US Open News from Accu-Stats <<<======{{{{{

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are all the past champions who are receiving a free entry. Last year this job proved to tough for the promoter to handle properly. :rolleyes:

I think it's best for everyone and for the sport to have free entry ONLY for those that won it more than once, which makes them a deserving entry, because winning one time can be due to luck and some good play, some people need to prove that they werent lucky and when they do, they can get a free entry :)

and this will solve so many problems I think. only few won it more than once.

Nick Varner
Earl Strickland
Shane Van Boening
Mika Immonen
Darren Appelton

Maybe I missed someone here? sorry.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think it's best for everyone and for the sport to have free entry ONLY for those that won it more than once, which makes them a deserving entry, because winning one time can be due to luck and some good play, some people need to prove that they werent lucky and when they do, they can get a free entry :)

and this will solve so many problems I think. only few won it more than once.

Nick Varner
Earl Strickland
Shane Van Boening
Mika Immonen
Darren Appelton

Maybe I missed someone here? sorry.

I opined more than once that only the defending champ should get a free entry.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I opined more than once that only the defending champ should get a free entry.

Or, at least roll back to the last 5 years....max. Giving past champs like Nick,Mike,Buddy, and even Earl(as much as I hate to say it) a free entry, is goofy. When was the last time Nick or Mike even showed up?

Jay, please don't give up on this event. Especially now.

You bring more to the table, than anyone else could.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Here is a look at the seating chart.
AS seating USO16.jpg

for all the info, go to
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Last edited:

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
I had a really bad experience there last year, probably the worst in all my years of directing tournaments. The really sad part is that the abusive nature of it continued for months after I returned home. Some people are just toxic for us and it's best for our own well being that we avoid them.

Jay,

I understand your reluctance based on last year. You did do the right thing however and that's why I hope you are involved once again. You have demonstrated an impeccable level of competence and integrity in this industry for longer than I've been on this earth and that is a rare thing when pool is concerned. Whatever your decision, Godspeed to you, Sensei.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Here is a look at the players list.

USOplayers 7 21 16.PNG

Beat the rush, sign up to play soon. :yeah:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
I have been talking to a friend in Taipei and in Addition to John's teams of all stars there will be about 6 more of their top players coming so add 10 since they only have Kevin on the list........

Sounds good.

It's about time we keep an eye on the list. :yeah:

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been talking to a friend in Taipei and in Addition to John's teams of all stars there will be about 6 more of their top players coming so add 10 since they only have Kevin on the list........

So that means the typhoon has checked in???????:))))))) and their buddies , the category five hurricanes!!!! This is great news!

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
players list 8 12 16.PNG

Taiwan has checked in !!!

Big wave of players gonna be signing up soon.
Don't get shut out.

:yeah:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
players list 9 2 16 uso.PNG
Players starting to roll in now,
Don't get shut out.
Or don't let your players get shutout.
This is gonna be spectacular !!!

:yeah:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Open Qualifers around the Country

I've asked this before. Since it's OPEN where are the US Open qualifiers in the US ?????? I also think it would be PROPER to give the US Amateur Champion, and last years Open winner only, free entrance. We should tie in the amateurs (all greats were amateurs at one time) with the pros, as this type of evolution was the road tennis took to help the pros get to where they are at today.

Sorry to sort of hijack this thread but can anyone tell me if accu-stats DVD's will play in a UK PAL DVD player?

I cannot tell you with dead certainty but I think no. The PAL has nothing to do with region coding and plays no part.

If AccuStats DVD's are coded for region 1 only (I do not know) then they won't work in other DVD players unless they are "region free" players. They only cost $50 or $60 (I have 2 of them). "Region Free" players can play DVD's from any of the 6 regions.

From here:https://www.sjbproductions.com/web_pages/tip_video/ntsc_pal.htm

RBL

The three differences between NTSC discs and PAL discs are:
1) Picture size and pixel aspect ratio (720x480 vs 720x576),
2) Display frame rate (30 vs 25),
3) Video from film is usually encoded at 24 frames/sec. but is preformatted for one of the two display rates. Movies formatted for PAL display are usually sped up by 4% at playback, so the audio must be adjusted accordingly before being encoded.

What does "DVD Region" mean?
Discs are also coded for different regions of the world. The Movie Industry has divided the global DVD marketplace into six regional zones. This regional coding system was introduced to combat piracy. It also allows film distributors to stagger theatrical and DVD movie releases across the world's various markets. Thus a film can be released for sale on DVD in one territory only, with access to the disc restricted via regional coding so that this DVD cannot be viewed on a DVD player from another differently coded territory where the film may not have even been released in cinemas yet.

Under regional coding, all DVD movies are marked with a regional code that prevents one region's (DVD's) disks being played on another region's DVD player.

The world's six DVD regions are:
Region 1: United States and it's Territories
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa and the Middle East
Region 3: Southeast Asia and East Asia
Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central and South America
Region 5: Indian Subcontinent, Former Soviet Union and Africa
Region 6: China
Region 0: Can be played on all DVD players regardless of their specific regional coding.