Unreal Gareth Potts Chinese 9-ball show

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he was just putting fast racks so he could see that sign girl walk around...
Anyways. Most impressive stuff probably i have ever seen. Even with soft breaking. Those tables are no joke.

i almost wish for more money in "our" pool (or less in theirs) just to see what kind of damage the likes of gareth potts or chu bingjie could do

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was pretty impressive when he dipped his toe in US pool a few years back.

Like ronnie o., what could have been, of there was only incentive for it to be...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was pretty impressive when he dipped his toe in US pool a few years back.

Like ronnie o., what could have been, of there was only incentive for it to be...
Or am I confusing him with pettiman?

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how fit everybody looked. The black slacks were completely unnecessary. Even the #girl had black shorts. Customs...

9 ball with snooker pockets though... Balls need to be off the cushion... Pocket speed is the prime directive... Running the ball becomes unwise way short of standard pool skills...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Or am I confusing him with pettiman?

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.
So close, dude. And it's never a good day to stop sniffing glue.

CropperCapture[280].jpg

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
You guys are sniffing it? *wipes mouth*

Seriously, my high run on the Joy table is like 8 balls. That was seriously impressive.

I just can't help but think the snooker stance looks incredibly uncomfortable on some of those overhead views though.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... That was seriously impressive.

I just can't help but think the snooker stance looks incredibly uncomfortable on some of those overhead views though.
Some of the contortion may be from playing left handed with his right eye over the stick. I wonder whether he will have physical problems over time. But, yes, this was certainly impressive on those tables, despite the effects of the racking template.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Potts waiting for a flood? Those pants are goofy as hell. Guy shoots straighter than Dick Tracy.

Geosnookery

Potts is Mark Selby’s brother in law. Mark is 3 time world Shooker champion and a big sports star in China. Potts was trained as Snooker player and likely would have cracked the top 50 in rankings if he kept at it.

Potts went to China and hooked up with Joy billiards tables...they own 1300 billiard clubs in China and Potts is their front image. Many top snooker players make more on promo events in China than they do on the table.

Potts, Selby and OSullivan are big time into fitness and healthy lifestyle. This makes them positive role models for Chinese youth and that they are in the good books of Chinese authorities. Things such as game shows in China are big on promoting youth and vitality. Sports and entertainment stars in China are expected to be positive role models.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I think he was just putting fast racks so he could see that sign girl walk around...
Anyways. Most impressive stuff probably i have ever seen. Even with soft breaking. Those tables are no joke.
Impressive for sure. Does he win the tournament? Also, when was this?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Impressive for sure. Does he win the tournament? Also, when was this?
i don´t really know. Just somehow saw video on my youtube recommended page and checked it out. I thought it was 8-ball and when i saw soft break i almost stopped watching. I am happy i did not.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does somebody needs to change the batteries in the smoke detector?

That chirping in the background bugs the piss out of me.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how fit everybody looked. The black slacks were completely unnecessary. Even the #girl had black shorts. Customs...

9 ball with snooker pockets though... Balls need to be off the cushion... Pocket speed is the prime directive... Running the ball becomes unwise way short of standard pool skills...

chris melling isn't that fit and he finished 2nd in the world championship there some year ago. although i think chris would be even better if he lost some weight

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
chris melling isn't that fit and he finished 2nd in the world championship there some year ago. although i think chris would be even better if he lost some weight
Kid Delicious, Steve Mizerak, Buddy Hall, Tony Ellin......the list can go on and on with overweight players that excelled at the game of pool.

Maniac

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Melling wasn't in the Potts match though. Melling passes for watchable because he shoots so accurately and that baby face makes the obesity look natural. lol

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Melling wasn't in the Potts match though. Melling passes for watchable because he shoots so accurately and that baby face makes the obesity look natural. lol
lol

playing c8b he does get out of shape (no pun intended) quite often but saves it by crazy pots. it is always watchable whatever game he plays, but no doubt he could win more than he has done considering his skill level. stamina, maybe?