USPS-DO YOU THINK MY PACKAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I bought a cue off of a lady who won it in a raffle for a great price. She mailed it out on Saturday. Tracking hasn't updated since she dropped it off at post office except to say it departed the initial post office. It was supposed to be delivered Tuesday as it's only like 5-6 states away.

I know, I know, way to early to have major concerns but I've probably had over 100 cues shipped to me and never once has there been no tracking update like this before. I've also bought 7 other cues during this pandemic and no issues from USPS like this before.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i bought some shafts from a cue maker in new york
same thing the tracking was never updated.
i did get the shafts about a week or so later

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt your concerns are valid at this point- happens about 30% of the time with USPS these days. I have never had a package just not delivered at all. I am talking about 500 USPS packages over the last 15 years! Both going and coming.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Mailed on Saturday, three days later (less Sunday and Wednesday holiday) you're thinking it might be gone for good?

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here at the Post Office, I think I can explain......our forklift gets stuck sometimes and the only thing we can do is grab a couple parcels and place them under the wheels so the forklift can gain some traction. Sure, we hear some crackling and smashing sounds, but the packages are insured. Probably the tracking sticker was damaged. We still deliver flattened packages. I ship my cues UPS or FEDEX.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know you are worried but still shouldn't be. Some of the cues I was expecting lately and some that I sent out were in mail for two and a half months. That's how long it took them to arrive and that's how sloppy, slow and non professional USPS is lately.

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 hours ago USPS could not give me a deviery time for my package. now i'm expecting it in about 2 hours. maybe just an immense buffering problem. i prefer fedex shipments.

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
I have literally mailed hundreds of cues via USPS. They can be maddening sometimes, but they've never completely let me down. I sent a cue overnight once and it didn't arrive for over three weeks. I ended up getting a call from the Post Office saying they had found the cue and they sent the cue on it's merry way. The customer got it the next day. Good luck!

terpdad

Registered
I have ordered some Christmas presents in the past couple weeks. Every one of them has had delayed shipping &/or tracking. Probably a little slower, but fine.

jshaw

Registered
USPS has the worst tracking process but I'm sure its in transit. I would not worry, just keep waiting.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a cue off of a lady who won it in a raffle for a great price. She mailed it out on Saturday. Tracking hasn't updated since she dropped it off at post office except to say it departed the initial post office. It was supposed to be delivered Tuesday as it's only like 5-6 states away.

I know, I know, way to early to have major concerns but I've probably had over 100 cues shipped to me and never once has there been no tracking update like this before. I've also bought 7 other cues during this pandemic and no issues from USPS like this before.
Not unusual occurrence for USPS these days. Most likely, it will show up within the next week.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Shipped numerous items in the last 8 months. This has been happening with the tracking far too often.

Your odds at this point are no better or worse than 50/50.

Two weeks ago, an item with tracking issues finally showed up out of the blue, after it was written off in late July.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
USPS has been a cluster for months

hang in, you'll get your pkg

UPS has been MUCH more reliable

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
USPS Priority Mail used to be faster (compared to ground or 3-day), cheaper and super reliable.

Then 2020 arrived, and they're a cluster. The Mongolian variety.

I ship daily. For 10 years, less than one damaged annually, using Priority Mail. Now it's 2-3 damaged per month, plus countless
6-10 day deliveries instead of 2-3 days. And their prices have skyrocketed.

Switching to UPS.

Hope you cue arrives safely.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a cue sent to me from Texas a little over 3 months ago via USPS. Tracking showed the package accepted & departed from the shipping origin. Tracking wasn't updated for two weeks until it hit the destination distribution center.

Hang in there!!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
8 hours ago USPS could not give me a deviery time for my package. now i'm expecting it in about 2 hours. maybe just an immense buffering problem. i prefer fedex shipments.
Problem with FedEx in my complex is they just leave stuff down at the garage which has about 20 apartment garages on one spot. With the pandemic, they don't enforce signature required at any of the delivery places now so they just leave stuff and if tracking doesn't immediately update,package will just be sitting there for people to take. At least most of the time USPS at least puts it at front door and even UPS last week when it was raining just left a case of wine by the garage which required signature that any kid could've taken.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I also ship a lot of stuff using USPS Priority Mail. Up until this year it would only take 2-3 days for anything to arrive, including across the country. The last six to eight months it's been taking anywhere from 4-7 days on average via Priority Mail (just this month service seems to have improved somewhat). I have had only one package (out of about 50) that was delayed much longer than that. It got hung up in the city where my customer lived for over a week before it was finally delivered. I also had one book sent First Class mail in California that took nearly three weeks to arrive. On the day that I was preparing to send a second copy, my customer e-mailed me that the book arrived that day. I would say that using USPS is a 95% effective way to ship and usually less expensive than other services.