Vegas question

NevadaP

"Hundreds of thousands?" How about dozens of millions.

In 1970, there were 6.7 million visitors to Las Vegas In 2019, this had grown to 42.5 million In 2020.
familydestinationsguide.com/las-vegas-visitor-statistics-and-tourism-figures/
And all of them are there each weekend.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are 3 huge hotels right There . The mgm, New York New York and excalibur. They are all booked? That seems crazy.

NevadaP

You are the one who said, "each year." Read your post:

"Hundreds of thousands of people are attracted to the place each year. More power to them, but count me out."
Yep, Your stats are correct. Millions go to LV each year. And in my experience, it seems that all of them are there each weekend. No missed grammar, I think you missed my humor.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Our league team won a free trip to Vegas for the ACS (edit) tourney in May at the Trop.

Problem is, no rooms at the Trop for the weekend so we have to get another hotel in the middle of the tourney. One of our guys found a downtown room for Sat, but geez. Another is going to the airport Sat night and sleeping there....yuk.

Wth? They have what, 4000 rooms? They "host" a tourney but leave out the room part of it? I'd gamble and eat there and spend there, but they don't want my money.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Jeff Livingston
Air BnB is your friend and so is VRBO (vacation rental by owner). You will often find better accommodations than a hotel at better prices (no parking fees, no resort fees!).

I have stayed in Vegas several times at the Desert Rose Resort, a condominium complex behind the Tropicana and Hooters, and across from the MGM. They rent furnished one bedroom condos with fully equipped kitchens at a comparable rate as a nice hotel (or less!). There are no extra charges either! I will be staying there from June 2-7 as a matter of fact. There are many places like that you can find in other parts of Vegas, most being rented by absentee owners (Air BnB and VRBO).

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Air BnB is your friend and so is VRBO (vacation rental by owner). You will often find better accommodations than a hotel at better prices (no parking fees, no resort fees!).

I have stayed in Vegas several times at the Desert Rose Resort, a condominium complex behind the Tropicana and Hooters, and across from the MGM. They rent furnished one bedroom condos with fully equipped kitchens at a comparable rate as a nice hotel (or less!). There are no extra charges either! I will be staying there from June 2-7 as a matter of fact. They are many places like that you can find in other parts of Vegas, most being rented by absentee owners (Air BnB and VRBO).
I've had the same experience (Airbnb, haven't used VRBO). You can usually find a nice house or condo within a very close easy walk of most of the major hotels that pool events are held at that are nicer than the hotel and will be cheaper too, particularly if you are sharing with one or more other teammates.

MurrayNevada

Yep, Your stats are correct. Millions go to LV each year. And in my experience, it seems that all of them are there each weekend. No missed grammar, I think you missed my humor.
I did miss your humor and agree about the weekends in Las Vegas. I stay away on weekends AND weekdays.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have stayed in Vegas several times at the Desert Rose Resort, a condominium complex behind the Tropicana and Hooters, and across from the MGM. They rent furnished one bedroom condos with fully equipped kitchens at a comparable rate as a nice hotel (or less!). There are no extra charges either! I will be staying there from June 2-7 as a matter of fact. There are many places like that you can find in other parts of Vegas, most being rented by absentee owners (Air BnB and VRBO).
I agree. After paying the resort fees I figured I can avoid that public toilet they call a pool and have my own private pool & hot tub. Instead of the restaurant rip off, I have fine steaks on my outdoor bbq.
Helps to have your own car.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

be careful with those rentals....

VegasAirBnB.jpg

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Trop has no coffee in the rooms, no refrigerator, and no micro. You gotta walk a quarter mile to pay $9 a cup.

Jeff Livingston

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Las Vegas use to be place to go for reasonable vacation, or weekend.

There use to be deal on rooms, food, and shows.

They have copied Disney’s business plan. Over charge for everything, and screw customers over.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trop has no coffee in the rooms, no refrigerator, and no micro. You gotta walk a quarter mile to pay $9 a cup. ...
Yup. Even the suites at Mandalay Bay do not have coffee makers. Exercise equipment, but no coffee makers. Room service will be glad to bring coffee. In a while. When you're in the shower. Remember to tip.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were you flying through AMS? Tuesday and Wednesday were a bit crazy there.
I was lax direct to ohare Chicago. I didn’t ask why the delay. Whole trip took almost 10 hours. I’m here now-all good. Leaving Sunday for Nice, going to Monaco for a while.

Best
Fatboy <———not sure where I’ll end up….

gerryf

Yup. Even the suites at Mandalay Bay do not have coffee makers. Exercise equipment, but no coffee makers. Room service will be glad to bring coffee. In a while. When you're in the shower. Remember to tip.
Cosmopolitan and Caesar's Palace also don't have coffee makers in the room and I assume none of the big hotels do. I went to the drug store and bought a coffee maker for $18, and left it behind when i checked out a week later.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Some players I know went to Vegas the week after I did for a Valley tourney, I think.

10 came back and tested positive for covid, one was sick, the rest fine.

fyi,

Jeff Livingston