Unknown cue 🤔

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Had this for years and never been able to figure out who made it. Other than needing a refinish it’s solid and doesn’t feel cheaply made. The butt is 29 inches and the shaft is 29 1/4. The points are all close to even and the joint is roughly .865

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpeg
    IMG_1766.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1770.jpeg
    IMG_1770.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1769.jpeg
    IMG_1769.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1768.jpeg
    IMG_1768.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 191

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Had this for years and never been able to figure out who made it. Other than needing a refinish it’s solid and doesn’t feel cheaply made. The butt is 29 inches and the shaft is 29 1/4. The points are all close to even and the joint is roughly .865
Ted Harris pool cue in my opinion!

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be a Tai-Can Chinese cue. Those were made as well as a lot of US custom jobs.

Benelli

Maybe it's the photos but the veneers and the interior wood in the inlaid points don't look that crisp and well laid out to me.

The rings look cheap too.

Feels Filipino to me.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
The finish on the cue is bad, bad enough that it’s hard to get a good pic of the cue. Which is another reason I never put it for sale. I’ve had cheap imports to Haley’s, SW’s, Tasc’s and so on and to me this cue does not seem like a cookie cutter import…but I also don’t believe it’s some knockout. I get it out every few years thinking I’ll figure it out and no such luck.

Any input is input, good or bad and won’t hurt my feelins either way 😁 I might finally have it refinished and if so I’ll post it afterwards and maybe that’ll help a little…

Benelli

The finish on the cue is bad, bad enough that it’s hard to get a good pic of the cue. Which is another reason I never put it for sale. I’ve had cheap imports to Haley’s, SW’s, Tasc’s and so on and to me this cue does not seem like a cookie cutter import…but I also don’t believe it’s some knockout. I get it out every few years thinking I’ll figure it out and no such luck.

Any input is input, good or bad and won’t hurt my feelins either way 😁 I might finally have it refinished and if so I’ll post it afterwards and maybe that’ll help a little…
There are some dynamite Filipino makers, I did not mean that in a negative way at all. They have a unique style of cue-making and locals like some features more than the ones we value here in the States which gives them a distinct almost utilitarian visual look.

I have three Filipino cues, and only one of them have I been able to identify the maker.

Good Luck!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
There are some dynamite Filipino makers, I did not mean that in a negative way at all. They have a unique style of cue-making and locals like some features more than the ones we value here in the States which gives them a distinct almost utilitarian visual look.

I have three Filipino cues, and only one of them have I been able to identify the maker.

Good Luck!
I know what ya mean 😁 Your observation is good, the points and veneers do look less than superb. Which makes me think it’s made by someone with some knowledge but not an upper tier builder. I had a stable of those JD cues a few years ago and for being made overseas those were nice nice.

Does anyone know of any import makers that use a radial pin?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably 14/15 years ago I met a guy from Colorado who had quite a few of those import cues all with radial pins. He was going around the dfw to the speeds and clicks selling/trading cues. Guy would gamble a little but he was serious about moving cues.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I know what ya mean 😁 Your observation is good, the points and veneers do look less than superb. Which makes me think it’s made by someone with some knowledge but not an upper tier builder. I had a stable of those JD cues a few years ago and for being made overseas those were nice nice.

Does anyone know of any import makers that use a radial pin?

This is the generic Asian Ball screwused on many of the SW knockoffs from the early 2000s, it's an import from a generic factory

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Maybe that explains the poor finish. It might end up in the wall rack for a party beater
I would contact Ted Harris.

His early cues used double rings since Scruggs had single rings.

He used radial pins

He used brass ones

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Here’s a few more pics next to a Predator with their radial pin and a Revo screwed on the cue. The joint size is different but it screws on the same as it does on the Predator butt.

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpeg
    IMG_1788.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1787.jpeg
    IMG_1787.jpeg