Update on the Des Moines pool scene

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meatloaf

Whats Dogs address? Too late tonight but might take a peek before heading to Ankeny in the AM.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meatloaf

Whats Dogs address? Too late tonight but might take a peek before heading to Ankeny in the AM.

SE 14th Street, south of I-80/I-35; just South past the Casey's. Right on the way to Ankeny.

Look for a building with Stone front.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the directions. Stopped and "tried" to look through the window. Too dark but from what I could see it looks like a beautiful place.

Subliminal hint: Maybe 3Cushion table stuck in a dark corner?????????

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah - I guess that part of the world IS 'Northeast' , but it sounds like you found it anyway.

I'm all for 3 cushion if there is a snooker table present....

ME
I know there's a couple of real good players in town. They go to Marshalltown to play. They would help build that business I'm sure. Not sure if Blue Note is gonna last. Don't have the latest. It would be a real shame. Iowa would be down to 1 public table Ottumwa at that point and about 50 players (maybe more) 22 of which are USBA members.

Iowa has a long history with this game and several folks like John and Bob Jacobson and Bob Byrne trying to keep it going with regular local tournaments and yearly regional tournaments.

Sure would be nice to have a table or two back in Des Moines. Its very rare that I don't pass right through town and do the extra 40 miles to Marshalltown just for the tables. I'd say 2 years since the last time I spent the night in Des Moines.

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
I'm hoping what I heard is true. Maybe another week or two but I'm not getting my hopes up. Just praying to dear God for real equipment

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
I heard week from Wednesday or so from a very inside source but I think that's a little optimistic

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk

JarrodE

Normal
Silver Member
I heard tonight from someone that it's going to be open in a couple of weeks. Marc said he would let us know when he's for sure. I'm not getting my hopes up believing rumors until I either see the Open sign on or until one of the owners posts it on here.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same weekend as the ISPA tournament? That week from Thursday??

Bummer - I was hoping to attend the opening.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tomorrow. According to an employee.

I must have missed you in the crowd(Sarcasm) -- I woulda said HI :thumbup:

Good thing I was on my way to Smokies anyway, otherwise it would have been a waste of $9 gas...:embarrassed2:

Looking forward to ISPA in 5 days -- can't wait to start each year's tournament, it seems. :grin:

Gotta swim in the deep end this year -- I wonder if my little arm floaties are against the dress code.:rolleyes: You'll see me -- the one clinging to the side of the pool for dear life.... :eek:

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally

Pictures of NEW Big Dog! :dance::woot:

Thanks to Iowa Pool Players for taking some pictures of the new place we are dying to see! :eek:k:

AND play in!:happydance: