UltraSkin Layered Cue Tips Sale

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats the black pad under the clear? Is the clear an old cd disk? Looks pretty cool for those that like to look cool :p

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by TomHay View Post
This weeks special is a Mix or Match, not on Web Site for USA.

10 - $25.00
20 - $50.00

Please add $2.50 for shipping.

Paypal Tcue@aol.com and put your tip breakdown in the Paypal Notes/Message box before paying.

Thanks,
Tom
Sale still on :):) Have a great weekend

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

10 - $25.00
20 - $50.00

Paypal Tcue@aol.com and put your tip breakdown in the Paypal Notes/Message box before paying.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, I had Bob Dzuricky put one of these USkin softs on a test shaft that he made for me. Not too bad at all if I do say so myself. Really good tip for the $. Not as "grippy" as a G2 in my opinion, but well worth more than the cost IMO. GLWYS's. :cool:
Best regards.
Joe P

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom, I had Bob Dzuricky put one of these USkin softs on a test shaft that he made for me. Not too bad at all if I do say so myself. Really good tip for the $. Not as "grippy" as a G2 in my opinion, but well worth more than the cost IMO. GLWYS's. :cool:
Best regards.
Joe P

Not to diverge this thread, but you should have gone with the Ultra Skin "Pro" for grip.
IMHO
Gary

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not to diverge this thread, but you should have gone with the Ultra Skin "Pro" for grip.
IMHO
Gary

I didn't necessarily mean it as a negative. :wink: I believe too much "grip" can actually be a "bad" thing for the majority of players of less than a certain skill level. I will use a golf club analogy. The clubs that pro's use, aren't necessarily the same clubs an average amateur, would gain the most benefit from. I believe the USkin tips are VERY good tips, that a vast majority, and broad range of players would benefit from, and that is certainly not a knock...and, I am not suggesting that you were suggesting, that I was knocking the tips to begin with. :cool:
Regards.
j2

Last edited:

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't necessarily mean it as a negative. :wink: I believe too much "grip" can actually be a "bad" thing for the majority of players of less than a certain skill level. I will use a golf club analogy. The clubs that pro's use, aren't necessarily the same clubs an average amateur, would gain the most benefit from. I believe the USkin tips are VERY good tips, that a vast majority, and broad range of players would benefit from, and that is certainly not a knock...and, I am not suggesting that you were suggesting, that I was knocking the tips to begin with. :cool:
Regards.
j2
OK no problem.
Enjoy your weekend!
Gary

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Best regards.
Joe P

Thanks Joe. I don't compare the UltraSkins (Black Pig Leather) to anything but Black Pig Leather and the process used to make the UltraSkins, they have to be Black. I don't look at the selling price as a factor. I just felt the Cue Repair person was being robbed of profit, that was over 5 years ago.

We have been going at it for a long time on a more natural Leather Color that could pass the draw test from off set ball in side pocket with cue ball at long rail to draw (or stun)to away short rail without scratching. We now feel we can duplicate it exact 99 plus or minus % of time. We need just a hair more testing and should have tips for a much, much more wider field of players. My biggest problem is I can't see the Cue Repair people having to pay more than 4 - $5.00 a tip. Its still only Pig Skin.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Joe. I don't compare the UltraSkins (Black Pig Leather) to anything but Black Pig Leather and the process used to make the UltraSkins, they have to be Black. I don't look at the selling price as a factor. I just felt the Cue Repair person was being robbed of profit, that was over 5 years ago.

We have been going at it for a long time on a more natural Leather Color that could pass the draw test from off set ball in side pocket with cue ball at long rail to draw (or stun)to away short rail without scratching. We now feel we can duplicate it exact 99 plus or minus % of time. We need just a hair more testing and should have tips for a much, much more wider field of players. My biggest problem is I can't see the Cue Repair people having to pay more than 4 - $5.00 a tip. Its still only Pig Skin.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Your sentiment about trying to provide a quality product at a decent price point is spot on. That is one of the issues that I really struggled with myself when I decided to introduce the ferrule material that I researched. I still may yet have to raise my price just a nudge, but I am continuing to work with my supplier, and as long as I can contain my own costs, I will remain as fair as possible. At any rate, you have definitely hit the mark in my book. Your tips are really very good. In the limited time that I have had with mine, it has really been very predictable, and I say that as a high compliment.
Best regards, and continued good fortune with your sales.
Joe P.

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
I had a couple of soft played be myself and installed for frineds, and I can say that the soft is my absolute favorite tipp over all tipps I have ever played with. The medium is a bit too hard to me, the soft sometimes could be a little little bit harder, just a touch. Depending an the shaft and cue .. But in general the soft beats every other tipp.

I have read that the pro is soft if you see the durometer values, but the performance / feel goes in medium drection - this I have heard, don't know if this is bullshit or not. I'm not experienced with the pro. Can anybody give me an experience /review how the ultraskin pro compares to the ultraskin soft and ultraskin medium?

many thanks in advance

Last edited:

jkan101

jkan101
Silver Member
I had a couple of soft played be myself and installed for frineds, and I can say that the soft is my absolute favorite tipp over all tipps I have ever played with. The medium is a bit too hard to me, the soft sometimes could be a little little bit harder, just a touch. Depending an the shaft and cue .. But in general the soft beats every other tipp.

I have read that the pro is soft if you see the durometer values, but the performance / feel goes in medium drection - this I have heard, don't know if this is bullshit or not. I'm not experienced with the pro. Can anybody give me an experience /review how the ultraskin pro compares to the ultraskin soft and ultraskin medium?

many thanks in advance
Edited Sorry

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

10 - $25.00
20 - $50.00

Thanks,
Tom

Sale still on

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

10 - $25.00
20 - $50.00

Thanks,
Tom

Yep sales still going

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

10 - $25.00
20 - $50.00

Thanks,
Tom

Sale is still going

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
attachment.php

Fairly easy to install.
A little mist, sharp parting tool then a carbon Olfa blade to trim it flush.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

10 - $25.00
20 - $50.00

Thanks,
Tom

Sale is till going, thanks for an extended season