Turn the River

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw this movie last night online and was very disappointed. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think? The female lead as a poolplayer was not at all believable they never showed her stroke a ball in but I could have lived with that but the story was weak. If anyone wants to critic the movie here's the link. http://thepiratecity.org/1822_Turn_the_River__2007.htm

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
I got it for Christmas. The thing about it is that it's not really a movie about pool, more similar to The Hustler than TCOM. I thought the actors and some of the characters were pretty cool but the plot had some major holes in it. Kind of a B movie chick flick with a pool hustling subplot.

Eric

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I picked it up when it was first released, figuring that Id enjoy it because it was pool oriented.

I was wrong. :mad:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I rented it from netflix. I watched it for about a half hour, and that was all the suffering I could take. I shut it off and put it back in the envelope.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
easy-e said:
It kind of sucked. But at least it was a pool movie:D.

Im with eazy on this one. yeah it sucked but at least it was a pool movie. Give me a bad pool movie, over just a plain old bad movie any day. Plus Famke janseen is hottt.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
3andstop said:
I rented it from netflix. I watched it for about a half hour, and that was all the suffering I could take. I shut it off and put it back in the envelope.

Consider yourself lucky. The first half hour was the better portion of the movie. lol

Jal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I happen to have watched it last night too (on DVD). I gathered from the director's comments that it was a fairly low-budget film. Given that, I think they did a fairly decent job of it. It was something to watch and I wasn't expecting "The Hustler."

(It's too bad, though, that the main characters didn't get into a "debate" over aiming systems. But then I guess they weren't really trying to make a horror flick.)

Jim

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I think it might be a movie you can get your girlfriend or wife to watch with you,have seen worse movies,she is hot so it is bearable. :grin:

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
blah

Yeah, that movie was so painful to watch I would rather stick grapefruit spoons in my eyes and walk around in traffic...

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
I have to agree with the majority here it had some pool in it so I was fine. I can be very critical when it comes to movies and I mean any movie not just pool movies. I see flaws in special effects micrphones in pictures (Thats the worst) I can pick movies apart. I will watch any movie with pool as a plot or sub-plot.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
I liked it

Not realy a movie watcher,more of a reader.It had everything I like though:chick flick;B-movie;pool movie;no car chases;not produced in Hollywierd.Of course I was expecting it to be bad so I enjoyed it.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
plain and simple - dog**it. famke jansen is hot though. i'd just rather watch her in something else.