Was this a foul at TS or a SHARK

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unhappy with one of Mike D's racks, Jason Shaw swiped the rack open with his cue.
Should have been a foul and a game penalty to me or was it a shark move?
In the future at all significant tourneys there should be neutral racker with no rerack. IMHO....Mitch

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me it is a foul and being a douche bag combined. The moment both
players lag, its game on. I know there's semantics to everything and
people will disagree but swiping all the balls with your stick is saying
'' Fu-k you Mike, , I'm running the show''.

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me it is a foul and being a douche bag combined. The moment both
players lag, its game on. I know there's semantics to everything and
people will disagree but swiping all the balls with your stick is saying
'' Fu-k you Mike, , I'm running the show''.

I agree,should have definitely been a foul.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
It's not a foul imo but it is unsportsmanlike conduct.
If I was the ref/tournament director and this was the first "problem" then probably
a warning would suffice, or maybe assuming it was Jayson's break I would let Mike
break instead.

gr. Dave

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is going to be an interesting discussion to watch, considering all the comments in the past (and especially in the chat) about Mike's checking the rack. From what I saw, everyone (at least on the stream table) was checking the rack (maybe an opportunity to plug the outsville accu-rack?).

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Was There,,,,,,That Whole Racking Nonsense Is a BIG Blackeye For Pool,,,,
Mike Zuglan Wasn't Very Happy,,,,,
Look For Changes To Be Made Soon As Zuglan Knows What He's Doing,,,,,!!!!
Alan Ende.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
The racking was brutal. I never really cared all that much about all the rack controversy until this;I was trying to get my wife to watch the stream with me and show some interest in pool.

Watching Shaw rack for 5 solid minutes and all the other BS turned her off of the stream immediately. Only people that are already pool enthusiasts would endure that crap and continue watching and supporting. I'm sure ESPN is lining up to air 30 minutes of racking.

b

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it would matter what type of rack they would use. This is a way
of disrupting your opponent and getting in his head. Even when Mike does this,
it drives me nuts but when Jason swiped the balls like that, I knew he was
totally aggravated.
This is what happens when sportsmanship is thrown out the window.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The racking was brutal. I never really cared all that much about all the rack controversy until this;I was trying to get my wife to watch the stream with me and show some interest in pool.

Watching Shaw rack for 5 solid minutes and all the other BS turned her off of the stream immediately. Only people that are already pool enthusiasts would endure that crap and continue watching and supporting. I'm sure ESPN is lining up to air 30 minutes of racking.

b

I completely agree.

I love watching pool, snooker, anything billiards but even I have stopped watching some of the videos where reracking gets out of hand.

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many racks have been marketed over the years as "the rack to end all racking problems"?

Why the final matches during professional matches aren't racked by a neutral "racker" is beyond me. It degrades the promoter's product when the biggest conversation is about racking and little to nothing said about the fine play of both players.

Racking aside these were well played matches.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Was There,,,,,,That Whole Racking Nonsense Is a BIG Blackeye For Pool,,,,
Mike Zuglan Wasn't Very Happy,,,,,
Look For Changes To Be Made Soon As Zuglan Knows What He's Doing,,,,,!!!!
Alan Ende.

cwAV7SW.jpg

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racking

Given how all the Pros know what it takes to rack "properly" so the wing ball goes directly into the corner pocket - the layout of the balls and the tightness of the rack is VERY significant.

Watch Corel D and go to school on what he does and you will see the significance of how the balls get racked.

AND if you were around when Nicky Valahous (sp) was still alive and playing here in New England on the All About Pool tour he would have driven you nuts the way he examined the rack and routinely called for re-rack after re-reack until he was totally satisfied.

I would have expected better from someone who is a guest in our country and here to play in his third championship match at Turning Stone - AND please note that Mike even hung around to shake his hand after the award(s) - a big thumbs up to Mike.

pfd

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely

No question about it, unsportsmanlike conduct. Should have been loss of rack. If you dont like the rack after 2 attempts you rackem yourself or ask the ref if the rack is acceptable for break.Its about time the tourney directors hold their feet to the fire, and send a clear message that this kind of actions is not acceptable..... Can you imagine if the whole 128 person field acted this way??? Grow up Jason, you are not 3 years old anymore, or, are you?

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw was completely out of line, IMO.

Somebody brought up an idea that i like. If you don't like the re-rack, you can give up the break and your opponent has to break the rack as is. Either your opponent is giving you a bad rack and he'll have to deal with it or you're just being a nit.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't think of on other sport that goes through such nonsense, I'm sure someone seeing
pool really gets excited watching the racking procedure, there's got to be a better way. This is one time when I really agree with Danny, rack'em and break'em.

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't think of on other sport that goes through such nonsense, I'm sure someone seeing
pool really gets excited watching the racking procedure, there's got to be a better way. This is one time when I really agree with Danny, rack'em and break'em.

The racking was getting ridiculous, but Danny only says that because he thinks there's no skill involved in breaking.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let a ref rack no checking and two 20 sec. extension and let's get on with the game be a lot faster and better with no BS.