Tournaments while wearing masks

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would if everyone else was. I’ve been wearing a mask 8-12 hours a day since March on workdays and many home days when I was possibly exposed and trying to keep housemates safe. For months that was 7 days a week. Doing physical and sometimes strenuous work.
Playing pool in a mask seems like a non-issue. If that’s what it takes I would do it.
I would not like being the only one wearing a mask though. I would leave instantly if my opponent refused to wear one properly for instance.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I have had my second vaccine shot so I would consider it
Only problem the mask fogs up my billiard glasses 😢
The fogging can be minimized by having the metal strip across the bridge of the nose. I might have to adjust the bend of it a couple times to get the optimal seal.
The masks that loop over the ears are not good for me as I could accidentally lose a hearing aid taking the mask off. The surgical masks I wore in the’70s had an upper and lower strap. My partical mask is that way. By squeezing the metal to fit my nose and leaving the bottom strap loose, I eliminated the fogging problem and still provide a layer of protection.

Reactions: bbb

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The fogging can be minimized by having the metal strip across the bridge of the nose. I might have to adjust the bend of it a couple times to get the optimal seal.
The masks that loop over the ears are not good for me as I could accidentally lose a hearing aid taking the mask off. The surgical masks I wore in the’70s had an upper and lower strap. My partical mask is that way. By squeezing the metal to fit my nose and leaving the bottom strap loose, I eliminated the fogging problem and still provide a layer of protection.
Yes, the actual N95 masks with headbands are amazing, no fogging at all, you really forget you are wearing a mask.

The cheap surgical masks or fabric masks are annoying, but less annoying than a ventilator

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I would if everyone else was. I’ve been wearing a mask 8-12 hours a day since March on workdays and many home days when I was possibly exposed and trying to keep housemates safe. For months that was 7 days a week. Doing physical and sometimes strenuous work.
Playing pool in a mask seems like a non-issue. If that’s what it takes I would do it.
I would not like being the only one wearing a mask though. I would leave instantly if my opponent refused to wear one properly for instance.
Yes, it's mandatory and non-compliance will have you ejected

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't do it because the masks bother me. I wear them to a store and then take it off when I get to my car. It also fogs up my glasses.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel worse knowing that children like yourself are allowed to vote and use such naughty language
Actually, I feel bad for over emotional under educated folks like you. Let me explain a simple fact of physics for you: A virus germ, any virus germ, is incapable of surviving temperatures warmer than 80 degrees. So tell me, you name calling mush brain, how is it possible for a virus that was here last spring to still be here this winter?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Actually, I feel bad for over emotional under educated folks like you. Let me explain a simple fact of physics for you: A virus germ, any virus germ, is incapable of surviving temperatures warmer than 80 degrees. So tell me, you name calling mush brain, how is it possible for a virus that was here last spring to still be here this winter?
Because people keep breathing it into each other's mouths, it's weird how that happens. If only there was some kind of barrier people could employ.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
In my career as a carpenter, I requested a mask more often than being required. Masking up is not as off putting as some people want to believe.
I am wearing my sawdust mask in the avatar and keep my bandanna around my neck and double mask before entering any establishment. When alone leaving the lower strap unhooked eliminates any restriction of air flow and keeps me from fogging my glasses.
For me it’s just disrespectful to others to not mask up.
Works for sawdust, not for microscopic germs...fact.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it survives fine at 80 degrees or it wouldnt live in your body or would never have spread.

pool rooms that choose to let people without masks in , chase off the majority of people from coming in. and much of that majority are not hard core players so may not ever come back.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
hard to find
They are going for $5-$10 each on eBay and well worth it, a single mask can last 6 months if properly cared for, or change them weekly if you want. I'd gladly spend $5/week to have properly fitting equipment and some semblance of comfort in a pandemic