Weather check............

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Places that never see snow, sadly, don't have infrastructure to handle it.
Four inches of snow can cause weeks of recovery, especially to the power distribution system.
Not so much the snow as the hours on end of sub-freezing temps. Grid just can't take the huge spikes in demand. Here in Okla. we're seeing temps. not seen in over 30yrs.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is bayou country. 23 degrees.

Frozen.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Glen Campbell never imagined this when he sang about Galveston.....here’s the beach...

6821B494-31FC-42D3-928F-5EAE842C4514.jpeg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-10 right now. Can't remember last time it got this cold here. At least ten yrs or more. 4-6" of snow headed our way tonite.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
5 am, drift got me..damn I should have stayed home...sometimes living in the country sucks. Good news it only took 3 hours to dig it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-101252_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-101252_Gallery.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 73

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sunny and 65 here. Headed to the beach with a cocktail in a few minutes and going to try and find one of these to jump on.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 77

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
its 6 degrees, broke the record of 14 made in 1905.
got out a bit yesterday with the front loader, loader said WTF! went back to the shed.
I'm thinking God is having a good laugh with the climate change controller's thinking that they can do anything to change how it works, universally.

...oh Ssonerai, I'm thinking there could be a Razorback logo on that coat.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Eureka. It's 47 degrees in Manhattan today. To be honest, I like it a little colder than that in winter.

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha Ha. I grew up in Dayton, Ohio and always hated the six months of cold weather every year, and the snow and ice didn't make it any better, even if we did get out of school once in a while. I can remember sitting in my den, with a view out the window of the intersection by our house, and watching the cars come down the hilly road and slide off to the side at the stop sign, sometimes bumping into other cars already stopped there.

When I was old enough to know that the climate was much warmer in the South, I knew where I was headed one day. First, three years in Oklahoma and then off to L.A., where I never really left.
Grew up in Warren, Ohio and drove a tow truck though the winters of '77 and 78. Next year took a gig in the Fl. Keys and decided to live in Florida and visit Ohio. Like you, will always consider Ohio home. Not sure what the exact temp is in Fl. but the AC just kicked on...

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
-6 (feels like -20) here now. It's warmed up a bunch since last week. A couple of days last week it was -40 (but felt like -58) when I went to work.

All in Fahrenheit for my southern friends.

Dave