Tournaments while wearing masks

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Would you play in a tournament that required masks on for the duration? Proper distancing may not be possible for the first few rounds, if that matters

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
No, no no and NO. I won't even go in to a pool hall that forces me to wear one.

What pool halls let you walk in and around without one,

Ours just want us to wear it coming in and when walking around the room, not while playing and I find it fair enough

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
In my career as a carpenter, I requested a mask more often than being required. Masking up is not as off putting as some people want to believe.
I am wearing my sawdust mask in the avatar and keep my bandanna around my neck and double mask before entering any establishment. When alone leaving the lower strap unhooked eliminates any restriction of air flow and keeps me from fogging my glasses.
For me it’s just disrespectful to others to not mask up.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. It's a no brainer. Wearing a mask to prevent the transmission of Covid-19 when I might have it but not know is the least I can do to save other people's lives. Surgeons have been wearing masks for years while carrying out surgery and they appear to have coped with any "discomfort" pretty well while doing a job that is far more important than me playing pool.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had my second vaccine shot so I would consider it
Only problem the mask fogs up my billiard glasses 😢

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Would you play in a tournament that required masks on for the duration? Proper distancing may not be possible for the first few rounds, if that matters
Definitely... I thought it would throw me off having it between my chin and the cue but it's not even on the radar when playing.

Much ado about nothing honestly. ...and if it is what it takes to get the pool rooms open again, I'm all for it. It's not about playing pool. It's about being able to support the small business owners who enable others to play the game.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't play in tournaments until I am vaccinated, whenever I choose to do that. I just have no desire to sit in a mask for many many hours a day. I'll just be patient for now until I think the time is right to resume mixing closely with crowds unmasked.Another 6 or 9 months won't be all bad as far as I am concerned- working on remaking my entire approach and stroke now anyhow- going back to the training I wish I received 40 years ago- it's all good - plan to come out stronger than ever.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would consider playing in one if I can wear a neck gaitor. It's much more comfortable for pool than the mask. A few hours of practice might be ok with the mask, but more than that and I don't think they are healthy for us.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are all being played and you do not know it. Their is no virus, just non-stop bullshit. Now throw away your masks and refuse to go anywhere that requires you to wear one. There now, don't you feel better?

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just forced myself to wear the mask for 10-12 hours straight so I can still play a one pocket session in the Covid times. It only took a couple of sessions for me to get used to playing with one on.