US Open hard to watch

king cut

Registered
Is anyone else finding it hard to watch, no shot clock on the tv table is brutally slow and the purple 5 ball is so distracting.
Everytime I try to watch it gets frustrating,bend down look and stands up 5 or six times or more, walk around the table 3 times on the simplest shots.
Also how can you have a tournament were some players have 1 lose and are eliminated and other 1 lose player is still playing? Why would they want a tournament that could have the whole field have 1 lose but still have a champion? Just when pool seems to be having a resurgence they feel like they have to make changes to me are a negative!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to complain from this end, when it's FREE with NO commercials and commentary that times that can be..............................?
I don’t want to knock MR as they are doing a lot for pool.

The purple 5 is beyond bad.

The rest I can live with. I’ve sweated a few matches with a couple friends while talking on the phone-was fun.

I’m just glad we are past all the BS and at a live venue and people are there. Let’s not forget what was going on a couple years ago. Let’s be grateful that pool is being played-even if the 5 is the WRONG color. And I’m working on fixing that.

Best
Fatboy 🧡🧡💪

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t want to knock MR as they are doing a lot for pool.

The purple 5 is beyond bad.

The rest I can live with. I’ve sweated a few matches with a couple friends while talking on the phone-was fun.

I’m just glad we are past all the BS and at a live venue and people are there. Let’s not forget what was going on a couple years ago. Let’s be grateful that pool is being played-even if the 5 is the WRONG color. And I’m working on fixing that.

Best
Fatboy 🧡🧡💪
I knew this comment would be here when I read the title! lol
And I agree, I hate that purple 5.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2830D848-1836-4151-ACD9-7437AEE1B2AC.jpeg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely love the new ball colors. They should have done this decades ago! Hell, make them all purple. But a shot clock would be nice. Kaci seemed to take forever in the match I saw. Overall it’s a great stream, especially considering it’s free.
Bonus Ball

Purple and orange with gray cloth and black tables hmmmmmm🤔🤔

Best
Fatboy😃😃

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely love the new ball colors. They should have done this decades ago! Hell, make them all purple. But a shot clock would be nice. Kaci seemed to take forever in the match I saw. Overall it’s a great stream, especially considering it’s free.
Make them all the same color but with bigger numbers so us old guys can see them better

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know which match the op is talking about regarding slow play but look at the bright side. You can get up from the computer to go take a leak and when you get back you don't miss anything. Still agonizing over the same shot.

It's free. I'm not complaining. Okay maybe a little.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t mind slow play, I get it. The benefit of slow play is a higher standard of play. Rushing key shots usually ends up going wrong. So when a player is faced with a very difficult shot/decision I like to see their best effort not a rush to beat the clock shot. That’s how I look at it. Half full or half empty type of logic.

What I can’t stand is when a player is slow walking routine shots and throw-ins. That’s the drawback of not having a shot clock.

My 3¢’s

FunChamp

I'll throw my 2 cents in and then wait to be murdered. I can barely stand to watch what the game has become. I can only watch certain players. Cookie cutter robots. Everybody with their stupid pre shot routines, walking totally around the table checking a line on every single shot no matter how simple the shot or position. You know where your rock needs to be.......SHOOT THE D***N BALL! Stroking their cue in the air 50x, step into the shot, all looking like snooker players.
It's f****** brutal. No style, flair, individuality. Used to have Keith smoking and sipping a beer. Now we get sissy tight pants and guys sipping on fruit smoothies wearing shirts that look like a NASCAR hood. Folks really think this is better or great? I'm 50 years old now. For 30 of it I've been hearing about this or that to make pool big time. Not going to happen. It's a niche activity. So be it. I love pool and this crap is painful to watch. Tighter pockets doesn't make things better. Not snooker, not meant to be. The cloth is to fast and the balls to reactive. You can fart and send whitey 3 rails. Used to need a stroke to play. AND THE 5 BALL IS ORANGE!!!

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you 100 percent, I love Pool, but some things don’t need to be studied to death. I know that everyone doesn’t play at the same speed or pace, and some calm themselves or try to be consistent by doing the exact same thing on every Shot, but it is Brutal.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll throw my 2 cents in and then wait to be murdered. I can barely stand to watch what the game has become. I can only watch certain players. Cookie cutter robots. Everybody with their stupid pre shot routines, walking totally around the table checking a line on every single shot no matter how simple the shot or position. You know where your rock needs to be.......SHOOT THE D***N BALL! Stroking their cue in the air 50x, step into the shot, all looking like snooker players.
It's f****** brutal. No style, flair, individuality. Used to have Keith smoking and sipping a beer. Now we get sissy tight pants and guys sipping on fruit smoothies wearing shirts that look like a NASCAR hood. Folks really think this is better or great? I'm 50 years old now. For 30 of it I've been hearing about this or that to make pool big time. Not going to happen. It's a niche activity. So be it. I love pool and this crap is painful to watch. Tighter pockets doesn't make things better. Not snooker, not meant to be. The cloth is to fast and the balls to reactive. You can fart and send whitey 3 rails. Used to need a stroke to play. AND THE 5 BALL IS ORANGE!!!
Not murdering you here. But complaining about all that stuff we can't change distracts from the important viewing problem we can change. The F***n ball colors. Arggggh.

I can't follow the flow of the game. When the break happens I want to scan the layout and see the runout, safety opportunities, assess the overall strategy. That's impossible with these F***n ball colors.

It makes the game too much effort to watch. And far less interesting. I quit watching any matches except the big ones I'm interested in, like SVB and Gorst. Otherwise, it's not worth the effort when I can't follow the layout, assess what I think I would do, then watch a master do it the right way. That's the fun of watching and these F***n ball colors are murdering it for me.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
they are playing in a tournament with no shot clock and no time penalties.

so looking at every line each shot gives them a big advantage as they get to see exactly each time where they can be best.

it just ruins the game for spectators who pay part of the bills.