5. Gets lucky and swears he played it.
6. Wont shut up.
7. His phone rings constantly.
8. Speaks to friends in a foreign language at the table.
9. Takes forever to shoot every shot.
10. Wears pants low enough to expose his entire ass.

I agree with you %100! And since you said top ten things, I won't add anything. Good Thread.
Many Regards,
Lock n Load.

Goose1972

Banned
i hate the 50-70 year old 3's and 4's in the apa, who say they've only been in the league for a few years. mean while they've been playing for 30-40

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Top ten things that annoy me...

1. Extreme slow play.
2. Crap players missing a shot by a mile and getting a lucky safe out of it.
3. Those players laughing/rejoicing about the shot above.
4. Other players watching shot above and saying it was a great shot.
5. People toteing a baseline Predator around and saying its a big custom.
6. Crap tables.
7. Tables that are good except for "1" pocket.
8. Smokey venues.
9. Loud repeating music in those venues.
10. People touching my stuff or asking to use it.

10.5. People saying good shot when you didn't get position at all!

Sorry, I just felt like venting.... not trying to hijack! :grin:

R,

Greg

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
saying ZERO to me

Why did he say ZERO to you?
Maybe he was calling you a Zero.
Maybe he called you Zorro.
Maybe he called you a Hero.
Maybe he thought you were Italian and called you Nero.
Why did he Pee so much?
Did you ask him?
Should have told him, "One Pee per game buddy, when yer playing the Big Brucero".