US Open 9-ball updates thread..

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have it backwards, pool was dead and bar pool kept it alive.
Bar league pool is unrecognizable as big table pool. Like badminton to tennis or mini golf to the PGA.

Long as corporate run league pool dominates, we aren't going to produce much new talent.

I see the sane thing out if the pool halls, maybe one or two guys advancing to A level or higher. People are allergic to putting in the work.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh stop
Goddam leagues are the death of real pool
You got 95 percent of the US pool population playing for patches and 5 inch trophies
If it wasnt for leagues, there would be a total of 10 pool tables in the whole of the United States, and you know it.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya but no pool player on earth will be more entertaining if they win than Oi , I say Oi Oi Oi and give me the Oi dance ,
I love Earl , Kieth , Mike the mouth but this guy has a likable it factor all can love

1 '
Yeah but he also played Fedor with noticeable intensity. He is a ferocious competitor.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Breaking news: The English Cricket Federation has bought the rights to the world series and will be sending cricket officials to America to umpire the games. What could possibly go wrong?

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Bar league pool is unrecognizable as big table pool. Like badminton to tennis or mini golf to the PGA.

Long as corporate run league pool dominates, we aren't going to produce much new talent.

I see the sane thing out if the pool halls, maybe one or two guys advancing to A level or higher. People are allergic to putting in the work.

Shane just spent 4 days beating the best in the world an he got 6k for his efforts!

Let's not forget about expenses like airfare, hotel and food!

He puts in the work and the reward does not match the work load......

Please note, the quote work is being put in! Not everyone is lucky enough to have the cuetec sponsor gig. They are the only one compensating pool players! Everyone else is giving peanuts and the level of loyalty reflects it!

There are a few players that work hard and can't make the numbers work out financially....

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Shane just spent 4 days beating the best in the world an he got 6k for his efforts!

Please note, the quote work is being put in! Not everyone is lucky enough to have the cuetec sponsor gig. They are the only one compensating pool players! Everyone else is giving peanuts and the level of loyalty reflects it!

There are a few players that work hard and can't make the numbers work out financially....

Kd

Working your butt off to become top of the food chain at your craft and getting not much for it? Sounds like the music business these days...

I bought an new Cuetec Cynergy True Wood Walnut Wrapless Cue... I don't think I'll be playing with anything else now... Thanks Shane...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kd

Cuetec puts their sponsorship eggs in only a few baskets. Predator doles out smaller amounts to more players worldwide. IMO pool is finally trending upward but still has long way to go.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Breaking news: The English Cricket Federation has bought the rights to the world series and will be sending cricket officials to America to umpire the games. What could possibly go wrong?

You might not realise it, but that (in reverse) is how most English cricket fans feel about our new competition this summer, ha (essentially they appear to be trying to make it more Baseball like and no-one is really impressed)!!!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What gets commonly overlooked is if your a kid in the USA with good eye hand. coordinated and athletic, pool is way down the list of sports / games to play , basically it's a I got nothing to do rainy day game here ,

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Cuetec puts their sponsorship eggs in only a few baskets. Predator doles out smaller amounts to more players worldwide. IMO pool is finally trending upward but still has long way to go.
I am skeptical! I would rather someone corner the market regarding pool content..

Too many chefs and too many people trying to eat .....

Plus, rotation pool is a horrible game ! One pocket is growing exponentially...

A match where Alex never makes a ball and did very little except lag is unexceptable. Both guys should have chances! Winner breaks and 11 games later Alex missed one shot and sent packing is horrible no matter how you look at it...

Kd

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am skeptical! I would rather someone corner the market regarding pool content..

A match where Alex never makes a ball and did very little except lag is unexceptable. Both guys should have chances! Winner breaks and 11 games later Alex missed one shot and sent packing is horrible no matter how you look at it...

Kd

I like 1p but it will never have general market appeal. Same as 14.1 Both are games for pool-nuts/purists only. US Open has been winner break since it started. That stuff happens. I myself love seeing players run big packages.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not sure that is necessarily the case...

I'm a (UK based) cue sports fan, perhaps not as knowledgeable as many on here, but I presume I follow things more closely than 'the man on the street', I don't even really know what one pocket is, I've heard it mentioned plenty of times on here, but I've never actually seen it and never once seen a tournament advertised ever (I get that in the US its different, I'm merely making the point that I don't think perhaps exponential growth is being realistic).

9-Ball is made for TV, its quick, dynamic and whilst not to everyone's taste it is the most marketable of all the pool games...I would perhaps suggest 14.1 except I think snooker has that slot filled up already, so 9-Ball fits in nicely for Matchroom as the faster paced more dynamic game to go with the longer snooker format.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
What gets commonly overlooked is if your a kid in the USA with good eye hand. coordinated and athletic, pool is way down the list of sports / games to play , basically it's a I got nothing to do rainy day game here ,

"It's a game for grandpas" is how I heard it described recently by a teenager.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FFS what it I want to watch it when I get off work? Or tomorrow? Or next week? Next Year? What's your workaround for that?

There should be a damned scoreboard visible in the video and Matchroom should have already thought of that. Without it you just watch people banging balls around like chimpanzees.

No wonder Pro Pool is in the shitter. Common sense does not seem common sadly.

Fcuking pay some Youtuber or someone to hardcode score in the video for you so you can watch in future then
Obviously, we all know pool is in sxxtter, duh. It ain't major sports, it is what it is.
You ask for help and few folks here try to help you but instead you continue to be negative about it.
We are not your fcuking dogcatchers. :ROFLMAO:

If you unhappy about the Youtube free stream, please complain to Emily Frazer /Matchroom at any of their contacts/social media below:
https://www.instagram.com/emfrazer/?hl=en
https://www.facebook.com/emilyfrazersports
https://www.facebook.com/matchroompool/
Matchroom Multi Sport Ltd
Mascalls, Mascalls Lane,
Brentwood, Essex, England CM14 5LJ
+44 (0)1277 359 900
pool@matchroom.com

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kd

But that’s what makes our (sport-game) unique. Is there another where you may not even get a chance?Lifes not always fair and they are trying to beat each other’s heads in for a payday.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL DAY (SEMIFINALS & FINAL)
All 3 matches on Table 1 (Dazn , Matchroom Live). No free Youtube stream

LIVE SCORE
https://cuescore.com/tournament/US+Open+Pool+Championship+2021/9209905
BRACKETS
https://cuescore.com/tournament/bracket/?id=9209905

finalday uso.jpg