W/FS Rules

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Nice cue bumps still happening. And why can't people...especially the dealers, just list all their wares in ONE ad?! No wonder the 'little' guy can't get any exposure. Just about done with the disparity on AZB.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue bumps still happening. And why can't people...especially the dealers, just list all their wares in ONE ad?! No wonder the 'little' guy can't get any exposure. Just about done with the disparity on AZB.

Amen aaaaaaamen can I get a witness up in here?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

I've listed a few cues for sale lately, and I know what you mean.
I think it's a dealer conspiracy designed to keep the little man (women) down.
The only way to compete is to offer crazy low prices, and since I probably have more cues than most dealers,
I should be able to outlast them, and make it up in volume><:scratchhead:

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
I've listed a few cues for sale lately, and I know what you mean.
I think it's a dealer conspiracy designed to keep the little man (women) down.
The only way to compete is to offer crazy low prices, and since I probably have more cues than most dealers,
I should be able to outlast them, and make it up in volume><:scratchhead:

LoL! I get that!

I've been reporting illegal bumps, and nothing comes of it for certain individuals. Level of membership should have no bearing on how the rules are applied. make it fair across the board, or restore it to the way it used to be.

Last edited:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398657568.897378.jpg

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I know what u mean I been trying too sell my ob too get new cue and after hour its 5 pages back but what can u do maybe someone will get it one day lol :thumbup:

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
I know what u mean I been trying too sell my ob too get new cue and after hour its 5 pages back but what can u do maybe someone will get it one day lol :thumbup:

Doubt it. I have lost faith in people doing the right thing any longer. It's all about screwing the next guy and getting over.

Make it fair, and cut down on the clutter and posts getting knocked back faster than poop circles the drain. Make those sellers with multiple items for sale post them all in one ad. It's called consolidation. There is no good reason for multiple individual listings...PERIOD.

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I gave up and went back to eBay for selling Pool related items.
No bumps, No "plays lights out", No "hits a ton", No "monster player", No GLWS

The 10% fee stings, so I just add it to my starting price.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Oh you mean other people bumping a thread with something like "nice cue"? I don't know how they would possibly stop that outside of simply locking the threads as soon as they are created. Would be cool if the thread creator could edit their ad as much as they wanted to without bumping and that no one else could bump in the thread.

I don't think it would be fair to punish the thread creator for the fact that other people are bumping the thread. Nor should you punish the compliment bumpers. Just very little way to prove deliberate collusion here. And I kind of doubt that it is collusion either. I think people see a nice cue or case and and respond instinctively.

However those who maliciously knock a thread should get an insta-ban for a day.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you guys, and why would anyone NEED to post "nice cue "great price there" etc that has no bearing on the sale except to help bump a friends thread. It happens and I have gotten thank you PM's for doing it.......so i stopped!

On a state gun board I am a member of you CAN IN NO WAY bump for sale threads except once every 3 days! no exceptions.....AND if you post "nice gun" to a sale thread, you get a warning.......there is NO bs there! and we are all treated the same.....individual or dealer.

G.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought there was a new anti-bumping plugin installed to stop it.

There was for a short time, but now it's no longer in effect.

The best solution for all of this is to have dealers pay for a "dealer account".
Then give them their own W/FS subforum.
Limit bumping to 24 hours and disable commenting in W/FS threads.

They did this on another vbulletin forum, that I frequent. It instantly got rid of the trash, the people abusing the system, and the cult of dealers that didn't want to support the forum.

Also, something to add to the W/FS forum, is subforums. Looking for a case in the midst of cues is not fun. Yes, there is a search feature, but it does not catch everything, unless it was tagged "case". If I try to specifically look for a GTF case, the search tells me that GTF is too short or too common and won't search for it.

Last edited:

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't we just auto sort by date of thread start, not last post? Then bumping is completely irrelevant as it won't bring the post to the top.

And then, buyers can ask questions, and sellers can respond, and nobody gets pissed off.

To handle the dealers, make a rule that you can only post a new thread once every 24 hours to W/FS. That way they'll have to group everything together.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you guys, and why would anyone NEED to post "nice cue "great price there" etc that has no bearing on the sale except to help bump a friends thread. It happens and I have gotten thank you PM's for doing it.......so i stopped!

