US Open 9-ball updates thread..

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I just now noticed the players are not wearing masks. Its about time:) Does anyone know if corona tests were required?

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with all of this but thought he broke better than B.
I agree with you. I also think it's rare for any pro to play B+ or better all round for the duration of a tournament under the TV lights. Trump played better than I expected. We could equally call Shaw out on his positional play but would never do so because he has proved over and over again that he leaves more distance than other top pros between the cue and object ball yet still makes the shots.

After one match how is Trump doing? So far, so good.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those saying Boyes withdrew, he was never in in the first place. He's said many times that he can't be bothered to play any more.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those saying Boyes withdrew, he was never in in the first place. He's said many times that he can't be bothered to play any more.
CEE90B1D-7A57-4866-9505-7B100254CA63.jpeg

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the recap after Fillers match he said live on camera he had a match at 1:30. You can go watch it. He was absolutely supposed to play and withdrew.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the recap after Fillers match he said live on camera he had a match at 1:30. You can go watch it. He was absolutely supposed to play and withdrew.
Yes I am aware of that. He was added because there was a spare slot. He has now withdrawn for reasons that are known to him. He might let us know those reasons and he might not. He was never in in the first place.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s interesting that in Vegas a few days ago everyone - players, refs, audience - was masked, but here in New Jersey it looks like almost no one is.
Yeah, I was shocked. Especially being NJ the state is super liberal. I believe Hopkins moved his expo out of there because they were raping him in taxes.