Varney Custom No WAIT!

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
This cue is a steal at this price and I am the one that sold it to Nine Out. I sold the cue because it is just a little too stiff and I have moved back to a cue with a wrap. The butt will not be damanged by sitting on a concrete floor it will only be damaged if you drop it on the floor with a bit of force. Cues were made like this for many years and did just fine, persoally I think they hit a little crisper without the bumpber. There are no scratches in this cue, at least not when I originally sold it, there is some very mininscule swirling in the wood that shows up under a bright light from very close up. I think the best example of this is already in the pictures in the beginning of this post.

Bump for a great player at a good price. I won the Predator shaft and had Kevin convert the rings so the cue is basically coming with a free matching Predator shaft. The original price was $575.00.

-don

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I can't believe this cue is still available. Should have been gone in a day tops! Bump to the top for a nice seller and a great cue!

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
With all due respect

Speed, did you offer 450.00?

If so that would be a deal for one of us.

Please PM me if you feel I'm selling my gear for hundreds over its actual value. I'd be happy to discuss the SIX HUNDRED reasons we disagree in a less public arena.

I'll consider a near offer. If you are not the 450.00 offerer I apologize. He and I have something in common, a fondness for music, that tune "Dream Weaver" comes to mind.

Thanks,
NINER

B.T.W>

I'd beat slip on ferrules onto the wrong end of house cues with it before I sold it for FOUR HUNDRED anything. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF EUROS!

I may keep it. I'm buying a cue from an awesome seller so this one doesn't have to go to feed the kids. The seller of the cue that I'm acquiring has afforded me some time to get my stuff together.

On the awesome seller note, MARCUS I'll get the fresh pictures up pronto I actually have the cue packaged for the trip back to Varney Fife! :p

Also Marcus I'll trade the Varney and an $Orange Crush$ for the SICK BLACK CREEK that you have;) , Jeez Marcus what do you play with?

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
Nine Out said:
Speed, did you offer 450.00?

If so that would be a deal for one of us.

Please PM me if you feel I'm selling my gear for hundreds over its actual value. I'd be happy to discuss the SIX HUNDRED reasons we disagree in a less public arena.

I'll consider a near offer. If you are not the 450.00 offerer I apologize. He and I have something in common, a fondness for music, that tune "Dream Weaver" comes to mind.

Thanks,
NINER

B.T.W>

I'd beat slip on ferrules onto the wrong end of house cues with it before I sold it for FOUR HUNDRED anything. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF EUROS!

I may keep it. I'm buying a cue from an awesome seller so this one doesn't have to go to feed the kids. The seller of the cue that I'm acquiring has afforded me some time to get my stuff together.

On the awesome seller note, MARCUS I'll get the fresh pictures up pronto I actually have the cue packaged for the trip back to Varney Fife! :p

Also Marcus I'll trade the Varney and an $Orange Crush$ for the SICK BLACK CREEK that you have;) , Jeez Marcus what do you play with?

THANKS FOR WORKING ON UPDATED PICS.....

YOU WANT TO WORK A TRADE TOWARDS THE BLACKCREEK, YOU LET ME KNOW. I'D LIKE TO GIVE THIS VARNEY A RIDE.

P.S. HERE'S WHAT I PLAY WITH, TASCARELLA, CAROLINA CUSTOM BREAK, AND STEAL 3 PIECE JUMP, WITH MATCHING onQ CASE....

caseandwhatsinit.jpg

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well

I'm one for 4! I do have the same case minus design work, mines a 3x5 yours to?

Sweet Tasc, you've had a pile of them! Troy has a nice pair too!

Working on the pics, I'm up the Creek on the Creek if you catch my, um... DRIFT!

Thanks Marcus,

NINER

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
Nine Out said:
I'm one for 4! I do have the same case minus design work, mines a 3x5 yours to?

Sweet Tasc, you've had a pile of them! Troy has a nice pair too!

Working on the pics, I'm up the Creek on the Creek if you catch my, um... DRIFT!

Thanks Marcus,

NINER

YES THE CASE IS A 3X5. GARTH'S WORK IS GREAT.

