Wayne Holmes

kunin35

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well the pool world just lost another great one. Wayne Holmes recently passed away from lung and brain cancer. For those of you that had the pleasure of dealing with Wayne you know he was a charismatic guy that was passionate about building cues. You also know he could be a "crusty ole fart" HAHA. For those who are inclined, please say a little prayer for his wife Pat and their family.

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
so sad

Wayne was a great guy to work with. He definitely knew what he was doing when it came to building cues.

This puts the icing on the cake to retire my Wayne I shoot with!

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This news is a very sad...
Everything that I know about Pool in America has come from Wayne. Including the 3 beautiful cues we designed and he made!

My thoughts are with Pat and Family xx

cueball981

Struggling Cue Artist
Silver Member
Just found out from his widow, Pat, today. Wayne, bless his heart, lost a very hard-fought battle with cancer...been ongoing for the past 6 months. My thoughts and prayers go out to Wayne's wife Pat and their family. Wayne built me the cue of my dreams and I will never forget the experience! I treasure playing with my cue each and every day...and now will be thinking of Wayne up in heaven each time I hold his creation in my hand. Wayne, you will be missed!!!

Chris Alderman

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There aren't enough kind words for Wayne. He didn't just make cues, he made friends. Even though he built my cues years ago we always stayed in touch. Always a pleasure to visit with. So unfortunate.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Damn.... A friend has a cue of Wayne's and his attention to detail was amazing! Cue plays awesome as well!

Godspeed Wayne.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well the pool world just lost another great one. Wayne Holmes recently passed away from lung and brain cancer. For those of you that had the pleasure of dealing with Wayne you know he was a charismatic guy that was passionate about building cues. You also know he could be a "crusty ole fart" HAHA. For those who are inclined, please say a little prayer for his wife Pat and their family.

Sorry to hear that. He was a gentleman in my few dealings with him. Martin

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

So sorry to hear this. Wayne was an underknown cue maker who really knew his way around the lathe.

My deepest condolences to Wayne's family and friends.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is really sad news. I have known Wayne since he started building cues and I am shocked to hear he passed away. He never even mentioned being sick to me. RIP. Our prayers are with his family.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry to hear this. Wayne was an underknown cue maker who really knew his way around the lathe.

My deepest condolences to Wayne's family and friends.
I can't think of a more under recognized cue maker. Wayne's work was as top shelf as any of those moving regular cues into the thousands.