U.S. open brackets

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Here are some photos of the brackets. They're a little fuzzy, but if you zoom in enough, you can make out most of the names.

Thanks to AZB member twoslo4me for providing these.

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

-Blake

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I am not able to read these brackets, even with zoom. Thanks the same.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been saying this for 2 years and all these pool promotors, directors and experts tell me I am wrong.

They simply don't get it.

Another failure by pool. Imagine that.

they usually have brackets online here at azbilliards if I recall correctly

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I have been saying this for 2 years and all these pool promotors, directors and experts tell me I am wrong.

They simply don't get it.

Another failure by pool. Imagine that.

We have online brackets for our tournaments here in South Dakota and it works great. I just do not understand why it is not used by large tournaments.

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I found these on FaceBook. They are quite a bit easier to read. I also see 3 empty spots. Not sure what's up with that. Hopefully we'll have online brackets soon.

Photos by Mandy Wu.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, my first reaction was - why on earth would they hand write these?

Just the amount of effort to write as opposed to use free or nearly free alternatives boggles the mind.

It gives it an air of a bar tourney rather than the US Open.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, the limited field size is a winner for us fans:

Here are six first round matches:

Feijen vs Eberle
Pagulayan Woodward
Pinegar vs Oscar Dominguez
Dechaine vs Drago
Mills vs Dang
Schmidt vs Klatt

Hubba, hubba. Six elite players will find themselves on the "B" side after the first round.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Those are the same brackets we used while touring. It is funny, the top rectangle in each bracket is for the time and table #.....the next 2 lines are for the names. And, the little box at the right side is for the losers score...fyi

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I've made this point to Jay Helfert, the tournament director several times over the past couple of years. Jay is someone who I consider an 'online friend' of mine but he needs to push events he is involved with into getting into this century. The Big Foot challenge bracket always looks like something that was filled out on a napkin at dinner break.

To rely on AZBilliards just shows how disorganized the US Open and pool in general still are.