I'LL GET BACK TO YOU AFTER SEEING THE PICS.

railfirst

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
correct me if im wrong, but you got the cue for $575 and now you want to sell it for right around $600? The cue market is crap right now and people are getting half of what they have into cues just to move them. Good luck trying to make a profit in the market today, if you just want cash $450 is about what youre going to have to take, if you cant deal with that you may just want to hold onto the cue for now, especially seeing as varneys usually sell on here in two days max.

Thanks for listening,
Ben

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
railfirst said:
correct me if im wrong, but you got the cue for $575 and now you want to sell it for right around $600? The cue market is crap right now and people are getting half of what they have into cues just to move them. Good luck trying to make a profit in the market today, if you just want cash $450 is about what youre going to have to take, if you cant deal with that you may just want to hold onto the cue for now, especially seeing as varneys usually sell on here in two days max.

Thanks for listening,
Ben

if he's taking paypal and paying shipping he's still taking a loss. not a big one, but that's not to say he should.

JimL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
poolplayer2093 said:
if he's taking paypal and paying shipping he's still taking a loss. not a big one, but that's not to say he should.

I think what Ben is saying is that the cue market is very tough right now.No one is going to move a used average player (no disrespect intended) for what they have into it.Of course if the seller isn't in a hurry he can sit & wait for his price but I think he'll end up waiting until the tax refunds come in (and maybe after the expo in March).

Jim

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
railfirst said:

Thanks for listening,
Ben

the way i read it, it looks like thecoats purchased the cue with 1 shaft from varney for $575 then won a 314 in some raffle, $200 value, and sent it in to mr varney to have the ring work changed to match the cue. anouther $50-$100 value (cann't really say, am just guessing, but somewhere in that range i would assume) and then sold the set up, $825ish value, to nine out for $675.

frankly, if i had $675 i would be all over this cue in a second. its beautiful cue and i've been wanting to give a varney a whirle, but i just picked up a nice joe baker and i also have an Albrecht on the way. so until i can, or even get around to actually trying to get rid of my predator, i'm on hold for a bit. to pad he's not interested in a ttrade and looking for a predator cue :p

Last edited:

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Varney

Soft Market, Recession, Stock market crash etc.. This is a 2 month old cue. I'm not trying to profit a penny!

I know that at least ONE of the 1,500 + people that visit these forums would agree that 6-625 for a 2-3 month old cue with over a year wait (i stand to be corrected) and $200+ Predator is a value........

If this is not the case I paid WAAAAY to much and will own it forever. Live and learn? I dont think this is the case.

I'm a buyer on all 400.00 Varney customs. Send pics no sneakies please..

What I dont understand is that if you dont like it, dont intend on buying it, or just want to lowball; why get involved in my for sale thread.

NINER

railfirst

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
did i ever say i didnt like the cue or didnt intend on buying it? NO. As soon as i see "varney" in the title i check the cue out, this cue i could afford to wait and see how things went without making contact with you. As the thread progresses I felt I needed to comment and correct me if I'm wrong but this is a public forum where members are allowed to post.

Ben

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
railfirst said:

Thanks for listening,
Ben

He paid $630.00 for the cue, I sold it to him. The asking price is more than fair considering the addition of the matching Predator shaft.

-don

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks

Thanks Don,

I couldnt remember what i paid.

I liked it

I bought it, I couldnt remember what the exact price was appearantly we have an in house accountant (who didnt know what I paid either) and he's also a real live typing Blue Book of Cues.

Please have him update MY CUES 450.00 VALUATION because the cue just SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

I'm glad, this thread was about to get ugly!

And the cue, it's pretty darn unique!

NINER

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Nine Out said:
Thanks Don,

I couldnt remember what i paid.

I liked it

I bought it, I couldnt remember what the exact price was appearantly we have an in house accountant (who didnt know what I paid either) and he's also a real live typing Blue Book of Cues.

Please have him update MY CUES 450.00 VALUATION because the cue just SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

I'm glad, this thread was about to get ugly!

And the cue, it's pretty darn unique!

NINER

Congrats to the buyer and the seller. The buyer is getting a really nice player. I know I played about ten hours with the cue and I will say that Kevin's shaft really played nice.

-don