On a state gun board I am a member of you CAN IN NO WAY bump for sale threads except once every 3 days! no exceptions.....AND if you post "nice gun" to a sale thread, you get a warning.......there is NO bs there! and we are all treated the same.....individual or dealer.

G.

It's my experience that gun people are simply a more courteous and forgiving group of people than most. I've seen more random acts of kindness waiting in line for a slot at the range than just about anywhere else.

So this may not have too much to do with the way that forum is run, just the people in it...

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member

G.

It's the same as people posting "i spit my coffee out on my keyboard" without an accompanying funny picture or gif in the funny pic/gif thread. Totally annoying.

Some people just don't get it...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I hear you guys, and why would anyone NEED to post "nice cue "great price there" etc that has no bearing on the sale except to help bump a friends thread

It's hard to come up with anything new to say except "nice cue, GLWS"
I'm not clever enough to bump a friends thread without making it look obvious, so I rarely do it><:smile:
The key is to sell the item at the right price so you don't have to go through all of this bumping BS:

"Nice cue, cut the ****ing price in half and you might sell it,...or not"

"GLWS, would someone please buy this thing to help clear out some of the clutter in the WFS"

"No wonder you haven't sold the cue in over 6-months, the price is higher than retail, and it's really ****ing ugly"

"Ninety bumps is enough, give it a rest, the cue is a keeper"

"Those shafts look like balsa wood, GLWS"

Hope this helps

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's hard to come up with anything new to say except "nice cue, GLWS"
I'm not clever enough to bump a friends thread without making it look obvious, so I rarely do it><:smile:
The key is to sell the item at the right price so you don't have to go through all of this bumping BS:

"Nice cue, cut the ****ing price in half and you might sell it,...or not"

"GLWS, would someone please buy this thing to help clear out some of the clutter in the WFS"

"No wonder you haven't sold the cue in over 6-months, the price is higher than retail, and it's really ****ing ugly"

"Ninety bumps is enough, give it a rest, the cue is a keeper"

"Those shafts look like balsa wood, GLWS"

Hope this helps

Telling someone to keep their cue, because you don't like it, is causing the same problem as some toolbag saying "Nice Cue!"

OVERBUMPING... It's in the rules.

"11) Over-active bumping is not allowed. If most of the replies to your post are bumps that is overactive bumping. Anything more than a single bump in any 48-hour period is over-bumping."

Technically, any post "bumps" the thread. That's how vbulletin is set up and that's how threads stay at the top of the page. A "hot topic", if you will.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Telling someone to keep their cue, because you don't like it, is causing the same problem as some toolbag saying "Nice Cue!"

OVERBUMPING... It's in the rules.

"11) Over-active bumping is not allowed. If most of the replies to your post are bumps that is overactive bumping. Anything more than a single bump in any 48-hour period is over-bumping."

Technically, any post "bumps" the thread. That's how vbulletin is set up and that's how threads stay at the top of the page. A "hot topic", if you will.

After the 48-hour bump rule was invoked I estimated that at least 40% of the threads in the WFS had some type of rule infractions.
Mostly over-bumping, and quite a few by people who should know better.
I see intelligent people (some not so intelligent) bumping their own thread just to tell the world that they sold the ****ing cue...big ****ing deal><:mad:
The WFS section is getting a little better, but there should be some kind of a 48-hour block, since we can't rely on a bunch of poolplayers to follow the rules.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the 48-hour bump rule was invoked I estimated that at least 40% of the threads in the WFS had some type of rule infractions.
Mostly over-bumping, and quite a few by people who should know better.
I see intelligent people (some not so intelligent) bumping their own thread just to tell the world that they sold the ****ing cue...big ****ing deal><:mad:
The WFS section is getting a little better, but there should be some kind of a 48-hour block, since we can't rely on a bunch of poolplayers to follow the rules.

There are plug-ins, settings, and "thread rules" that can be set in place with vBulletin.

If it were set up like the other forums that I frequent, which have ZERO problems, it would be like this:

W/FS
- Cues
- Cases
- Accessories
- DVD's, Apparel, Misc.
- Cuemakers (Tools, Building Materials, Etc..)

In each subforum, you can only create one thread every 12 hours and can only bump once every 48 hours. It's not a written or spoken rule, it's a systematic rule that absolutely will not allow you to post unless 48 hours has past. The way it works is the thread is limited to the OP posting only. You want to know more info? Use private messages.