Varney - 1/2 joint Hoppe for Pushout

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Here is my friend Gary's new Varney. For those of you that are around the SC tournament scene, I'm sure you know Gary and as well know he's just a fantastic gentleman. I recently met his wife too when they picked up his new cue...I consider them both friends....hugely interesting & wonderful people. I met Gary a few years ago at one of Shannon's tournaments & found out he is an absolutle wealth of pool knowledge, this man has forgotten more about pool & champions than I'll ever learn. Pretty sporty player too...being a student of Ray Martin shows you have a true love for the game. Anyways...I share this with you so you'll see Gary is deserving of a keeper cue...he's not one to purchase a lot of cues or look to flip one for a quick buck either. He showed off his much loved Dishaw to me & we discussed what he liked in a cue. I was very excited when he decided he wanted one of mine. Knowing what Gary was looking for in a cue he gave me a bit of a free hand. The forearm is brazilian rosewood from the 1970's. The "tone" of this wood quickly makes you understand why the good rosewood is near impossible to find today. The birdseye handle is old growth and has no color added. The old maple is just this very nice dark honey color. I'd like to own a truck load of this maple. The 1/2 joint is made of the original Elforyn from Blatts...its a bit different than the Atlas version & I feel it really duplicates the look & feel of ivory. The cue features a brass 3/8-10 pin and the collars as well as the buttcap are black Juma. The 13mm shafts have 3/4" Juma ferrules with Triangles that I soak in a special sauce then lightly press. I put my heart into making this as fine a playing cue as possible...after going through a few racks on the shop table I feel the cue came together as planned. Gary I hope you are pleased with my work and again I apologize for the entirely too long of a wait. Thank you so much for your kind patience while I was sick and I'm glad to finally get the cue into your hands! Thank you everyone for your time & for looking.:smile:

Attachments

• 110929 (1).jpg
    110929 (1).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 731
  • 110929 (4).JPG
    110929 (4).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 803
  • 110929 (3).JPG
    110929 (3).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 722
  • 110929 (2).JPG
    110929 (2).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hoppe

It is good to see you back up and running and finishing out orders. This one is sweet looking and I bet the new owner will be happy with it. Keep posting the new ones, we like to see them.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic cue,and as far as the hit and solid feeling Kevin's cues are within the top 5 cues I've ever played with and God knows I've hit with tons:smile:

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
That's one of the nicest wrapless players i have ever seen. The half joint is great looking. p.m. me a price to build ME one please.
"country" Bob

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's one of the nicest wrapless players i have ever seen. The half joint is great looking. p.m. me a price to build ME one please.
"country" Bob

Just hadda tell ya, the pics look good but you ought to see it in person. The grain in that Rosewood is unreal.
{my cue:cool:}

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Just hadda tell ya, the pics look good but you ought to see it in person. The grain in that Rosewood is unreal.
{my cue:cool:}

With grain like that...you may never miss another ball!:thumbup:
Glad you are pleased!