US Open 9-ball updates thread..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course you are right zero chance, but sub zero chance that a pool player wins a ranked Snooker event , Alex and Corey both tried hard to just qualify for a ranking event and fell flat on their face ,I can't see any reason why a good Snooker player if not paid to play and zero doubt Trump was would play

Sub zero? "I can't see any reason why a good Snooker player if not paid to play and zero doubt Trump was would play." What exactly does this mean?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
World champion title, and 10 consecutive racks to win the US Open finals match, I say yes.
Oh yeah! 2021 U.S. Open Champion Carlo Biado!!

Attachments

• 241649458_401227954863483_8360109531009002631_n (1).jpg
    241649458_401227954863483_8360109531009002631_n (1).jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 141

L.S. Dennis

best produced tournament in recent memory, absolutely outstanding!

congrats to Carlo!
Ditto, this one was really well done. It sound like this will be duplicated in the ‘UK’ Open possibly next year. And if that one goes well could a possible Continental Open be in the works in the future? Let’s hope so.
Congrats to Carlo

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World champion title, and 10 consecutive racks to win the US Open finals match, I say yes.

absolutely amazing feat. i was rooting for yapp and lost a few bucks but i admire anyone who does a comeback like carlo did. and he did it twice. a true champion.

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Yapp lost not because he cannot match Biado's potting ability, but because of missing some experience when faced with difficult situations. Shots that others would not take, Biado would go for it. Yapp should practice more with Filipino players as Singapore is closer to Manila.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Yeah, Biado fought hard as hell his last two matches in particular, to overcome two big deficits, on the TV table, with everyone watching. It really was a hell of a finish to win the US Open.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
w e l l...
picked up where I left off on page 56 yesterday, rationalized each line on each page to this point to realize yapp isn't alone, I was on the hill for nearly an hour last night.
It's great for all the talk about (y)

L.S. Dennis

Let me preface by saying that I don’t all of Carlo’s tournament wins but that said I don’t think one US Open gets you in there. But if he continues to win over the years who knows,

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me preface by saying that I don’t all of Carlo’s tournament wins but that said I don’t think one US Open gets you in there. But if he continues to win over the years who knows,
He won the WPA world championship in 2017.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado lost to Filler in the WPA World 9b finals in 2018.

Anyone with the scores for Yapp and Biado vs their opponents for the tournament?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I wonder if Yapps tournament average TPA is over .900
According to Mike Page's Fargo update on Facebook:

Yapp performed at a blistering 875 for 131 games in the US Open.

Over the US Open and the two Vegas events, Yapp performed at a whopping 851 (298 games) for all three events.

Yapp has raised his Fargo Rate 15 points, 800 to 815, in just two weeks.

For the US Open:

11-5 over SVB
11-4 over Filler
11-6 over Orcollo

Damn.

Shane remains top dog on Fargo at 830 now.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado lost to Filler in the WPA World 9b finals in 2018.

Anyone with the scores for Yapp and Biado vs their opponents for the tournament?

Yapp 7-1
Overall games won/lost: 81-47 (63%)

Biado 9-1
Overall games won/lost: 102-63 (62%)

geoff_182

Sub zero? "I can't see any reason why a good Snooker player if not paid to play and zero doubt Trump was would play." What exactly does this mean?
I'll try to help him out a bit with his grammar:

I can't see any reason why a good snooker player, if they weren't paid to play (and zero doubt Trump was paid), would play.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yapp 7-1
Overall games won/lost: 81-47 (63%)

Biado 9-1
Overall games won/lost: 102-63 (62%)
Looks like you're missing a match for each of them (info from the bracket):

Carlo Biado
Steve Fleming 9-2​
Vincent Beaurivage 9-3​
Mika Immonen 11-1​
David Alcaide 5-11​
Daniel Schneider 11-3​
Jeffrey De Luna 11-6​
Jayson Shaw 11-8​
David Alcaide 11-10​
Johann Chua 11-10​
Naoyuki Oi 11-9​
Aloysius Yapp 13-8​

Biado Total -- 113-71 (61.4% winning percentage)​
Aloysius Yapp
Devin Poteet 9-5​
Reinaldo Dendariarena 9-1​
Wojciech Szewczyk 11-10​
Joshua Filler 11-4​
Mickey Krause 11-3​
Shane Van Boening 11-5​
Rodrigo Geronimo 11-6​
Dennis Orcollo 11-6​
Carlo Biado 8-13​
Yapp Total -- 92-53 (63.4%)​

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB's game-winning percentages for each of his 5 US Open wins were, in order: 64%, 70%, 66%, 60%, and 60% (total in 5 wins = 64%).

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Did you guys see a darts event right now on dazn? I just tuned in, it looks like a finals, with a man vs a woman.

IDK if Matchroom is behind this also?
Darts actually has a female player that can hang with the big boys.

Fallon Sherrock was actually leading 6-3 in the finals of a big event (Nordic Dart Masters) until losing to the greatest player of the last decade. She won 11-10 in the semi finals after a player choked after being up 7-1 lol.

Barry Hearn pretty much owns darts.