Waiting for OB cues delivery for over 6 weeks

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad I never bought any of their stuff.

Sounds like their customer service attitude is terrible.

FWIW, I have tried a few of their shafts, but never liked any of them.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Going to take a long time for OB to catch up to all the returns.

Tough to run a company in Texas when you live in Florida.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I took my shaft with the loose insert here to the Derby to see if Joe Blackburn or Steve Lomax could fix it. They were definitely not surprised that it was an OB shaft. It couldn't be fixed because they didn't have any replacement inserts with them so I got a taom tip put on my original Joss Thorhammer shaft. Not sure what I'm going to do going forward. Shipping it back for a repair is both a pain in the butt and a gamble as to when it would be fixed and even if it would be fixed correctly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Rift Break Cue

Well after my last post I have heard back from them but it seems my shaft had not been fixed but was being put in and I would be contacted with shipping info very soon.

The only thing that bothers me is they lost all my information I sent with the shaft. I hope they have the right shaft to repair and I get mine back since it was only a few months old and in perfect shape minus a broken ferrule. I honestly thought they might just ship out a new one to save the time and trouble.

I will update once I get it returned and inspected.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yikes. Mine isn't quite that bad, but the insert spins freely when you try to tighten the shaft down, and it slides in and out. If I pulled it all the way out it would probably look like that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My bet is that the taps are dull, and thus the insert is really only held in place by the strength of the glue...

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Break Shaft

I heard back from OB on Friday. My shaft is in for repair but they are out of the Samsara tips. They did offer to put something else on but I opted to wait and see if they can get some in the beginning of the week.

The girls handling customer service were extremely nice, which to me, goes a long way and makes the inconvenience not so bad. Good customer service and friendly associates are hard to find in this day and age.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Da shaft

I know a guy who ordered on NOV 20th and had got the run around with emails and excuses.... he still has not gotten squat..
They used to be a quality company but since they lost Royce the operation has gone down the drain....
Sad to hear but I would suggest everyone that reads this steer clear of the product.

Rob.M

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the shaft came back and looked perfect. Unfortunately about half way through the night the tip flew off. Came off between the tip and carbon fiber pad.

Funny thing, the tip came off my OB Lift Pro as well a few weeks ago. Same deal.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well the shaft came back and looked perfect. Unfortunately about half way through the night the tip flew off. Came off between the tip and carbon fiber pad.

Funny thing, the tip came off my OB Lift Pro as well a few weeks ago. Same deal.

hope the glue they use to keep the shaft together works better....:grin-square:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Had a brand new OB2 same issue last year.

Reactions: KRJ

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

OB should move their plant to Taiwan for better quality. Shane can still live in Florida and run the company from there.

:thumbup:

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My experience with ob was pretty bad. Bought a shaft that was taken down close to 12. The ferrule broke and they replaced it then it broke again. That time they said it was under the warranty diameter. I said I got it from y'all and I never touched it and they basically accused me of lying saying they thought I took it down further. I told them to keep the shaft I wanted to see it and made some threats. They ended up replacing it and it ended up breaking in the same spot. I just gave up. I think the problem was at smaller diameters their wooden ferrules don't hold up by they kept saying that's not the problem. I've never had a problem with predator shafts or other maple ones

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's sad to see a company that used to have such a great reputation in quality and service get slammed so much recently. Hopefully they're changing focus to the carbon fiber market; as former leaders in low deflection it only makes sense(?)... well, to be seen. Viking resurrected from near bankruptcy not long ago, hope they're doing well and also have their direction pointed in the right place.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love seeing product providers/makers being slammed for providing "inferior" crap. It causes them to either fix their crap to acceptable standards or lose business.

To me, "American Made" doesn't mean jack shit if your stuff can't meet the quality and standards that other countries can.