US Open 9-ball updates thread..

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
3 STEP PROGRAM ON HOW TO FIX THIS:

1. Get off the CRACK (Bar Box). Burn them. Not good for the game. Teaches and propagates poor fundamentals.
2. Youth programs.
3. Refer to #1 & #2

It's no fluke that Fedor started on Russian Pyramid Tables (10 x 5 or 12 x 6 as standard). Trains on 10Foot Diamond. World class before 20. Kaci snooker etc...
I don’t know about how Fedor started, but Klenti most definitely did not start on snooker tables. He never played it until his Albanian Federation asked him to play. By then he was already an established American Pool (9-ball, 10-ball) professional.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why

lol now that's funny 😂, As I said earlier he had no chance playing upper tier players but has a great skill set , put him with Chip Klein for a yr his game would jump way up zero doubt,
He might be here for just for the challenge but my guess he's getting paid to be here ,to help promote rotation pool in the U.K. for Match Room as their putting on events like the U.K. Open next yr , that's why he's been on the TV table so often ,

100%. Right or wrong, that’s why he’s on the TV table each of his matches. Matchroom playing the promotional thing. Brilliant of them.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree dog races are fun to sweat. Perfect pool can get dry. Watching C players can get old until you bet on them. Even that’s fun, sweating to see if they land on the right side of the next shot makes for great action!
We rarely do get on the right side, do we? Highly entertaining!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dead money is what makes up the prize fund. 240 players x $750 = $180,000 from players entry fees, $120,000 added, collected from all the vendors, including Diamond. Then Matchroom sells the streamed content to 14 other subscription streaming platforms around the world for $Millions, DAZN is just one of those platforms. That's what promoters do, they don't sponsor the events.
I wish it was that easy. But it's not.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I don’t know about how Fedor started, but Klenti most definitely did not start on snooker tables. He never played it until his Albanian Federation asked him to play. By then he was already an established American Pool (9-ball, 10-ball) professional.
His brother is a young snooker player. He has mentioned many times that he trains with his brother and that he can no longer beat him but he plays to keep his game sharp and progress his brother

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i think fedor said in an interview that he started playing pyramid

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAY 4- Judgement Day
Only 16 players will remain end of today for the last 16 Single Elmination stage which starts tomorrow

Now that J Trump is on Losers side, he is demoted to Table 2 :LOL:
Lots of great matches on other tables that will not be streamed :( Too bad Matchroom does not allow cameras for other tables
Brackets https://cuescore.com/tournament/bracket/?id=9209905

day4 uso.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incredible Stats for De Luna whitewash 11-0 over Alex.
De Luna potted all 99 balls (11 racks x9). Alex did not pot a single ball
De Luna B&R 4 racks which means 7 racks were either pushouts, safety battles that De Luna won or fouls by Alex

de luna alex.jpg

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It also shows that alex only missed (oop's) didn't pot one ball. So how long before it's not called the U.S. Open? Imean with us now having pot's in the mix.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a direct link for table 2's matches? The url for those matches seems to change every day.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Battle of JTs
J Trump v J Theron (Loser goes home)
Theron is Fargo 741 slightly higher than his opponent in 3rd match so Trump has good chance to win this match. They are not playing on TV table so Trump should not expect many gifts from Theron :LOL: