US Open 9-ball updates thread..

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome. Long overdue for pool nation like UK to have its own new event added. More importantly, Matchroom/Emily is talking about full calendar of events, ranking points in other words- a proper pool world tour :LOL:

ukopen1 - Copy.JPG

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Emily stated that she's trying to grow 9 Ball in the UK. Sounds right given how many top players hail from Europe at the moment.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome. Long overdue for pool nation like UK to have its own new event added. More importantly, Matchroom/Emily is talking about full calendar of events, ranking points in other words- a proper pool world tour :LOL:

View attachment 609837
Pool is looking pretty in Pink!

Just got the e-mail from Matchroom. They are adding the UK Pool Open in May next year. Guaranteed $200,000 purse, open to 256 players with an entry of only $250. Sounds like a winner to me. Thanks again to Matchroom for leading the way and Predator for their new events. A true Pro Pool Tour is looking more and more like a reality. A pool player (or players) might actually make over 200K in a year playing pool, something that has rarely been done, except for the one year of the IPT.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Mickey Krause who just beat Billy Thorpe?
Young talented player from Denmark. If my memory serves me well he had gold and other medals at the European championships for youth where all the talents from Europe usually gain the experience and improve as the players. And competition over there is pretty tough. That's a "school" which served really well for so many talents here in Europe.
He's young so his best achievements are hopefully onwards.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll lay out $50 at 100-1 Jay.

Jaden
Is your name Yates? He has now gone one round further so I will give you 50-1 on $50 at this point in the tournament. Must confirm by 10:30 PST!

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
6-3 Judd. His opponent started to struggle. It's not perfect pool, but it may just come down to Judd not being as phased by the crowd and cameras.